Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-05, 06:03 AM  
lemonmoon

Ana Forrest-trained teacher in Cleveland

For anyone who is interested, Innerblissyoga in Lakewood is having a class on Friday, January 14, with a woman who just finished the teacher training program with Ana Forrest. It's a "community class" so I don't know if it will be on-going or not--maybe it will depend on the number of people who show up.

Let me know if there are people in the area who are tempted by this!

Fran
lemonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 07:19 AM  
Thanya
VF Supporter

Hi Fran!

Thanks for the info. I'm interested. Could you please PM me the details?? TIA!!

Tanya
Thanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 08:22 AM  
jmander

I'm also interested in hearing more details.

Jane
Old 01-06-05, 09:34 AM  
lemonmoon

Forrest-trained teacher information

The website is: innerblissyogastudio.com

This is the information from the email I received (I couldn't find it on their website, though). It would be fun to meet up with some Cleveland VF people!

NEW CLASS! Welcome Puma Perme, just back from a successful Yoga Teacher Training with Ana Forrest! Puma will lead a Friday evening Forrest Yoga Community Practice beginning next Friday, January 14 5:45 pm - 6:45 pm!

Fran
Old 01-07-05, 02:05 PM  
lemonmoon

a mini-meeting!

Jane, that would be great to meet you there. The studio's philosophy sounds good.

Where do you practice in town?
Old 01-07-05, 08:42 PM  
jmander

I used to practice at Bhumi's Yoga Studio, when she was in Lakewood and then when she moved to Westlake. It's been many many years since I've taken a class there now. I'm trying to get a consistent home practice. How about you?

ETA: Have you ever done any Forrest yoga? I've had Strength & Spirit on my wishlist for a while, but have never seen it or done it. At least I'll be able to see the style next week.

Jane
Old 01-07-05, 09:22 PM  
Carol_is_fit

Hey all! Native Clevelander here who now resides in North Ridgeville!! Lakewood isn't all that far away ... assuming no more ice storms show up next week and I-90 is clear ... are you all going to this? I've never taken a live yoga class ... should I just show up? I would love to meet all of you!!

Carol
Old 01-07-05, 09:43 PM  
lemonmoon

let's go!

Jane and Carol, this sounds great! Should we all bring copies of the collage catalog to identify ourselves?

I've rarely taken live classes, as I used to find it easier to practice at home. But I am so intrigued by Ana's style, and would love to find a teacher I can learn from. If you all spur me on I'll show up for the class.

It doesn't seem as if you have to pre-register for this. I think the trick will be to find the entrance to the place. It's a very small mall which seems to be emptying out a bit as some stores have moved to Crocker Park.

I'll try to email the studio and get more details but if anyone does it before me, please let me know.

Fran
Old 01-07-05, 09:52 PM  
jmander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmoon
Jane and Carol, this sounds great! Should we all bring copies of the collage catalog to identify ourselves?
LOL! Sounds good. Actually, Carol and I should bring copies of the videos we just traded to each other this week! Carol - I just did the first combo from it tonight. It would be great to meet you both.

Jane
Old 01-07-05, 10:05 PM  
Thanya
VF Supporter

I will be looking forward to hearing more about your get-together. Too bad I would not be able to make it to the classes on Friday. I can't get off from school (Case Western Reserve) until after 5:30 and it will take me a while to go to Lakewood Maybe I will be able to join you other time.

Have fun!
Thanya is offline   Reply With Quote