Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-19, 07:30 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Do you mean the rotation on the back of her Get Strong DVD?* The back of Power Walk just lists the chaptered miles.

*I might do that one!
Yes, sorry, it is on the back of the Get Strong DVD.
Old 05-16-19, 03:24 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I must have deleted her last newsletter about the upcoming Summer of Strength. Did she say that she'll be sending out details tomorrow, Friday 5/17?
Old 05-16-19, 04:05 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Details will be posted tomorrow on her website.

I might be interested, depending on content. Lately I've just been flailing about--a little KCM, a little Jari, a little yoga--and sometimes choose stuff that's too hard for me at my current fitness level. The timing is right, and I need more structure right now, so I'm leaning toward yes.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 04:59 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I might do it. I'll have to see what it consists of, specifically, before committing, though. I've been doing my own thing, lately, trying to increase my poundage before trying to follow a DVD strength workout. I was SO de-conditioned after a long hiatus from formal exercise, and I've had a tough time getting back to 'normal.' I'm doing well now, I think, so this might be just what I need to get back on track. Of course, I could always modify it to my preferences and needs.

Donna
Donna, I’m exactly right there. And I have realized that I need to build back my fitness so that I have more strength and endurance for my new job as well as for hiking. Honestly, though, that’s a good goal to have for fitness! Now I just have to do it. I did start with a 4.5 mile hike in the mountains today. The first mountain hike of the season is always the hardest for me, but I have never had it as a goal to condition myself for it. I’m probably going to put Summer of Strength on hold while I do an easier program to increase my fitness level first. I was going to do WS3, but my start with an earlier/easier program. I felt out of shape just doing Have a Ball the other day!
Old 05-17-19, 07:27 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Rotation's up! Looks great. Five days a week. I'm in, will start on Monday.

Anyone interested in a check-in?

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
Old 05-17-19, 07:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Rotation's up! Looks great. Five days a week. I'm in, will start on Monday.

Anyone interested in a check-in?
I'll give it a try. While I'm normally rotationally-challenged, the only other rotation I ever completed was Jessica's WS2 when it was first released and this one does look good. I may be interested in a check in but I'm planning to start on Sunday and I already see a substitution that I'll have to do on Day 2.
Old 05-17-19, 02:17 PM  
CharM

http://jessicasmithtv.com/join-us-fo...r-of-strength/

I don't think I'll officially join, but I'll use the rotation as a guide for when I don't know what to do.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 04:53 PM  
laurajhawk

I saw the rotation today and really like it, but my June is all broken up (travel and events) and I don't want to do a rotation. I think I might do Jessica's rotation in July.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 06:14 PM  
moonbeam31

I just ordered her new Get Strong DVD and yes, I think I am interested in this!! Going to start a check in?? My daughter is home for the summer from University and we worked out to Ellen last night and I was telling her we need to add some Jessica into the mix.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 06:49 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
I just ordered her new Get Strong DVD and yes, I think I am interested in this!! Going to start a check in?? My daughter is home for the summer from University and we worked out to Ellen last night and I was telling her we need to add some Jessica into the mix.
We could start a new check-in or crash the one that's already established, Jessica Smith & Friends. I'm terrible with check-ins, but I really need the accountability!

Tags
jessica smith