Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-19, 09:23 AM  
Hilary

Cathe LITE Reviews

I don't see a thread specifically for reviews, so I hope it's okay to start one.

I have the downloads and did Cardio Party, Cardio Party Calorie Crush, and Abs 1 this morning.

Quick and dirty ...

Calorie Party was pretty basic hi/lo and boxing moves ... easy to follow. You could modify up the intensity for some of the moves, but they didn't last very long. This would be a good intermediate cardio workout. Music was okay.

CP Calorie Crush uses the step. I went with just the platform. She has four short combos on the step, each followed by a blast. No breakdown on the combos ... the moves were similar to 4-Day Split ... I'm pretty good with step choreography but a preview of the steps would have helped. I'll probably never use even one riser because I'm awful at two-legged jumps and several of the blasts included them.

Abs 1 was NOT intermediate in any sense of the word!! Hardly any of the moves were familiar to me, and most of them were extremely challenging, and I do abs workouts all the time.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 10:00 AM  
bubbles76

You look so lovely in your profile picture! Thanks for the review of some of the workouts. I can't wait to get mine, although I probably won't start on these right away. I'm already two Cathe series behind!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 10:36 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
Abs 1 was NOT intermediate in any sense of the word!! Hardly any of the moves were familiar to me, and most of them were extremely challenging, and I do abs workouts all the time.
Thanks for starting this thread and for your review! I'm glad I am not the only one that thought Abs 1 was far from intermediate!! I don't think I'll be doing Abs 1 anytime soon.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 10:52 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

LITE Rev'd Up Rumble - Fun workout! The punch-kick combinations are the most like KP&C. Runs just under 40 minutes. I enjoyed it. No jumping jacks.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:00 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
LITE Rev'd Up Rumble - Fun workout! The punch-kick combinations are the most like KP&C. Runs just under 40 minutes. I enjoyed it. No jumping jacks.
Thanks for the reviews everyone and for the thread Hilary. Just wondering if Rev’d Up Rumble has a punch only/no kick option?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:10 AM  
sbh

Does the User guide and rotation come with the dvds? I only purchased the dvd bundle, no downloads.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:15 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
Does the User guide and rotation come with the dvds? I only purchased the dvd bundle, no downloads.
DH just picked mine up at the PO! The user guide will be HERE. Maybe next week?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:20 AM  
sbh

Thank you Lannette!!!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 12:50 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiletha444 View Post
Thanks for starting this thread and for your review! I'm glad I am not the only one that thought Abs 1 was far from intermediate!! I don't think I'll be doing Abs 1 anytime soon.
Does she use equipement in this workout?
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 01:20 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I just did Cardio Party in this order: Warmup, Calorie Crush, Main program, 6 Pack Abs #1, Cooldown, Extended stretch.

I did it using the Main page as there wasn’t a premix in this order but it was easy to do because it’s well chaptered.

Loved the warmup, it was like a mini combo with fun moves. It was a little longer than usual at 9 minutes.

The calorie crush is like a mini IMAX step workout with a combo followed by a blast and then an active rest. I only used the platform (no risers) until I’m comfortable with the choreography. I don’t do across the top multiple times with a spin because I get dizzy either so I did them on the floor behind the step. Overall a fun, mini step workout that comes in at under 30 minutes with the warmup/cool down added ( premix). When I know the combos, I’ll add one riser.

The main workout was fun! It has a nice mix of boxing, hi/lo, old school, low impact, and blasts. You don’t do the moves for very long so there’s not a lot of repetition which makes the time go by quickly. Very enjoyable intermediate cardio workout.

I agree with everyone about the 6 Pack Abs #1, it moves slower but the exercises are more advanced. They are all boxing inspired. I can’t do sit outs at all, it puts too much pressure on my wonky shoulder so I substitute my own version of an alternating leg across in plank position. The sit-up punch combos were do-able and the plank/Superman combo was my favorite move. Overall....challenging!

The stretch was done standing and was a nice ending. I tacked on the extended stretch and enjoyed it very much. It’s relaxing floor combination that isn’t too taxing and leaves you feeling great!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands