If I have the following Jessica Smith dvds:
  • All the Walk Strong Sets
  • All three 10 Pounds Down sets
  • Walk On 6 Mile Mix
  • Walk On: 3-DVD Super Set
  • Walk On: 15-Minute Fast Fat Blasts
  • The Ultimate Workouts for Weight Loss: 4-DVD Collection
  • Look Better Naked and the one she did for Women's Health

Do I need either her Walk On: Walk the Weight Off 30 Day Plan or her 21 Day Plan? A recent thread made me think that I need these sets, and with my Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket, I'm catching feelings. Hmmm...now that I type out all the Jessica workouts I have, I'm wondering if maybe I can do without? Of course, that fact has not stopped me from acquiring 90% of Cathe's collection Someone talk me into or out of these sets!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 08:04 AM  
Tugger31

I have read that these sets are on the easier side so depends on what you want. I just bought her 3 new ones and have done both the walking one and the strength one and so far love them both.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 08:06 AM  
Gams

I have both sets you are contemplating getting and they are among my favorite Jessica workouts, so my vote is to get them, especially seeing how her workouts seem to vary in availability - I say get them while you can. These are good sets.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 08:10 AM  
Sollamyn

You can probably do her Walk Strong rotations (and Youtube rotations) without those sets. Any of her 30-min. workouts can be easily substituted with another 30-min. workout that is in your collection (or online). That being said, I must say that I really like the cardio workouts in the 30-Day set.

Donna
Old 01-08-19, 08:25 AM  
Cher

Of course you don't need them, but......they are nice to have for variety and we are vidiots after all.

I recently pulled out Walk the Weight Off 30 Day set and found I really like it now. Don't know why I haven't used it more. The 30 Minute Strength Interval Walk has been my latest "go to" when I don't want to do a strength workout but know I need to. The 20 Minute Chair Stretch is pretty good too. All the walks are a nice variety.

The 21-Day set is good too. I'm not a fan of the strength workout on this one because it has mainly compound moves which I'm not a fan of but others here say it's their favorite. I love the Stride, Stretch, Relax Walk in this set for a light day....about a 15 minute light walk, about 10 minute nice chair stretch and about 5 minute relax breathing.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 09:34 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I have read that these sets are on the easier side so depends on what you want. I just bought her 3 new ones and have done both the walking one and the strength one and so far love them both.
Tugger, I'm eyeballing the newest strength workout too. Not a must buy for right now, but definitely looks interesting. I like the set too.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 10:36 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I have a lot of Jessica's DVDs, but not all of the ones you listed. I have all the Walk Strong sets and the 6 Mile Mix and her two new ones (Power Walk and Get Strong). I really like her new Get Strong release because it's different from her usual strength work. The Strictly Strength workout from that DVD is all weights, which is what I've been looking for, but it really depends on what your goals are.
Old 01-08-19, 11:28 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I have a lot of Jessica's DVDs, but not all of the ones you listed. I have all the Walk Strong sets and the 6 Mile Mix and her two new ones (Power Walk and Get Strong). I really like her new Get Strong release because it's different from her usual strength work. The Strictly Strength workout from that DVD is all weights, which is what I've been looking for, but it really depends on what your goals are.
How does it compare to Cathe's strength workouts?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 02:59 PM  
Tugger31

I have only done the strength only workout on the new strength dvd, have not done the workout that is mixed with cardio bursts yet. This strength workout is all standing so there is no chest presses or pushups or lying abs. She incorporates chest and abs into standing work. I think it is a very good solid intermediate weight training workout. It's on par maybe with Cathe's PushPull/Supersets in intensity minus all the equipment changes, you only need dumbbells and obviously came make it harder with heavier weights. I usually use Cathe and did this workout after having only worked out twice in one month due to having a sinus infection and the holiday craziness. I didn't use anything heavier than 10 lbs and I was sore for two days! I'm going to be trying the other strength one on this dvd soon. This one will have a good place in my collection b/c it's thorough, all standing, minimal equipment and a good total body workout. Forget to mention that her reps are slow and controlled, you don't feel rushed at all. I didn't count all reps on every exercise but she never did more than 16 reps in any one set.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 07:48 PM  
Sara1000

Thanks!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith 21 day, jessica smith 30 day, jessica smith favorites, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith step, walk strong 3