Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-16, 10:34 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I love barre that uses weights. I'm not familiar with Pure Barre. Do all their dvds use weights? And are the weights heavier than 3 lbs?

These do sound really good!
I never use more than 3 lb. The only barre workouts I know of that use heavier weights are HSM and P57.

Sweet - my set is out for delivery!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-16, 12:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but I will chime in with my opinion I love Pure Barre, but in my opinion - the Results Series or Studio Series are much better than their beginning offerings. I took live classes for a while and the Studio Series and the newest offerings are head and shoulders above the others. I personally would start with the order below:

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...d-package.html
These are my favorite out of all of their offerings.

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...s-package.html

My only gripe with this set is the 10 min segment workout does not flow for an hour workout if you want to

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...s-package.html
I've only done one of these so far, but I enjoyed it.

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...s-dvd-set.html

I have many of their earlier offerings, but I really don't reach for them at all. These newer releases are so much more like their live offerings and in my opinion, the production quality is fantastic!

hth
Thanks for the recommendations!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 09:49 AM  
Lilypad

Okay I purchased the 2 resistance dvd's and the pure results arms and seat dvd's. Can someone tell me how I would be able to rotate these during the week? Would I be able to do them consecutively? Or should I put a day in between them? Thanks
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 10:12 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
Okay I purchased the 2 resistance dvd's and the pure results arms and seat dvd's. Can someone tell me how I would be able to rotate these during the week? Would I be able to do them consecutively? Or should I put a day in between them? Thanks
I asked for a rotation on their instagram and they simply said any combination throughout the week is good. I would aim for 3-5 days/week and if you're tired on a consecutive day, then rest.

Enjoy! I love these workouts a lot!

Old 04-12-16, 11:11 AM  
Lilypad

Thank you so much!!!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-16, 10:57 AM  
momofcha

I just did the seat section of the workout #2 - holy moly was that intense! I loved how they used the band and man did I feel it!

I'm in the middle of a KBKB rotation this month, but I am going to try and add sections of these in here and there.

Old 04-14-16, 11:29 AM  
meg39

Although initially I wasn't interested, now that I've seen the clips a few times I am very tempted...

For those of you who have received and done or viewed them, do they offer anything different than other barre dvds? Is there sufficient stretching?

Thanks!
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-16, 01:04 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I'm wondering too...I feel like the bands wouldn't be enough resistance as I'm not a big fan of working with them in most workouts. Do you use dumbbells at all? Is the band incorporated in a useful way?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-16, 01:50 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I'm wondering too...I feel like the bands wouldn't be enough resistance as I'm not a big fan of working with them in most workouts. Do you use dumbbells at all? Is the band incorporated in a useful way?
If you're not a fan of band workouts then I would skip these. The whole emphasis of this series is the resistance band. As I mentioned above, I used the band for the seat section and it was so incredibly hard for me. It gives a different type of resistance, definitely not easier. But like I said, if you don't like band workouts then I would certainly skip these.

Old 04-14-16, 01:52 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
For those of you who have received and done or viewed them, do they offer anything different than other barre dvds? Is there sufficient stretching?

Thanks!
Are they new, different and earth shattering? no. Do they provide variety for someone who does a lot of barre workouts and tends to get bored with the "same ole, same ole" yes. They are set up as all of their previous offerings with the work, followed by a stretch. If it's sufficient only you can say for sure. They're fine for me, but if you tend to need additional stretching you can always add it if you need it.

Tags
pure barre, pure barre resistance