Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-16, 07:40 AM  
berry99

Shalisa owns the PB studio that I attend and she is so kind and inspiring and genuine. I really just love her. I will most likely get these DVDs for times when I'm traveling or can't make it to class.
Old 04-08-16, 08:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I just tried ordering and it's out of stock .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 11:45 AM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I just tried ordering and it's out of stock .
That's weird because I just ordered and it went through. Maybe the size of the shirt you were ordering is out of stock?
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-16, 02:25 PM  
Lilypad

I went over to there website and was very interested in ordering the arm, thigh, or seat dvd. In your opinion which one is best to get seat or thigh. I don't think I need both of them. Thanks!!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 01:39 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
I went over to there website and was very interested in ordering the arm, thigh, or seat dvd. In your opinion which one is best to get seat or thigh. I don't think I need both of them. Thanks!!
I would get the arm one.

I did the new resistance #1 today. I liked it a lot. The way they used the band was new to me. It was 50 min. I even liked the ab work & im not usually a fan of abs. I'm glad I have it.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 03:32 PM  
Lilypad

Omgosh!! I ordered the 2 resistance dvd's with the tube and socks and the arm and thigh one. I can't wait to get them. I've been previewing them all day with a glass of wine . I can't wait to start on Monday. I know I won't have the DVDs by then but I'll stream them until they get here. That coupled with yoga and I'm so happy!!!
Thanks for this thread
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-16, 07:46 AM  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry99 View Post
Shalisa owns the PB studio that I attend and she is so kind and inspiring and genuine. I really just love her. I will most likely get these DVDs for times when I'm traveling or can't make it to class.
I live about an hour away from Boulder and I've been to the PB studio there a couple of times just to purchase DVDs and equipment. I met Shalisa one time and she was super sweet and even cuter in person!

I own every single PB DVD (except for the prenatal ones) and it looks like these are going to be in my collection as well.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-16, 12:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I live about an hour away from Boulder and I've been to the PB studio there a couple of times just to purchase DVDs and equipment. I met Shalisa one time and she was super sweet and even cuter in person!

I own every single PB DVD (except for the prenatal ones) and it looks like these are going to be in my collection as well.
Becky,

Which PB DVD would be the best to start with? I love barre, have never had the opportunity to go to a real class (no studios in my city). I've done Barre3, Suzanne Bowen and Bar Method DVDs and streaming, primarily.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-16, 09:41 AM  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Becky,

Which PB DVD would be the best to start with? I love barre, have never had the opportunity to go to a real class (no studios in my city). I've done Barre3, Suzanne Bowen and Bar Method DVDs and streaming, primarily.

Carol
Gosh, that's a tough one. If you are able to get your hands on the original PB which is unfortunately out of print, I would think that would be the best to start with. However, it is my least favorite of them all. (I know I'm in the minority here)

I really have no favorite as I love them all. I think the Pershing Squares might be the best to start with if you can't get the original, but I'm honestly not sure why I say that. The prop they use is a little inflatable ball which shouldn't be hard to find. As far as easy to find props go, the Studio Series 1 and 2 use a towel, and Studio Series 3 and 4 use a yoga block. I would highly suggest getting all of them. LOL!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-16, 10:29 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Gosh, that's a tough one. If you are able to get your hands on the original PB which is unfortunately out of print, I would think that would be the best to start with. However, it is my least favorite of them all. (I know I'm in the minority here)

I really have no favorite as I love them all. I think the Pershing Squares might be the best to start with if you can't get the original, but I'm honestly not sure why I say that. The prop they use is a little inflatable ball which shouldn't be hard to find. As far as easy to find props go, the Studio Series 1 and 2 use a towel, and Studio Series 3 and 4 use a yoga block. I would highly suggest getting all of them. LOL!
I know you didn't ask me, but I will chime in with my opinion I love Pure Barre, but in my opinion - the Results Series or Studio Series are much better than their beginning offerings. I took live classes for a while and the Studio Series and the newest offerings are head and shoulders above the others. I personally would start with the order below:

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...d-package.html
These are my favorite out of all of their offerings.

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...s-package.html

My only gripe with this set is the 10 min segment workout does not flow for an hour workout if you want to

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...s-package.html
I've only done one of these so far, but I enjoyed it.

http://www.purebarre.com/shop/dvds-e...s-dvd-set.html

I have many of their earlier offerings, but I really don't reach for them at all. These newer releases are so much more like their live offerings and in my opinion, the production quality is fantastic!

hth

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure barre, pure barre resistance