Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-15, 02:11 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

AF, I agree Patti Smith is an odd person. If she didn't leave her children out of M-Train on purpose, I really feel for them because Smith really comes off as over the top self-absorbed, but not maliciously. But still... I read about 1/4 and am back in line for the ebook. I do admit that sometimes her ramblings lose me, but she is interesting.

Bit of a reading binge lately and some listening too.

Finished- The Whore’s Child – Russo. I liked all of these short stories, but I kind of think you need to be middle aged or older to appreciate them.

X by Grafton. Meh, I didn’t like the W installment and maybe also the V installment. I think I need to skip these. I believe I read some of the early books years ago, but nothing in the middle.

Listened to Jinx by Meg Cabot- cute story geared towards teens. Again, the boy fixes everything. Sheesh.

Listened to Brain on Fire- Susannah Cahalan- very interesting and decently written. The author has a mental breakdown, but it is physical. I won’t do spoilers, but it is a very interesting book.

Listening to As You Wish, a memoir of making the Princess Bride. So far a love fest with many likeable people (and I don’t think I’ve ever sat through the whole movie.) I have a lot of driving this week, so I should finish this this week.

Listened to The Alchemy of Meggy Swann- a children’s historical book by the excellent author Karen Cushman- this was one of the less interesting books she’s written. Just not much of a story to it.

I checked out too many books at one time and am going to have to request a few again.

Golden Age by Jane Smiley at the top of the list. M-Train- got this on audio, but Smith may be much too abstract for listening.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 09:36 AM  
difit

Fall reading has move to a new winter reading thread.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...56#post2585856
difit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, reading