Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-15, 07:29 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oh, for some reason half the posts on this thread didn't load for me until now so I'd missed reading the reviews so far. I'll stand by my questions on the music and instructor's voice/pace, though, if anyone wants to answer...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-15, 02:33 AM  
starbelly

I got the streaming of the seat video and previewed it yesterday. The workout itself looks good-- far more challenging and interesting than other Pure Barre offerings (I have the first two of the studio series and was very disappointed). The set is bright and airy and there is no barre so they lean right on the window frame (no pulling on the barre). There is a modifier on screen most of the time.

There are some things that I could see getting irritating on repeated use. She talks non-stop. They are all form cues not "you'll look great in those shorts", but there is no quiet at all. She doesn't shout, but sometimes I just like to be in the exercise without lots of chatter. The music is kind of blah and very repetitive. The instructor also does not mirror cue which frustrates me when doing a video where form is so important. There is a lot of tucked pelvis work. I prefer a neutral spine and would look to modify that where possible.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 05:01 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks, starbelly!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 07:32 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So much for the USPS 2-day priority mail. One and only scan for my shipment was in Denver on the 21st. As of this morning, still no movement. I haven't been very lucky ordering from PB. Oh, and I never received a reply from their CS.
Old 08-25-15, 05:48 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I hope everyone is enjoying their workouts. My order which supposedly shipped on the 19th even though tracking shows the 21st, is still meandering all over Colorado. I'm getting really irritated since I paid for Priority 2-day shipping. Out of 3 orders I placed with BP, two have now turned out to be problems. Right now no telling when I'll see my set. I'm giving PB until the end of the week, then I'm cancelling the order.
Old 08-25-15, 06:59 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I hope everyone is enjoying their workouts. My order which supposedly shipped on the 19th even though tracking shows the 21st, is still meandering all over Colorado. I'm getting really irritated since I paid for Priority 2-day shipping. Out of 3 orders I placed with BP, two have now turned out to be problems. Right now no telling when I'll see my set. I'm giving PB until the end of the week, then I'm cancelling the order.
I'm sorry you're having such problems! Priority was only $.10 more so I went with it as well. I got mine here in IL on Saturday so I can't imagine where yours are. At least now you have streaming so you're not waiting without anything to tide you over, you can still get started on the workouts.

Have you tried calling them or sending them message via Facebook?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 07:16 PM  
CarlaVeg

what does the streaming mean? their live classes for a full year? or the streaming of the dvds workouts that you are buying?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 07:21 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I'm sorry you're having such problems! Priority was only $.10 more so I went with it as well. I got mine here in IL on Saturday so I can't imagine where yours are. At least now you have streaming so you're not waiting without anything to tide you over, you can still get started on the workouts.

Have you tried calling them or sending them message via Facebook?
Unfortunately, my streaming doesn't work well since my Xfinity modem "upgrade"couple of months ago. Both workouts completely shut down several times during play and I have to re-start them. I have Comcast here, and they are terrible in my area ( the only choice here!) so I'm kind of left without any other choice. I contacted Comcast several times about it, but nothing was resolved and they just plain wore me out.

I just send PB another email (I'm not on FB) but I'm really irritated by now.
Old 08-25-15, 07:23 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
what does the streaming mean? their live classes for a full year? or the streaming of the dvds workouts that you are buying?
It's just streaming of the workouts you bought

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure barre, pure barre pure results