Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-09-14, 11:01 AM  
js70

Suzanne bowen streaming workout problem?

I just subscribe to Suzanne's streaming workout. For some reason, the streaming kept pausing every 5-10 seconds, so my 25 minutes workout became a 40ish minute workout. Does anyone have any issue with her streaming workout. At first, I thought it's my internet connection, so I tried Jessica Smith's and Cassey HO's youtube and they are both fine. No problem at all.

So now, I'm not sure if I want to subscribe it anymore. The cardio interval became a stop/go interval instead
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 11:55 AM  
LaCatrina

Every streaming service can experience hiccups from time to time

What I usually do when I stream is that I open the workout, pause it, and then go do other things I need to do before starting. By doing so the video downloads to your computer for a while and you have some "buffer" by the time you start your workout

Hope it helps
Old 11-09-14, 12:18 PM  
js70

Thank you for the suggestion! I did try that too. It worked for about 10 minutes without any interruption, then it started to do the same thing over again
Old 11-09-14, 01:23 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by js70 View Post
Thank you for the suggestion! I did try that too. It worked for about 10 minutes without any interruption, then it started to do the same thing over again
Sorry to hear Nothing irks me more than something getting like that happening while I want to do a particular workout.

I guess you should contact Suzanne directly and try to get an answer. I do love digital media VS DVDs. I do mostly downloads rather than streaming though.
Old 11-09-14, 03:15 PM  
starbelly

I have never had that problem with Suzanne's website, but Gaiam TV has been giving me fits lately (not my internet connection either-- according to their tests my connection is 10x faster than required). What sometimes helps is using a different browser. I typically use Firefox, but have more luck with streaming via Chrome. Her customer service is very responsive so it might be a good idea to check with them. I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems; I love working out with Suzanne!
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 03:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I've never had problems with Suzanne's site, although I have had fits from time to time with Barre3's streaming service.

I did look on the Be Your Best You group Facebook page just now and didn't see anything about folks having trouble with Suzanne's streaming right now, so I'm guessing it's on your end somewhere. I hate technology when it doesn't work right.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 03:43 PM  
js70

Thank you everyone! I think it's a good idea about trying Firefox. I'm right now using Safari. Hopefully, it will be better for me tomorrow
Old 11-09-14, 06:34 PM  
lorijo17

I was having all kind of problems. I ran my anti-virus, my anti-malware software, and my cccleaner. Now my computer streams no problem. I went from every workout freezing to no problems at all. I use Malwarebytes, and I was amazed at how much it cleaned off of my computer. I stream on Chrome. Good Luck!
lorijo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 06:42 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

No problems streaming SBF for me at all! I use IE.
Old 11-09-14, 06:50 PM  
IceQueen07

When I first started I had some problems, but I updated my flash player and that seemed to have fixed any issues I was having.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaiam tv, suzanne bowen