Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-14, 09:00 AM  
Darisa

Definitely a sign. I also signed up for the free barre3, 2 week trial because all of a sudden I'm obsessed with barre3. I hated the 28 day set and now I love it *shrug*. I've been doing their YouTube stuff, the DVDs and the streaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Yes, it is a great bargain and I was debating with myself whether to buy 6 months or year membership, but ultimately I have decided to first try the 6 months to make sure I use it enough.

A sign that I should definitely start the challenge on the 20th...I just checked and delivery date for my laptop has been moved UP to 10/20!
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 10:37 AM  
jenn38

I signed up also using the fitforfall code. After the first month I will probably sign up for a longer period. I like that her workouts are short enough to add on to KCM's or Cathes or anything else I want to do. Or I can do a longer workout of just her if I choose to.

Suzanne has a great demeanor and is very encouraging. The only tiny peeve I had was she's a talker so I just jogged in place while she set up the next move. Definetly not a deal breaker though.
Old 10-14-14, 12:49 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post

Suzanne has a great demeanor and is very encouraging. The only tiny peeve I had was she's a talker so I just jogged in place while she set up the next move. Definetly not a deal breaker though.
She is but it doesn't bother me because barre is ALL about form. Since she can't correct us in a live class, she has to talk more to set the exercises up. I like to shake out my legs during that time, and sometimes March lightly in place, as that helps shake my legs out too.
Old 10-14-14, 04:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
I signed up also using the fitforfall code. After the first month I will probably sign up for a longer period. I like that her workouts are short enough to add on to KCM's or Cathes or anything else I want to do. Or I can do a longer workout of just her if I choose to.

I've noticed some of the videos have more setup time in them than others do. Maybe you just got one of the longer ones. I don't find her set up as slow as some of The Bar Method videos I've done.
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 05:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I received an email announcing new challenge, and it also says that calendar of workouts will be posted on FB. What if I'm not on FB? Does she also post a full calendar in members section on her site?
Old 10-14-14, 06:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I received an email announcing new challenge, and it also says that calendar of workouts will be posted on FB. What if I'm not on FB? Does she also post a full calendar in members section on her site?
Usually they will email the calendar to you as well. If you don't get it, PM me and I will send it to you.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 06:10 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Usually they will email the calendar to you as well. If you don't get it, PM me and I will send it to you.

Carol
Thank you!
Old 10-14-14, 06:50 PM  
hotncmom

I actually just cancelled my membership recently. I love Suzanne but there wasn't enough variety for me - all the workouts kind of felt the same. I have all of her BarreAmped DVD's (including TTT, Gorgeous Core and the older Pilates one) and will be buying her new Cardio DVD, so I think rotating those in with other things I like (floorwork and yoga) is good for me right now. I just wasn't using the subscription much.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

I'm getting excited for the challenge, I think if I find it repetitive I'll just sub in something else - maybe Barre3 or Ellen to keep it fresh.

Although I have been working out regularly I am not 'loving it' right now, so I'm hoping an organized challenge will get me more enthused. I'm guessing to get the most out of it I should join FB and follow her? I have avoided FB like the plague, but I'm thinking of signing up w/ a fake name just to follow the challenges.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 11:27 AM  
suzannaerin

You have to FB to access this challenge? I refuse to FB but I want to participate, if possible.

I signed up for a year membership w/SBF a few weeks ago. Did a month of SBF for free. In the six weeks that I've been supplementing my workouts with an SBF session and limiting my intense cardio sessions to 2x a week, I've seen amazing changes in my body and feel so much better. My legs are looking fierce---leaned out an strong---and my core is getting very strong. I attribute this primarily to my SBF sessions.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sbf challenge, suzanne bowen, suzanne bowen challenge