Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-13, 04:13 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
To start the free trial you have to select the monthly option snd click on the box thst asks for a discount code. You don't have to provide credit card information at sign up to get the 2 week trial.
Thanks! I just signed up!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 06:31 PM  
kariev34

How does she differ from Leah?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 06:45 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
How does she differ from Leah?
Leah's exercises seems to have more of a yoga influence, IMO. It's not yoga, but she does down dog to plank, shoulder push ups in down dog, one-legged dog, etc.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 08:10 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

[QUOTE=kariev34;2325588]How does she differ from Leah?[/QUOTE

I did Ballet Body for a few years and got great results with Leah. Suzanne and her workouts are quite different (I really like both instructors and approaches). Leah's downloads are all voiceovers and all business. Suzanne does a lot of talking (at first I worried it would get on my nerves but so far it doesn't) and it's not voiceover. She's also doing the workouts and admits when she's struggling to complete reps-I really like this about her. A lot of Suzanne's workouts are 30 minutes long whereas Leah's segments tend to be shorter if I recall. Suzanne includes a warm up, cool down and stretch in her 30 minute segments (if I'm doing two 30 min segments in one workout then sometimes I'll skip the stretch at the end of the first segment). Suzanne offers a lot of encouragement and lifestyle tips during the workouts. Suzanne's workouts are easier to me than Leah's however in the 14 days I've been doing her Lean in 7 plan I've noticed positive changes and my arms and legs feel worked out all day long. So far, Suzanne's upper body workouts seem to have less planks than Leah's upper body workouts.

To me, Leah's workouts are more hard core (especially when doing split workouts) but I'm getting great results with Suzanne and have no dread at all.
Old 12-01-13, 08:35 AM  
kariev34

Thanks for the replies.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-13, 01:31 PM  
ruthular

Free trial still working. Just signed up. I'm getting sick of barre3 (been doing exclusively for over a year) and this looks like just the ticket!
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-13, 01:42 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I missed out on the free 2 week trial but I found a code that gives you the first month for $4.99 and $9.99 per month thereafter. Of course you can cancel at anytime. The code: FITIN40
Old 12-02-13, 02:37 PM  
ruthular

Thanks! These are good. She's a sweetheart.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 08:31 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I finally got around to trying these tonight. I did Total Body Barre 4 and Pretzel. I liked them. Not super high on the fun factor, but good cueing and I got a good burn.

I also printed out the food plan PDF. Looks like some good recipes. All quite a steal at only $10/month if you subscribe. I like how she has plans laid out, so it's easy and you don't have to overthink it, as I am inclined to do.

I'm looking forward to trying more. Thanks for posting!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 11:34 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I finally got around to trying these tonight. I did Total Body Barre 4 and Pretzel. I liked them. Not super high on the fun factor, but good cueing and I got a good burn.

I also printed out the food plan PDF. Looks like some good recipes. All quite a steal at only $10/month if you subscribe. I like how she has plans laid out, so it's easy and you don't have to overthink it, as I am inclined to do.

I'm looking forward to trying more. Thanks for posting!
I hope you like it! I have been really enjoying the Lean in 7 program. I'm just wondering where you found the food plan PDF. I haven't found it!

Tags
suzanne bowen