Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-13, 11:14 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620lin View Post
Yes floorwork is included. Of course all of the mat work is on the floor but she will also come to the floor within a barre or interval video as well.

There was a free month promo floating around in April/May. You might try to contact customer service and ask if they are still offering this promo.
I mean, lower body floorwork - side leg lifts, clams, etc. Like High & Tight. Is that what you mean?

I did the free month promo, signed up, but didn't do a single workout. I was subscribing to ART Method at the time so SBF didn't get much attention, as much as I wanted to I couldn't seem to fit it in. So I missed out on an opportunity

Wow, her site looks awesome. I also saw a blog post where they purchased a warehouse space and fixed it up for the filming, and the online workouts seem to have overhead lighting and camera crews and everything - not like Leah Sarago or Jessica Smith with one camera on a tripod. Not that I have a problem with that, it's just that I'm amazed at how much money Suzanne has sunk into the online studio. What's more impressive is that she films specifically for the subscribers. Other instructors film live classes (which costs them next to nothing) and put those up for subscription or download.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 11:29 AM  
alisoncooks

Sorry to go OT...

I think the new warehouse/studio space (mentioned in above post) is on both the Burstfit dvds (she did the bonus lower body add-on for that set)... as well as her most recent prenatal dvd. I was wondering if they were filmed at the same time b/c she wears the same black tank + pink capris/pants in both (Burstfit and prenatal dvd).

I just had a look at her site/blog and she mentions that episode of the Duggars recently in which she had a cameo appearance.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 11:43 AM  
hotncmom

I was considering getting the Slim and Toned Prenatal but I think I'll use Gorgeous Core and Pilates Perfect Body until I get the new DVD, and then when I get tired of those I'll subscribe to her site. Are there some tough workouts on the subscription that give a cardio effect or is it all toning?

Alison, I don't think that Prenatal DVD was filmed there. On her site you can see that there's no windows in her online studio filming space. There is a back door that rolls up and down that they have put plywood over and the SBF logo. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuLG7RD1lQU
Old 07-01-13, 11:54 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Alison, I don't think that Prenatal DVD was filmed there. On her site you can see that there's no windows in her online studio filming space. There is a back door that rolls up and down that they have put plywood over and the SBF logo. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuLG7RD1lQU
Hm. Well Burstfit and the Slim & Tone prenatal dvd have the same setting, but you're right -- they're different than that streaming one you linked.
Old 07-01-13, 12:14 PM  
hotncmom

Here's her new studio space, before and afters. It must be nice to have a husband who's a General Contractor!

http://suzannebowenfitness.com/fitness/new-sbf-studio/
Old 07-01-13, 12:27 PM  
sunday

I belong to her site and really like it. She has just redone it and now offers three programs - based on four, six or seven days a week - and has the workouts laid out for you. Or, you can still just do the workouts freestyle. For $9.99 a month I think it's great. I really enjoy her banter; she's very genuine and down to earth.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 12:37 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Here's her new studio space, before and afters. It must be nice to have a husband who's a General Contractor!

http://suzannebowenfitness.com/fitness/new-sbf-studio/
Thanks for the link!
Wow, I didn't realize that she was a homeschooling mom! (She mentions it in that post.)
Old 07-01-13, 12:55 PM  
620lin

These is some floor work that you mention. She has done side leg lift variation, inner thigh and pretzel variations while on hands and knees. I don't recall clam work though.
620lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 05:40 PM  
JeepGirl

Sunday thanks for the info--I am so tempted to join. I think I'll work with the DVD's for the summer and join in the fall. I don't think TTT is BarreAmped; I was wondering if it was similar to her prenatal DVD (not the Ruah) as the set up sounds the same. As for Barre Amped, I love the workouts but the barre was junky. Right now I'm using it to block off the space between my couch and wall, to keep my German Shepherd from going back there and terrorizing my cats. Works perfect for that.
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 05:59 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Thanks for the link!
Wow, I didn't realize that she was a homeschooling mom! (She mentions it in that post.)
Did you see her wardrobe? Where is the drooling emoticon? Look at all those workout clothes!

Tags
burstfit, suzanne bowen