Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-13, 01:51 AM  
starbelly

SB made a 10MS for the UK audience called Blast off Body Fat (http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Minute-So...=suzanne+bowen) and it's under 5GBP. I'm pretty sure that you can have it shipped to the US (it isn't sold there, I believe) and it's a great workout. I did the whole thing last week and it was much tougher than I had anticipated. I recommend it.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 07:12 AM  
JeepGirl

I bought it recently--just need to sit down & figure how to play it!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 07:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I have her Gorgeous Core DVD though admittedly I have only done the plank section and the bootcamp section. I'm scared to do the other stuff! I also have her 10MS Pilates (without the band) and found it a bit easy.
I agree that her 10 MS Pilates with the band is on the easier side. I love her 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body DVD though. The glute section is awesome on that DVD, as is the whole DVD really. I've been interested in Gorgeous Core for awhile too.

This new one does look great. I'm hoping Mary carries it.

ETA - Ooops, I see you were talking about the DVD without the band. nvm then
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 07:53 AM  
gigithesheltie

Count me in as one who is excited about this one as well. I really like Suzanne's style. I did want to say that I did order the HSN BarreAmped set. I think it was pulled from HSN and Body by Jake for the quality of the barre. So, I'm not sure if it will come back. It was made from plastic parts instead of metal parts as shown. It was VERY unstable. Suzanne seemed upset by this on Facebook, and I think pretty much everyone either shipped it back or received a refund. I received a refund from HSN, but so far they haven't asked me to send it back, so maybe I will get to enjoy the DVDs after all. I just previewed a couple, and they looked good - just WAY too many DVDs for such short workouts. I just feel kind of weird after receiving a full refund, keeping the DVDs, but I really want to try them.
gigithesheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 08:37 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I agree that her 10 MS Pilates with the band is on the easier side. I love her 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body DVD though. The glute section is awesome on that DVD, as is the whole DVD really. I've been interested in Gorgeous Core for awhile too.

This new one does look great. I'm hoping Mary carries it.

ETA - Ooops, I see you were talking about the DVD without the band. nvm then
No worries. I was thinking about getting the one with the band too. Now I'll take a second look...after all, Mary does have a 4th of July sale coming up!

And maybe my recall is incorrect and the Pilates Perfect Body is harder than I remember. I'll give it another whirl this week. Like most of us, I have so many DVD's it's hard to remember specifics.

I've been doing a TIU rotation for the last couple of weeks (with a little bit of yoga thrown in), but this new Suzanne Bowen DVD, and all the talk about BBPS, makes me want to go back to that style soon! I am finding most of TIU easier than I thought it would be. I have both DVD sets and I'm trying to work my way through all of the workouts on each before I make a final judgement on that though.

I wish she would just release the Barre Amped DVDs's alone to regular outlets like Mary and Amazon. I think it was a mistake to try to sell a rinky dink little barre along with it, when there are tons of mainstream barre workouts out there that use a chair. If she would have the material on one DVD with menus, and sell through Mary or Amazon, she would have a huge response here. A lot of us looked forward to Barre Amped for over a year. She may have even lost money having to refund so many people for a shoddy barre. Just sell the DVD woman! Or even offer the material as downloads on your website!

I don't think it will be long before I try her subscription service again (and actually do the workouts this time), and get this DVD.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 08:45 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I would be all over Barre Amped if it came without the apparently crappy barre. She definitely should re-think that whole venture.

It's funny you mention about TIU being on the easier side. I only tried one workout but it left me wanting more. I should try the whole set but I'm not even interested anymore. I was so looking forward to them too.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 09:14 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I would be all over Barre Amped if it came without the apparently crappy barre. She definitely should re-think that whole venture.

It's funny you mention about TIU being on the easier side. I only tried one workout but it left me wanting more. I should try the whole set but I'm not even interested anymore. I was so looking forward to them too.
I know! It's like she sold them on HSN for a couple of days and then poof! they were never heard from again. I got the feeling that filming them was a huge project for her so why just go to HSN?

Hmm, maybe Tighten, Tone and Torch is the same footage from Barre Amped, repackaged? Can someone with Barre Amped describe the workouts and see if they match up to the description of the new DVD? But you know, Barre Amped is her branding so IDK why she would've not labeled it as such, unless she just figured that the market is flooded with barre right now?

And TIU, I have done all of the full body workouts, but not all of the parts workouts (only Summer Arms). I really do like the full body ones but they may be relegated to a light day or a cardio day. Today I'm combining Butt, Arms and Abs (and maybe stretch) from the first set to see what kind of workout I get. I like to do lower body until it burns and in the full body workouts there's not enough to get me there.
Old 07-01-13, 10:18 AM  
620lin

JeepGirl, I have been using Suzanne's streaming workouts for 3 full months now and I do enjoy them. It is nice to string a few together to make a full hour workout or you can add a segment to whatever else you might have planned for the day. There is a selection of barre, mat, cario/interval and body targets. She does have a few longer segments (45-50min) and those are solid barre. A few of the videos are more or less challenging than the others but I do get a consistent calorie burn per my HRM and I can feel it later in the day.

Suzanne gives a lot of attention to form. She gives great pointers throughout all of her workouts that could easily transfer to any other barre or pilates DVD thay you have.

Within just the past few days I have added TA to my rotation. I am experiencing wonderful soreness in my saddlebags and bootty...just where I want to feel it. But at the same time I feel like I am cheating on Suzanne! Suzanne makes me feel as though we are working out in the same room.
620lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 10:28 AM  
hotncmom

Does Suzanne include any floorwork in her online workouts? That's what I missed the most with Leah Sarago.
Old 07-01-13, 10:54 AM  
620lin

Yes floorwork is included. Of course all of the mat work is on the floor but she will also come to the floor within a barre or interval video as well.

There was a free month promo floating around in April/May. You might try to contact customer service and ask if they are still offering this promo.
620lin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burstfit, suzanne bowen