Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-12, 07:25 AM  
Sharaz

Animal Conditioning - Greg Mihovich

This is what I asked for B-Day present I have become more interested in bodyweight training, but the ones geared towards dynamic strength, athleticism, balance, agility, gymnastics, flexibility,etc. I'm incorporating this type of workout weekly. Is more about performance and functional fitness. My partner is interested in this too. My approach to fitness is to have strength, cardiovascular, balance, agility, flexibility. I want everything and not focus on one fitness component. My body is reacting in a good way, which is a plus.

There are not so many VFers interested in this type of workouts, but I decided not to be selfish and share about this pre-order promo which expires today at noon (12 PM) Maybe some Vfers and non members that visit this forum and don't post take advantage of the promo and benefit from this program.

http://undergroundgym.com/products/a...oning_dvd.html
Old 04-27-12, 07:28 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ha. I opened this thread because I thought it might help my cats. . Hey, with so many OT animal threads and such an odd DVD title, who knew?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 08:40 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Ha. I opened this thread because I thought it might help my cats. . Hey, with so many OT animal threads and such an odd DVD title, who knew?
You funny Joni While searching to bodyweigh & calisthenics I came up with many "animal" workouts titles. That was a mistake, now I have so many DVD's on my wish list
Old 04-27-12, 12:17 PM  
m42

Thanks! This is right up my alley.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 02:13 PM  
Arizonamom

When I research fitness on the internet, I always end up watching body weight or suspension training videos. I love follow along workout dvds and don't find many. So I stick with Cathe for most of my workouts. I really do appreciate any reviews or notices you have for dvds. You just can't find these at collage. I can't begin to tell you how these exercises have helped me be more confident. We are building a gym right now and today we are making a fast rope.

http://www.itstactical.com/skillcom/...-for-climbing/

I know you said you have too many dvds on your wishlist, here is another one.

http://ultimatebodyweightdvd.com/

Thanks
Arizonamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 02:35 PM  
Sharaz

Thank you Arizona mom for the tactical rope linkYou read my mind, because I found a follow on workout that use this tool and was looking at my ceiling to find where to put one lol I will provide the link later on, don't remember clearly where it was.

You know, the Sincere Hogan worrkout was the 1st Animal workout that I discovered. I read an interview at My Mad Methods about him. Ironically, I haven't purchased that one yet, but still is on my wish list. I discovered his page. He put some nice workouts too. Greg workouts are going to give me new bodyweight exercises options to add to my routine. I'm enjoying Animal Flow too.
Old 04-27-12, 02:44 PM  
Sharaz

Arizonamom - I found something this week that you will love for your gym. I'm taking some ideas for my own space. I'll let you know later the web page
Old 04-27-12, 03:25 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Sharazpr and Arazonamom,

You've got me interested in these types of workouts. With mother's day coming, maybe one of these will be my request. I've watched the clips for these, but I would still like more of a description of what they are about. I love Insanity and Asylum. I love bodyweight exercises and I am bored, bored bored of using weights. I love using the TRX. I am not into kickboxing or any kind of fighting based exercising. I want to get my butt kicked when doing a workout. Are these for me? Do you get a cardio benefit from them or are the mostly for strength training ????

If you think I will like them, which should I try first ?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 07:32 PM  
Sharaz

Sancho- you will get your butt kicked. I was not felt so challenged in a long time I'm too bored a little and decided to switch things a little bit. I love Insanity and I'm interested in adding suspension training in a future. The workouts will give you both strength and cardio. I will classified on my book as strengh/cardio bodyweigh circuit. Your HR will go up because you suppose to be moving fast. Like Insanity, but with more focus on gymnastics, balance, agility.

If I was to choose one, I will take Greg Animal Conditioning. It comes with a training manual. My impression is that is set as progression. I don't believe Greg will put this and expect everybody to get it from the get go. This is total body conditioning. As you see the moves are divided in lower, upper and core focus. Mine will be delivered tomorrow, so I don't expect this until next week to be able to provide more feedback. The promo expired today though.

I also will like to add that as Mike from Animal Flow recommends the workouts need to be taken as practice to master the moves. The ones that choose this workouts must be patience and disciplined to learn and improve. Required a lot of concentration on form and pace.

I got Animal Flow a while ago and this one was released just three days ago. The Animal Flow is very challenging. It raised my HR. I took two days off after my 1st practice. I felt the kick on my all body from head to toe. I had never being on fours (foot/hands only) traveling distances front/back/side for that long. With AF I practice the moves I chose for 30 min and then create a continuous flow for 30 mins. I'm still practicing the basic flows sequences.

I'm on recovery week and on this new cycle I will incorporate this type of workout two times a week
Old 04-27-12, 08:38 PM  
Sharaz

Arizonamom - This workouts give me a lot of confident too. I'm compelling a list of some links that I have found. I'll look if there are some follow on workouts. I'll love to see more follow on workout of this type. I'll tell him to work on the rope project later on

My dream gym..I found this while looking for some equipment for work I want it at home lol for now I'm taking some ideas Some have floor rope attachment too. If someone know on which state this is available, let me know so I write it down for future reference.

http://www.movestrongfit.com/

Tags
animal, bodyweight, greg mihovich, gymnastics, sprawl