Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-11, 11:16 AM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Has anobody outside the US subscribed? I tried to sign up and I kept getting a message that I needed a US zip code.
hoo boy. really?
I'll message that to Suzanne so she can know.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 11:39 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Thanks, Daisy! There is no contact info on her website so I was not able to reach them.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 11:45 AM  
katlam

The ability to buy individual episodes makes these appealing, but if they aren't compatible with my ipod touch then I'm not interested.
katlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 12:31 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlam View Post
The ability to buy individual episodes makes these appealing, but if they aren't compatible with my ipod touch then I'm not interested.
You can easily convert the video to one a format that's compatible with your player. There's lots of free video converters you can download. If I'm looking for free software, I go to download.com (CNET) because the software they have listed are tested for viruses and adware. I use to use Videora when I had to convert to Ipod format. But there are many more out there. (I now use a purchased software because I want more video options).

It's difficult for these instructors to use a video format that will satisfy all. It's too bad there's no universal format.
Old 03-27-11, 12:47 PM  
hotncmom

If someone has purchased the new Arms segment, I'd love to hear a description of the type of exercises in it.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 12:51 PM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Thanks, Daisy! There is no contact info on her website so I was not able to reach them.
i just whined on her FB page LOL

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

Old 03-27-11, 03:13 PM  
katlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
You can easily convert the video to one a format that's compatible with your player. There's lots of free video converters you can download. If I'm looking for free software, I go to download.com (CNET) because the software they have listed are tested for viruses and adware. I use to use Videora when I had to convert to Ipod format. But there are many more out there. (I now use a purchased software because I want more video options).

It's difficult for these instructors to use a video format that will satisfy all. It's too bad there's no universal format.
Thanks for the info! I figured that there are programs available to change the format, but I'm too lazy to hunt for what I would need. And I'm sure the conversion process is simple, but it still sounds like an extra step that I'd rather not deal with. If these end up being awesome, then I'll probably suck it up, though. I hope someone will be the guinea pig and let us know how they are!
katlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 07:40 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Thanks to Daisy-the-Great-Enabler, the problem with the site was fixed and I was able to order (thanks, Daisy!)

There are already two segments on the site for subscribers. I will not be able to actually try them until tomorrow or Wednesday but I previewed them and thought I would share some information and observations for those interested.

Lean & Toned Arms (14:40 minutes)
The workout begins with a 1-minute warmup consisting of Lotte Berk-type knee lifts. You then move in to a 5-minute sequence working the shoulders and upper back, doing arm raises to the front, side, and back (in a back fly position). Suzanne uses a combination of large movements, small bend-and-extend, and isometric holds. The standing work concludes with triceps press. On the floor, you then do a series of small-range pushups and triceps dips. The workout concludes with a stretch (about 1:30 minutes).

Bikini Butt (16:15 minutes)
The workout begins with a 1-minute warmup consisting of Lotte Berk-type knee lifts. This is followed by a standing sequence that includes back lunge and deadlift variations, with some hip extension pulses. The segment is repeated on both sides for a total of 7 minutes; there seems to be some balance challenge involved. You then move to the floor to do a 5-minute sequence on all four: hip extensions with the knee bent using full range and pulses. The workout cocludes with a 2-minute stretch.

Overall, these segments seem interesting but there is no "wow" for me so far, nothing super unique or original. The production is the same as the free segment - same studio, same kind of bland music in the background (she does not seem to follow the music), same "echo-y" sound quality. Suzanne's form is impeccable and she gives great form pointers but I wonder if they will slow down the pace of the workout too much (hard to tell from previewing and I will have to actually do them to know). It is sometimes difficult to hear what she says because of the music and echo.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 10:30 AM  
saffron

Quote:
Overall, these segments seem interesting but there is no "wow" for me so far, nothing super unique or original.
This is how I felt about the sample.
I think it's because I've "been there, done that" with all of Leah's workouts. I also didn't like the echoing - again, I'm used to Leah's clear voice overs.
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 07:47 PM  
daisysunshine

(Fuzzie - you're welcome!)

Okay - so after a sad, sad day - i was able to work something out with Suzanne and Im a Gorgeous Core-er!

So here is my view on these (I've done all three).

First of all: this isn't Leah's stuff, so I'm not really going to compare. I don't think it's rather fair to Suzanne as Leah's been doing this for a year and worked out all the kinks, and I think Suzanne needs to have that same grace period.

These are interval-base training. So she'll tone you up and then she'll do something to really raise your heart rate up. And all three segments BURNED. BURNED. BURNED. The one I really felt it in was Bikini Butt. My thutt was on fire. Like - you know that whole "work it until it shakes" thing - well it shook and then wobbled because it was on fire.

Suzanne's magic number is 24. More often than not you are doing the exercise 24 times, until major wobble, bobble fatigue sets in.

Lean Arms: a lot of arm scissors, tricep presses, tricep dips and pushups. 24 times + 24 count holds. La-Burn.

Bikini Butt: there was some see saw, donkey kicks with toes pointed and flexed, lunges, knee lift squats and the like. BURN.

Killer Legs. lunges, and dead-lifts and other things. I can't remember because it burns.

Like i said my heart rate went up and down a bit.

The echoy here didn't bother me, nor did it make it hard (for me) to hear the instructions clearly. Suzanne talks to you as if were a live-skype class or something (she's adorable with some of the things she says). Not ALL of it is barre based, but there is some barre stuff. it's mostly "core" targeted, because in most of the work - i felt my core working a lot.

So this will be kind of tricky - if you are a barre lover - you COULD like this. if you want really quick stuff that BURNS (i'm telling ya.. burn bunnies). this is really good stuff. like I mentioned - I plan on making a Ballet Body/Gorgeous Core Combo when Suzanne really gets going

Tags
barreamped, download, downloadable workouts, downloads, membership plan, online subscriptions, pilates, suzanne bowen