Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-11, 09:59 AM  
daisysunshine

Lightbulb Suzanne Bowen's Weekly Downloads; BarreAmpled/Gorgeous Core Based

This went live last night. According to Suzanne it is based on elements on BarreAmped, Gorgeous Core, Pilates, yoga, and "the classics" will be combined with high intensity interval training and boot camp style moves to be the ultimate fat burning, ever changing fitness regime. You also get access to tips from Suzanne, and other "membership only stuff."

9.95 to join right now. : https://suzannebowenfitness.com/sbf/accounts/signup

(it already looks like the newest one is up right now -Lean & Toned Arms. it's 3.99 on its own which makes it look like...15.96 if you were to buy all for, so you save 6 dollars. Or Cheaper if you just pick/buy what you want).

Why am I depressed?
It requires a credit card to join. I don't have one.

I was really hoping this would have been like BalletBody and you could paypal subscribe. I want this so badly.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 10:32 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Have your asked her about taking Paypal?

I have a CC with my paypal account - the $ has to be in the paypal account to cover the charges; even though in the Paypal account, if there isn't enough $, it will pull from my checking account.

How come you want it so bad? Did you like the Free episode? I downloaded it but other than the camera, I thought Leah's stuff was far superior in every way plus Leah's lower body run over 18 minutes with many of them over 20 minutes and sometimes even more than that).
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 10:42 AM  
daisysunshine

Barb I did - she's looking it into it. I hope it works out in the affirmative.

I would like this really badly, because A: i really did like the free episode. Something that I'm considering is that Leah's stuff didn't always run 18-30 minutes long in the beginning, they used to be less than ten minutes. (The first episode that ran longer than that was Accent De Trois, about 20 episodes in, and then it went to about 15 minutes longer and now 20 minutes plus). This could happen with Suzanne.

B: she has a more cardio-effect/bootcamp style workout, so when I go back to doing Barre every day, this will fit in and work the muscles differently and have more of a cardio effect.

C: I really truly like Suzanne, and she and Leah work together a lot, and have the same styles, so I know that some stuff in this could be similar to Leah, as well as I believe there are some things in BB that are Suzanne inspired.

D :Again, it's more of the high intensity factor. Ballet Body is intense in a muscle, muscle burning way and the cardio stuff does get your heart right up there. I hav ethis feeling that this will be intense in a different way.

E: i'm a barre geek. What can I say?

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

Old 03-26-11, 11:41 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I hope she allows paypal for you then. If not, you can get a CC attached to your PP account and just make sure you have the $ in the paypal account b4 using it.

That is a great idea selling individual episodes - for $3.99
I will try another one that way.

It looks like she is branching into other areas that Leah hasn't too.

BTW - what did Leah say when you requested Cardio (not cardio arms)?
Have you done Cardio Arms 2? It's good - better than 1.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 11:43 AM  
acta5534

I tried to upload the Killer Legs workout onto my ipod nano and the file is not compatible. So just a warning to those who wants to view these workouts from their ipod.
acta5534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 12:00 PM  
daisysunshine

Barb - Leah hasn't gotten back to me yet. She did mention yesterday on FB that she'll email me today(ish) and let me know what's what (but re: the cardio before she asked what kind of cardio was I talking about - and I had mentioned just pure, unadulrated cardio. Not too dancey, I can't pick up cheography that well, but just something that can drive your heart rate up with not TOO much toning, like a 15 minute plyos and (cardio) mix rather than plyos and isos) and she said okie dokie.

I did do Cardio Arms 2. I like the concept, I did like one, I think I'd just have to do 2 again to really pick it up

Old 03-26-11, 12:04 PM  
orphylea

Quote:
Originally Posted by acta5534 View Post
I tried to upload the Killer Legs workout onto my ipod nano and the file is not compatible. So just a warning to those who wants to view these workouts from their ipod.
I had the same problem and wondered if I was doing something wrong- all of my BB workouts are fine on the itouch.

STS Grad
P90X Dropout
18 week CLX rotation finished
Currently loving Amy's Drop Sets and Cathe's STS TB
orphylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 12:16 PM  
daisysunshine

BB is in m4v format. (video)
Killer Legs are mp4 format and might not be compatible.

Old 03-26-11, 12:39 PM  
orphylea

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
BB is in m4v format. (video)
Killer Legs are mp4 format and might not be compatible.
Thanks Daisy. I didn't pay that much attention to the file type (obviously).

STS Grad
P90X Dropout
18 week CLX rotation finished
Currently loving Amy's Drop Sets and Cathe's STS TB
orphylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:53 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Has anobody outside the US subscribed? I tried to sign up and I kept getting a message that I needed a US zip code.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barreamped, download, downloadable workouts, downloads, membership plan, online subscriptions, pilates, suzanne bowen