Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-09, 07:22 PM  
missmomus

new Suzanne Bowen dvds

I recently picked up 10 Min. Solution Pilates Perfect Body and really like it, and Suzanne. I went to her old website which was on the back of the dvd and it brought me to the site for her new (?) company, http://www.ruahmovement.com , where there are 2 dvds listed with a release date of Feb. 6. One is a prenatal workout, the other is called Release with Leah Sarago and "integrates cardio, strength, and flexibility training through postural movement and flow." There's also a cover up for a dvd called Warrior due out in the summer. Unfortunately, no clips available yet.

Anyone have more info about these? And are Suzanne's other 10 Min Solution dvds worth getting? (I didn't realize until reading her bio that she was the lead in Hip Hugger Abs...that's the only Lotte Berk I don't have.)
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 08:00 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Oh, cool! I tried to order the Release DVD but there is no option to order from Canada so I contacted them to inquire about it
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 09:36 PM  
KathAL79

Missmomus, I liked Suzanne's earlier 10 Minute Solution, Slim & Sculpt Pilates (my review). It's more straight up Pilates, with moves from the reformer and other apparatus, and uses the resistance band. This doesn't seem to get as much love here as her Pilates Perfect Body, however.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 11:13 PM  
Gancho Girl

I was just wondering this morning if Suzanne had any plans to make a non-10MS workout!

Count me as one of the few that really enjoys Slim & Sculpt Pilates as well as Pilates Perfect Body. Maybe even more.

Off to check out the website....
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 02:02 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmomus
(I didn't realize until reading her bio that she was the lead in Hip Hugger Abs...that's the only Lotte Berk I don't have.)
you must get it if you are a SB fan! she's so sweet in it. i liked it so much that when the 10MS's came out, i was eager to try them.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 04:39 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmomus
I recently picked up 10 Min. Solution Pilates Perfect Body and really like it, and Suzanne. I went to her old website which was on the back of the dvd and it brought me to the site for her new (?) company, http://www.ruahmovement.com , where there are 2 dvds listed with a release date of Feb. 6. One is a prenatal workout, the other is called Release with Leah Sarago and "integrates cardio, strength, and flexibility training through postural movement and flow." There's also a cover up for a dvd called Warrior due out in the summer. Unfortunately, no clips available yet.

Anyone have more info about these? And are Suzanne's other 10 Min Solution dvds worth getting? (I didn't realize until reading her bio that she was the lead in Hip Hugger Abs...that's the only Lotte Berk I don't have.)
Thanks for sharing....Release sounds pretty good.

Denise
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 06:52 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Leah Sarago replied to my email request super quickly and added an option to ship to Canada... on a Sunday evening - what excellent customer service!

I ordered "Release"

For those interested, Leah told me the DVDs are also available on Amazon and on the website of the person who composed their music: http://www.rainingpresence.com/product_p/ruah001.htm
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 07:24 AM  
cherimac

I look forward to your review Fuzzie!
Old 03-30-09, 08:49 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac
I look forward to your review Fuzzie!
Ditto! I hope you get it soon. I need to do my last round of dvd buying before I leave for spain for 3+ months and am cut off from acquiring more dvds. Oh gosh, I need to make a list. This one sounds interesting, but the description is very brief / vague, and there are no clips. I wonder why instructors do that?
Old 03-31-09, 06:36 AM  
hourglass

Missmomus, thanks for bringing thses to my attention! Last night I ordered Release from Amazon. It was $15.99 + 2.98 s & h. I like both these ladies and their style...I was intrigued enough to take a chance.

Joan
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suzanne bowen