Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-07-06, 10:05 AM  
littlekitty

Hi Donna - another legal bod! I was a legal secretary for six years before starting as a paralegal - nothing like having your brain underappreciated to get you to class, I can tell you! And the schedule definitely makes me appreciate my workouts more.
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 07:47 AM  
blue_hydrangea

Hi littlekitty, welcome to VF!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 01:35 PM  
littlekitty

Thank you for the welcome!
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 04:51 PM  
joanalona

Hi ladies!

I go by joanalona, but you can call me by my real name - Joan.

I've posted several times, but never really introduced myself.

It's my one year anniversary of working out! I decided to return to aerobics class and achieve my long-ago dream of being an instructor. I now teach at a local gym - my permanent class is Aerobic Combo on Tuesdays. Aerobic Combo for my class is usually step and kickboxing, sometimes interval style. I always try to do 20 minutes of weights.

I also sub between 3 - 5 classes a week; anything from Step and Hi/Low to Abs and Sculpting. So you could definitely call me a cross-trainer!

I use videos in addition to the classes I take (and teach.) My heroes are Cathe and Christi, and I also love Janis, Chalene, and Ilaria from Powerstrike.
I love dancy step, not that I'm good at teaching it, but I'm trying!

My current workout schedule varies between step, kickboxing, weights, and spinning. As for favorite DVD's, right now I'm into Cathe's Cardio & Weights, Low Max, Muscle Max, KPC, and hope to learn Step Blast soon. I also like Turbo Jam, and any Christi that I can manage. (Right now, that limits me to Humble Beginnings!)

I used to join the Intermediates check-in, but it got away from me. I'm currently looking for lots of motivation from other die-hards (obsessives?) like myself. I'd also love to tone up my thighs! (An instructor who won't wear shorts? Ridiculous, I know...)

So hello to all you wonderful VFer's! I love knowing I'm not the only who worries about Cathe's injury and the paltry selection of good kickboxing w/o's.
Thanks for keeping such great company, and I hope you've enjoyed my (few) postings.

P.S. If anyone can recommend a Check-In with other die-hards (obsessives?), please post here or send me a PM.
joanalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 09:25 AM  
new2me

Hi Joan, just wanted to officially welcome you even though you've posted before and say glad you decided to introduce yourself!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 10:57 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Hi Joan! Happy 1-year anniversary on working out!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-06, 07:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Joan - "Officially", welcome to VF. Glad you introduced yourself. I'm not sure that I should recommend any check-ins based on your criteria (diehards, obsessives) because my check-in (Cardio Cross Trainers) is pretty laid back. But, the ones that sprang to mind were the Morning Madness Check-in and every month there is a new "Every Day In ______ (fill in the month)".

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-06, 08:58 PM  
joanalona

Hi Laura, I apologize if I said anything offensive. I've checked your group and they seem just fine to me. Really, no one needs to be totally obsessive to attract me - maybe just a little off the bend .

Seriously though, you all seem very nice, but still dedicated. My apologies again to you and anyone else I may have unknowlingly offended.

BTW, Laura, I've read a lot of your posts. I think we share some fave workouts!

The title "Morning Madness" sounds interesting. "Madness" can certainly apply to early morning exercisers (at least that's what DH says.)
joanalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-06, 05:03 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Joan - Absolutely no offense was taken. I had just traveled back from vacation yesterday and was really tired, so I probably came off more abruptly than I intended. What I meant to convey was you are certainly welcome in any check-in, but those were just the ones that sprang to mind based on your post.

Quote:
BTW, Laura, I've read a lot of your posts. I think we share some fave workouts!
So, you're into cardio? I do a lot of strength, but most of my postings about favorites include Kari, Christi, etc.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 12:21 AM  
Lady D

I just discovered this website about a week or two ago and love it!

I'm a mom and actress by day, word processor for a law firm at night. With husband and baby in tow, I don't have the time or money to go to a gym anymore, so I've been setting up my own home video gym.

My favorites instructors right now: Cathe Friedrich, Janis Saffell, Kathy Smith, Keli Roberts. I like step, kickboxing and dance.

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread