Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-05, 11:13 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanya
I received the cardio toolbox dvd today but it won't play on the dvd players...only on the XBox.
Is the Cardio ToolBox a DVD or DVD-R? Thanya, what color is the back of the DVD? Is it clear/silver or tinted a color?

I have never heard of Greg producing DVD-Rs...

It sounds like a defective DVD, I know when I reported a defective VHS to Mindy two months ago a new one arrived two days later. I hope you get a good copy right away Thanya.
Old 04-01-05, 05:24 AM  
Thanya
VF Supporter

bfj - Thank you very much for the email address.

Dawn - Thank you for the kind words. I don't think it's the DVD-R. The back of the DVD is clear/silver. I think I got a defective one. I've tried on couple dvd players and it won't play except only on an XBox.
Thanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 07:12 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Thank you for the review! I too ordered direct from Minday; I can't wait to receive it. (I'll probably get it the same day as the WHFN 12-pack and will spend an hour just deciding which one to do first...)
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 07:55 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Thanya - my DVD is the same way - it won't play in any of my DVD players except the one on my computer. I just wrote to Mindy and she is very good at responding so I'm sure we'll both have new DVD's soon! What I saw on the computer looks great - can't wait to try it.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 08:10 AM  
CarolineBP
VF Supporter

Same trouble here

I've tried Cardio Toolbox in 4 different DVD players, incuding my brand new Toshiba. It won't play in any of them. I've e-mailed Mindy as well. Being the amazing person that she is, I'm sure she'll rectify this quickly.

Last is just the slowest WINNER~Hunter Boyd

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Real inspiration comes not from outdoing others, but from outdoing ourselves.

The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.

I think that anyone who has ever attempted an endurance event understands that some of your slowest times represent the efforts of which you should be most proud.~Daphne Magnuson
CarolineBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 08:20 AM  
Thanya
VF Supporter

Karen and Caroline - I've tried on 3 dvd players (sony, toshiba and a cheap one) and they won't play I will have to try on the computer. I know Mindy has great customer service so I'm not worried.
Thanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 08:30 AM  
kristinr

Mindy

Hmmmm....I preorderd, too, but I still do not have them! Hopefully today. Kristin
kristinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 09:07 AM  
Caryn C
VF Supporter

Same problem

it won't play on any of my DVD players. Haven't tried the X-Box yet, but my boys won't let me near it anyway! I've also emailed Mindy and am waiting for a reply.

Caryn
Caryn C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 11:25 AM  
Caryn C
VF Supporter

I've already received a response from Mindy. Evidently there was a problem with the encoding on the DVD's -- they play on a few players and computers but not most. Once the problem is identified by the replicator and fixed, she will be sending out replacements to everyone.

Caryn
Caryn C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-05, 11:30 AM  
elisas
VF Supporter

I already got a reply too

...but I have to say, at risk of just adding sour grapes to the discussion: WHY NO QUALITY CONTROL?? It sounds like a quick look at a dozen or so copies of 2505 or Cardio Toolbox would have quickly shown that there was a problem. It's a little frustrating.

That said, Greg and Mindy are two of the most responsive and decent venders out there. So I will sign off now (patiently )

Elisa S.
elisas is offline   Reply With Quote