Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-05, 05:38 PM  
Liz N
VF Supporter

About Rebecca

Yes, she's an Aussie and I have been fortunate in being able to do several of her workshops over the years. I'm not sure what she is doing now, but she has a wonderful ability to make complex choreography seem really simple. I actually think she is better than Marcus.

I think you can get her workouts through Marcus (who I also like very much, I just find Rebecca easier to understand).

Any step fan would love her!

"I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul" Savage Garden

Looking for some fitness inspiration? Visit my blog - see profile
Liz N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 06:10 PM  
tara426

My Screw Up...

I Wanted To Correct Myself Earlier. I Said My Favorite Rebecca Small Tape Was Step Symmetry. I Actually Went Down In My Dungeon, And The Tape Is Called Symmetrical Step. Her Stuff Can Be Found On Marcusirwin.com And Newideafitness.com To Answer The Earlier Question. I Have Bought All 4 Of Mine At Newideafitness.com And Have Received Excellent Service. At First She Only Carried 2 Of The Tapes, And I Wrote To Her To See If She Would Carry The Other 2. She Said That She Was Planning On It, And She E-mailed Me When They Came In. Also, Both Times I Ordered My Tapes Came Within 2 Days. She Also Puts In A Pretty Hefty Coupon For Your Next Order In Your Package.
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 07:04 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Tanya, I love your avatar photo---I'd like to use it for my screensaver!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 07:15 PM  
Thanya
VF Supporter

Thank you Abbe!! Your avatar is VERY CUTE!

I have all 4 that are available through newideafitness.com and love them all. ..but if I have to pick #1 I will say S-Express..- faster pace (less breakdown but her cueing is so great that you will not have problems), a tad higher intensity and great music (pop but the songs are recycled through the workout).
Thanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 07:48 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I have only tried parts of her workouts, but I think she is great.

I have been a big Marcus fan, but I really think Rebecca is better. Her choreography is more interesting to me. I've tried almost every Marcus workout and after a while they all seem similar. Rebecca seems a little more innovative.

Hopefully in the future Marcus will see that she has a developing fan base and he will release her work on dvd. I am going to purchase one or two of her VHS workouts, I just haven't decided what yet.

Some of the other instructors in his Evolution group are pretty good also, but IMO Rebecca is the best.
Old 02-02-05, 09:31 AM  
gypsygirl64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara426
Her Stuff Can Be Found On Marcusirwin.com And Newideafitness.com To Answer The Earlier Question. I Have Bought All 4 Of Mine At Newideafitness.com And Have Received Excellent Service.

Thank you!

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 09:42 AM  
bergame
VF Supporter

Question

How would you rate the intensity of her tapes? Are they all advanced cardio-wise? Similar in intensity to Cathe/Christy/Seasun/Kristin Kagen? It's so exciting to hear about someone new!
bergame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 04:50 PM  
tara426

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergame
How would you rate the intensity of her tapes? Are they all advanced cardio-wise? Similar in intensity to Cathe/Christy/Seasun/Kristin Kagen? It's so exciting to hear about someone new!
SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF THEY DISAGREE, BUT I WOULD SAY HER CHOREOGRAPHY LEVEL IS INT/ADVANCED AND HER INTENSITY LEVEL IS INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED. SHE STARTS OUT WITH EASIER CHOREOGRAPHY BLOCKS, AND THEY KEEP GETTING HARDER. THE ONE THING I HAVE TROUBLE WITH, AND YOU MIGHT NOT IS SHE DOES ALOT OF STEPPING OVER THE STEP. WHENEVER I TRY, MY FEET ALWAYS WANT TO STEP ON THE TAPE INSTEAD OF OVER. SO, I WOULD SAY SHE STARTS OUT LIKE GAY GASPER AND ENDS LIKE SEASUN. TARA
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 09:35 AM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

I have found a new favorite!

Thanks, you guys, for posting this thread! I ordered two of Rebecca's workouts from newideafitness.com and got them yesterday - Step Revolution and S-Express and I *LOVE* Rebecca! She is my new great find!

The choreography was very interesting, Rebecca's cuing was impeccable and I loved the music. These are going to be great workouts.

If only these were on DVD, but oh well - it is better that Rebecca has put out something then for us to miss out on her altogether!

Now, I am off to order the other two workouts!

Anybody know if Rebecca will be coming out with something in the future?

Also - if I like Rebecca, which Marcus Irwin step would I like???

Chris
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-05, 11:25 AM  
ooty

chris

Hi,
Just wanted to say hello to a fellow "CT"er. I am always excited to see other Vf members from CT.

Cheers,
ooty
ooty is offline   Reply With Quote