Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-05, 04:34 PM  
horsemom2

Kukuwa Dance Workouts (formerly referred to as LAC)

The previous thread which referred to the new Kukuwa Dance Workouts as LAC (Latin-Africano-Caribbeano) was misleading so I am starting a new thread to discuss Kukuwa Nuamah's amazing new workouts. Also the previous thread was probably getting too long thanks to all of the raves which I hope will continue

clips of these workouts can be found at
http://www.lacd.net/Order%20videos_&_cds.htm

Barb S
who hopes others will be shaking their boombsey with Kukuwa soon
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 06:25 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
who hopes others will be shaking their boombsey with Kukuwa soon
I never realized that was what she was saying till I read your post this morning. I did the 30 minute workout after my weight workout earlier, and thought. "Barb is right - again"

For anybody that's thinking about trying just one, let me warn you - they're addictive! I'm still hearing some of the music, and her voice, and "dancing" in my chair

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 06:29 PM  
horsemom2

Lol

[QUOTE=glavtx]I never realized that was what she was saying till I read your post this morning. QUOTE]

LOL I never realized that was what she was saying till I read your post!!!

Barb S
who will pay closer attention to the introduction next time
Old 01-30-05, 07:26 PM  
Katie W
VF Supporter

I just part of Vol 1 yesterday, and liked fun and energy of it alot.

One potentially unsafe thing I saw though--in the hamstring stretches at the beginning of the workout, she puts her hand(s) on her knee. If you are prone to hyper-extending your knee (which I am), that puts too much weight and pressure on you knee. Just put your hand *above* your knee.

Other than that, I loved it.
Katie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 07:34 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I watched the clips this morning and the workouts look great. I'm a little burned out on kickboxing, don't do much step, and most hi-lo workouts look the same. This looks fun, different and a good calorie burner at the same time.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 09:08 PM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

I ordered tonight and I am really excited for these!

They look to be authentically fun! What I mean is, refreshingly unstagey and unscripted. With delicious scenery to boot. I could always use more palm trees and blue skies in my life, and in my workout vids!

I have not come across any african, caribbean or brazilian dance style workouts where the choreography comes easily enough to me, for me to do them often or at all. I am thrilled that these look so user-friendly in the choreo department.

I love the mix of faces and gender in the clips. Her personality seems very fun. And the music sounds great - even better to know that the songs change, and the moves change with them.

These DVDs sound delightful and I am very excited to try them.

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 09:15 PM  
getstrong

I'm on this bandwagon, too, having ordered last night.

I'm sitting here wondering how we will sound when Kukuwa releases the next seven workouts -- maybe something like Cathe or WHFN fans, gotta have them all?

Last edited by getstrong; 01-31-05 at 09:38 AM. Reason: corrected - seven more coming! Thanks, Barb!
getstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 06:34 AM  
horsemom2

Me? got to have them all!!!

Every time I have really liked a unique workout style (like NIA & Zumba), the video workouts have been very limited because it seems like it is with an instructor or style that focuses on teaching a live class, training other instructors and just dabbles in making a video (some done 20 years ago!), never really getting enough of a following to fund future video/dvd workouts.
Kukuwa is set up to fulfill a future demand if a demand developes which I have no doubt will.
LOL when I first ordered I almost hoped I wouldn't like the first three so I wouldn't have to purchase the next seven, being more of a trader than a buyer! I never expected them to be as wonderful as they are. I feel like I am in a class at a resort and workingout with a very talented personable instructor. A class that could cost up to $25 for just the one time experience but thanks to modern technology can be taken over and over again.

Barb S
who cannot choose a favorite between the three workouts but if only could get one would get volume1 just for the most footage
Old 01-31-05, 08:47 AM  
acey

another fan

I had just ordered the one-hour one, but now I went back and ordered the other two. I was so inspired I even went and ordered the new Zumba DVDs. I've never done this kind of dance workout and never thought I would want to. But the lady has a way of coaxing you through the TV to just 'shake it..ohhhhhh yeah! aiyiyiyiyi" while cuing and teaching at the same time.

My body is pretty used to step, kickboxing and hi-lo workouts, so this kind of workout is a new challenge and a plateau-breaker...my limbs are definitely not used to moving this way

Yet another example in an ever-growing line of how VF-ers have alerted me to "must-haves" that keep my credit card company very happy (and my sweat glands!)

--acey
acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 09:11 AM  
Thanya
VF Supporter

I just tried the 45 min workout today (only had time for 20 mins but love every minute of it!). I was trying to find the alternatives to step and kickboxing and I have to say again that I'm so glad I decided to get them.
Thanya is offline   Reply With Quote