Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-19, 03:19 PM  
Negin

Purple Player - Yay or Nay?

If you have Purple Player for digital access, is there anything that you don't like about it?

A few years ago, I installed it for a Leslie Walk, and, if my memory serves me correctly, I was irritated by the fact that I couldn't pick and choose from a menu as I can do with a DVD. I only did the walk once and that was it.

We live outside the U.S., so having digital access would be wonderful, but I'm hesitant because of the menu feature. Jessica Smith has a sample of one of her workouts. I'm considering a few of hers as digital downloads, but the sample is only for one mile, so that's not going to answer my question.
Old 07-11-19, 03:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have purple player & use it for Jessica Smith & Gilad. I like it because I travel a lot and use it to stream workouts on my tablet. There’s no matrix style menu on any of the workouts that I’ve used so you can’t build a workout with different segments. I have lots of other download workouts and find that’s the case with them as well. I guess the technology isn’t there yet? I’m sure it will get there in the not too distant future.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 03:52 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I have purple player & use it for Jessica Smith & Gilad. I like it because I travel a lot and use it to stream workouts on my tablet. There’s no matrix style menu on any of the workouts that I’ve used so you can’t build a workout with different segments. I have lots of other download workouts and find that’s the case with them as well. I guess the technology isn’t there yet? I’m sure it will get there in the not too distant future.
Pam, thank you. That's very helpful. In that case, I think that I'll wait until someone is visiting us or until we travel to the U.S. - I think that I'd prefer the DVDs. I hate waiting! Oh well.

By the way, I love your siggy quotes.
Old 07-12-19, 06:23 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have Purple Player, and have purchased workouts from Suzanne Bowen & Jessica Smith. I like it but it seems to be a little tricky to do separate chapters of the workouts. However, I will probably still use it to purchase downloads in the future.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 08:55 AM  
Betty Boop

Sherry - I just looked at one of my Jessica Smith's on Purple Player. When I click on "Chapters" at the bottom on the right, the menu comes up.

Is there something else that I'm missing? Thanks.
Old 07-12-19, 09:04 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Sherry - I just looked at one of my Jessica Smith's on Purple Player. When I click on "Chapters" at the bottom on the right, the menu comes up.

Is there something else that I'm missing? Thanks.
That’s the way mine comes up too & I find it easy to use. I thought, and I could be mistaken, that the OP was wondering about playing different segments together like a mix & match build your own workout option. That’s not available on PP.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 02:49 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
That’s the way mine comes up too & I find it easy to use. I thought, and I could be mistaken, that the OP was wondering about playing different segments together like a mix & match build your own workout option. That’s not available on PP.
Yes, I'd like to be able to mix and match. For example, if it's a 5-Mile Walk, I'd like to have the option of choosing different miles, as I do with a DVD.
Old 07-19-19, 04:57 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I have it and like it. I have my Jessica workouts downloaded to my Surface Pro. I have my favorites downloaded to my phone. We travel a lot and it's great to have them available at all times. Leslie
Old 07-19-19, 07:23 PM  
SuzieC

I like it as well. I have lots of Jessica Smith, Leslie, Petra Kolber, Michelle Dozois, and Suzanne Bowen on Purple. It is also nice for travel as you can download to a tablet for those times you have no internet. Plus, you own the downloads forever once you buy them (with the exception of some monthly streaming services like Leslie, though you have the option to buy individual titles as well).
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, leslie sansone, purple player, tablet