Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-19, 11:01 AM  
AnMrsDe

Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower/Upper

I think I found my favorite of the set so far....SBSS Lower!! I'm not usually a fan of working the lower body, but this one was fantastic! It seemed to sail by - loved the pace - slow enough to be form focused but quick enough to be metabolic-like!! I used 12's to 30# weights and got a very good workout! I didn't like the pivot squats or all the pulsing, but other than that I liked most of the exercises and appreciated the inner thigh focus...really happy about that with all the side lunge variations! Loved the wide squat to side lunges - I didn't change the DB to different hands - just kept it in one hand doing the squat then holding it to the side lunged foot. Worked so much better and less of a chance to drop it on a toe! For the front/angled lunges, I used my step to put my foot on which worked great for my knees. No Bulgarian Squats either--BIG PLUS! Loved this one SO MUCH MORE than FS Legs & Glutes!!

On to SBSS Upper: This one seemed longer to me (and it's really shorter than LB) but it was b/c I had to keep pausing it to get the right weights - it'll be better next time now. I like the option of having a lighter weighted UB w/o in my collection and really liked the shoulder exercises (surprise, surprise!). My arms were so fatigued from doing the tri/chest work first but it could have been also that I did the LB w/o beforehand. Either way, I couldn't go very heavy (due to my shoulders issues and fatigue). Pretty much matched Cathe with her weights on that one.

Both these workouts just seemed really fresh to me with lots of different ways of working the muscles (maybe it was the sequencing?). Great workouts and looking forward to doing them again!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-19, 01:27 PM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiletha444 View Post
Although I liked Metabolic Blast, I did not care for the side plank. I know the side plank is a good way to work my abs, but I am going to use the stability ball. Cathe has used it in previous workouts with the same exercise. It's much more comfy to lean on the ball and less stress on the knee and shoulder.
Thanks for the tip!

I did Pyramid Pump Total Body Pyramid Up premix today. I don't like gliding exercises since I work out on puzzle mats so I just subbed back and side lunges and curtsy dips when she used the gliders. I also don't like weight work on the stability ball so I used my step bench for back, chest and triceps, subbed hammer curls for biceps and did the second shoulder one standing up.

I LOVED it. No push ups or triceps dips!! Total body done in 50 minutes! I didn't feel repped to death and I thought she moved slow enough that I could go even heavier next time. So glad I decided to get the Pyramid disk too. I will be using this premix a lot.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-19, 01:58 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I did PHA2 and I was a huge fan of PHA1 so I was hoping I'd feel more of the same.
I don't have PHA 1 and am wondering how similar it is to PHA 2. Would having both be beneficial - are they different enough - or am I good with just PHA 2? It's been my favorite from LITE!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-19, 07:58 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I did Rev'd Up Rumble yesterday morning - chose the premix w/abs sprinkled throughout, and wore one pound gloves. I ended up enjoying this way more than I thought I would (usually not a huge kickbox fan). This had a lot of variety, I enjoyed the music, nothing lasted long enough to be boring. The abs mixed in were the six-pack abs, which she said are boxing-inspired, and they really complimented this workout. I was really feeling it all by the end. Highly recommend this premix!
Agreed! She finally threw in some different punches! I did the premix without the drills and it was perfect.

Donna H
Old 01-30-19, 08:47 PM  
Maybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Individual DVDs were being sold on VF Roost. 14 dollars for one. 13 dollars if more than one.
Can someone let me know how I can become a member of VF Roost?
thank you!
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-19, 09:06 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I think if you just go to VF Roost on Facebook, you can click to request to be a member.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-19, 09:17 PM  
Maybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I think if you just go to VF Roost on Facebook, you can click to request to be a member.
thanks, Joni.
I searched Facebook for it and it didn't come up for me, maybe because it's a secret group? Is there a link? Not sure if I'm missing something...
Old 01-30-19, 09:31 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelle View Post
thanks, Joni.
I searched Facebook for it and it didn't come up for me, maybe because it's a secret group? Is there a link? Not sure if I'm missing something...
It is a secret group. I think if you send me your email. I can try to add you.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-19, 09:34 PM  
Maybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
It is a secret group. I think if you send me your email. I can try to add you.
great - just sent you a PM.
Old 01-30-19, 10:40 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Oops. Didn’t realize it was a secret group.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands