Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-10, 09:52 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Lalofit II

hi,

Collage has this on sale. Any thoughts on this? I do have his
first one and honestly don't reach for it much. (so why am i tempted?)

tia!
julie

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 10:13 AM  
mj476

I'm the same way. I only did Lalofit 1 once and then when Mary had it on sale, I got it (haven't done it yet) and now I'm bummed because Collage has it for only $5.98!

Here's a breakdown from TracyQ:

"I previewed Lalofit #2 this morning. It looks good. Kind of reminded me of Core Synergistics. After previewing I would say it is advanced but I would need to do it before I could say for sure. Like Edie it’s been a while since I did the first one.

I’m doing a heavy lifting rotation for December so I’m not sure when I’ll get to it. I may try to change around my rotation so I can try it this week.

There is an on screen rep counter plus a timer that shows both how much time is left on the DVD and the particular exercises that you’re on.

Here is the breakdown of the 54 minute disc.

Warm up: 4-minutes

15 Jumping Jacks at double count
15 Squats with Arnold press
10 Each side spider push ups
10 Each side push ups to lunge—holding lunge for 5-seconds
60 Seconds of running in place with high knees
15 Each side leg up & around
30s Rest

15 Each side lunge backs with overhead press
15 Legs in & out jumps
10 Each side Push ups that are on cover of the DVD—I think they may be called Scorpions
15 Scissor lunges
15 Double count jumping Jacks
30s Rest

15 Each side lunge back touch heel with opposite hand then bring knee up & hold
15 Posterior Fly
15 Back Fly
15 Each side Push ups touching elbow to knee
15s running in place with high knee
15 Side lunges
30s Rest

15 Reps downward dog to upward dog
15 Reps weighted shoulder work
20 Reps bicep rotations
1 Squat with 10s hold
15 Each side scissor lunge
15 Hop scotch move (my name not his)
30s Rest

15 Each side single leg balance with rows
20 Reps bicep rotation
15 Jumping squats
15 Leg raises with freeze
15 Leg up & around
30s Rest

Floor abs—approximately 5 minutes of ab work done on back
Forearm plank with leg raises
15 Burpees (jumps into full pushup)
1 Squat with 10s hold

Cool Down

Tracy

ETA: Now that I've had a chance to try it I would say it is an intermediate workout. "

I did like Core Synergistics so hopefully I'll like this one. I did like the first one and got quite a good workout from it although it was shoulder intensive and not as focused on other upper body parts although there were plenty of pushups. I've been so focused on barre and yoga that I've let my other workouts sit on the shelf collecting dust.

Marcy
Old 12-29-10, 11:50 AM  
mtnmom

Lalofit II has many planks and pushup variations and it is really core intensive. I'm surprised Tracy said it was intermediate because I think it's pretty darn tough! I still have it, but it's one of those workouts I need to feel pretty strong to do.

I bought the original Lalofit (after having Lalofit II) and sold it pretty fast. It was way too shoulder intensive and I thought much less imaginative with the exercises.

--Just a sidenote, the "spider pushups" in the first circuit are nothing like the spider pushups on Jari's Slim and Lean. In Lalofit II, as you go down into pushup, you raise your leg to the side and touch your knee to the elbow (without your foot touching the ground) and hold (freeze). Oy! By the time you get to the ab section at the end, you're shaking.
Old 12-29-10, 11:54 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Lalofit II has many planks and pushup variations and it is really core intensive. I'm surprised Tracy said it was intermediate because I think it's pretty darn tough! I still have it, but it's one of those workouts I need to feel pretty strong to do.

I bought the original Lalofit (after having Lalofit II) and sold it pretty fast. It was way too shoulder intensive and I thought much less imaginative with the exercises.

--Just a sidenote, the "spider pushups" in the first circuit are nothing like the spider pushups on Jari's Slim and Lean. In Lalofit II, as you go down into pushup, you raise your leg to the side and touch your knee to the elbow (without your foot touching the ground) and hold (freeze). Oy! By the time you get to the ab section at the end, you're shaking.
I don't think Lalofit 2 is intermediate either. The push-up variations are tough if you do all of them on your toes, at least for me. The cardio might be considered intermediate. So I would rate this workout as intermediate/advanced.

Tags
lalo fuentes, lalofit, lalofit 2