Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-17, 03:06 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

One reason why I LOVE Suzanne Bowen

I just got my annual "you are no longer a member at SBF, sorry to see you go, hope you enjoyed the workouts and hope we see you back soon!" email from Suzanne Bowen. I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the way she does business. You get what you pay for; you are NOT auto-renewed. The price is very reasonable at 79.00 for a year (or $10 a month if you don't want to commit.)

I like Suzanne's demeanor, my body likes her workouts, her philosophy works for me, but I especially love her straightforward business practices. You just can't beat what you get for the price, and no hassles. She really sets an example for streaming content producers everywhere, imho.

Needless to say, I hopped online to renew.

I do think I am going to stick with just one subscription, though. I am letting Pilates by Lisa go. It's been a good year with PBL, certainly; but I've learned that this ectomorph body needs more than Pilates... And frankly, more than barre as well. Especially being a post-menopausal ecto, I really need to incorporate more traditional, heavier strength work. But I still still do some barre with SBF, because it really makes me happy and healthy.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 03:44 PM  
zoegirl

I love her, too! Thanks for sharing your positive experience.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 03:57 PM  
suzannaerin

I'm going to do the same, renew Suzanne and let Lisa lapse. I like Lisa but I don't like Pilates.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 04:10 PM  
IceQueen07

I feel the same. I had stopped SB for awhile and concentrated on PBL, and while I like pilates and Lisa's teaching, I just missed Suzanne and her style. I went back for this past challenge SB had and realized that my body responds better to her workouts more so than pilates. Her streaming price is very reasonable IMO and plan on not renewing the PBL and continuing with SB and also adding some form of weight lifting program.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 04:19 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Just did my first workout with my new SBF subscription, it was Beginners Barre Amped Bounce, 18 minutes and it was FUN and felt like half that time.

I just realized during the workout two things that I really like about Suzanne. First is that her cues really work for me. She said "don't use your back, just pivot your leg inside the hip joint" and I could absolutely feel my back kicking in and that visual of my femur just pivoting inside the hip joint totally got my form back to where it needed to be. Second, she almost always tells you not only what muscle you're using, but what muscle's tightness is probably inhibiting your movement. That is also very helpful for me in terms of knowing where I need to stretch more. Oops, you know what, there's a third; I love it that she takes SIGNIFICANT TIME STRETCHING. It's not just a quick stretchandgo, and the older I get the more I appreciate that emphasis.

Sometimes you just have to share the love!! And for me, today's the day!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 05:37 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I too got that email from Suzanne's website when my subscription lapsed and I thought it was sweet. I have resubscribed and will probably not renew my PBL subscription in November/December. Her pilates workouts are the best, but for me they aren't good add-ons and I want to do more than just pilates.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 06:12 PM  
cherimac

I kept getting charged by her and it dragged on for months without resolution. I am glad I was the exception.

I am the opposite, as Pilates shapes my body far more than barre. I love that there are so many options out there.

Enjoy your subscription, Susan.
Old 09-20-17, 06:13 PM  
hotncmom

I love Suzanne too! I'm doing a DVD rotation, and have been at it for 5 1/2 weeks so far, and I'm consistent and not bored! I've included all of her DVD's, not just the BarreAmped ones, so this includes the Ruahs, prenatal workouts, TTT, Weight Watchers, and Flat Belly Barre. I haven't even gotten through all of them yet because I'm still doing the easier ones. Even with those, I still have room to grow and become comfortable doing all of the advanced modifications.

It's funny that BarreAmped is her signature program, but I enjoy the non-BA workouts the best. My current favorite is the Weight Watchers DVD. So I'm alternating the non-BA with the BA DVD's and it's working out great.

I'm doing about 30 minutes/day of Suzanne (usually upper body one day and lower body the next) and this gives me time to do a floorwork or Pilates add-on. Eventually I'll get back to Ballet Body and yoga, but for now, I'm a happy camper.

The membership site was overwhelming to me. I've tried it a couple of times and found it hard to mix and match. I know she gives out workout plans, but I'm not good at following rotations written by others. I have to tailor my workouts to my energy level for that day. That keeps me consistent because then I'm not forcing myself to do a hard workout on a low energy day.

However...I've always wanted to try the Bounce workouts. How many of those are on the membership site? And do they require you to have the balance bar attached? I have a Jumpsport but it doesn't have a bar.

I agree that the SBF membership is a great value!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 06:45 PM  
sillygirl

I loved/love Suzanne's free Christmas Stretch from 2014 and Thanksgiving Stretch from 2016.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 03:05 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I just re-subscribed to SBF. I had a subscription for most of 2016, and it ended around March of this year. I took a break to try other things and I am just getting back to Suzanne's workouts. I do love her workouts, and the way she does business! I also have to say, I love the combo of barre + bounce!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat belly barre, suzanne bowen