Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-20, 07:57 AM  
Helen

Last post was Saturday, the 12th.
Been a looooong week - 2nd last week of school, seniors final days before they go off to study for their final big exams. Always hectic.

Here's what I've been doing:

Sun., 13th Sep.,
49min, Les Mills - Body Pump 54
Mon., 14th Sep.,
8789 steps - with just a dog walk
Tue., 15th Sep.,
62min, Motion Traxx - 120-130 bpm Walker's Delight Vol. 2; 14 579 steps
Wed., 16th Sep.,
67min, Podrunner - 123 bpm Firewalker; 16 640 steps
Thu., 17th Sep.,
8442 steps - with just a dog walk
Fri., 18th Sep.,
46min, CherFitness - Body Confidence - Bands; 9060 steps
Sat., 19th Sep.,
60min, Motion Traxx - 120-130 bpm Walker's Delight Vol. 3; 16 627 steps
Sun., 20th Sep.,
43min; Tracie Long Productions - Cindy - Dynamic Strength & Power

DH has been working on my bike, getting the gears to function properly. Still haven't been able to get the gaming app working; but have been on the bike long enough to get a very numb bum. Not sure it's going to be "my thing". DH offered to get me a Zwift trainer for Christmas if I enjoy the trainer/gamer idea.

Sorry for the lack of personals - now it's 11pm on a "school night".
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 06:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - good to see you checking in! That's a lot of steps!
Pam - glad that your air is better and that you enjoyed your yoga class.

9/19 - Day 5 of Pilates Strong, 20 min Kettlenetics Flow Motion. I started and stopped several other things, just one of those days when things weren't clicking. The Kettlenetics was in my pile of DVDs to donate/trade. I decided to give it another try and was pleasantly surprised. It came with a 4lb. baby kettlebell, which seems ridiculous, but by the end it got my heart-rate up.
9/20 - a dog walk, then Day 11 from Pahla, followed by a 10 min. walk with Denise Austin. I had written down that I did Day 11 before, but it must have been from her strength rotation, not the weight loss one. The DA one was a waste, since she did a warm up and stretch that took up a lot of the 10 minutes. She said something about it being a 30 min. workout, so I guess this was just a small part of it. I would have liked to try the whole thing.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 20:
~7 km trail walk - blue skies today
~ePilates: Barre Blend
~MFML: Wrist Free Flow - I love this one, all standing with a circular flow ~headstand & Yamuna’s stretch
~steps....approaching 11,000

Helen - Hope things settle down soon at work!

Lili - I have that Kettlenetics set, not sure where the DVD is but I still have that cute little 4 pounder in with my other weights.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 05:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - Nice hike! Glad the weather is cooperating. It makes such a difference.

9/21 -
dog walk
Day 12 of Pahla's Weight Loss rotation
30 min Advanced Beginner Ride with Hannah
10 min Lower Body Stretch with Selena

Old 09-22-20, 10:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 21:
~7.5 km neighbourhood/trail walk with a friend
~Headstand & Yamuna’s stretch
~Deep hip stretches - dragon, sleeping dragon, & tried a kneeling variation on figure 4 with my calf on a stool. I used a padded storage cube that doubles as a seat. It’s a bit lower than a standard chair.
~steps: 15,539

Sept 22:
~Essentrics class
~Barlates KB Barre HIIT
~WOW: Disco walk
~20 min rebounding
~Beth’s (fellow VFer toaster) Afternoon Yoga (YT)
~Headstand, kneeling pigeon, Yamuna’s stretch
~steps: 10,548

Lili - Kudos to you for hanging in there with Pahla B!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-23-20, 06:53 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - You were too quick with the congrats, I dumped Pahla again! I can only handle a few days at a time with her. Another nice long hike!

9/22 - Peloton day
20 min. Barre, Lower Body Focus w/ Hannah
30 min. R&B Walk w/ Chase Tucker. I had trouble with his cuing, or lack of cuing, but I liked it & him.
Dog walk.

9/23 -
1 Mile with Leslie
45 min. Low Impact Ride w/ Christine
5 min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Tunde
10 min. Full Body Stretch w/ Hannah. She used a foam roller in this as a prop, not for rolling. It really did stretch me, but I was hoping for some rolling.
Dog walk.

Old 09-23-20, 08:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 23, feeling bit off today so kept it low key...
~Neighbourhood walk
~20 min rebounding
~Hip & leg stretches, Yamuna’s stretch, headstand
~steps: 10,008

Lol Lili, I hear you about Pahla, although Leslie is high on the chatty meter too. I haven’t done any of her walks in ages.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-24-20, 10:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 24:
~Taught Essentrics
~Trudie Styler Pure Sculpt: arm w/o 2....some interesting & unusual arm work!
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding, 20 min on my Maxi Glider, WOW 20 min Madonna walk
~MFML: Slow it Down Hatha
~steps: 11,403 and still counting....

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-25-20, 05:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Thank you to Lili and Pam ...

For keeping up the check in!!!!
Not sure where I've been? other than work and life.

Lili: looks like you're enjoying Peloton! I know that Matt has some foam rolling stretches.

07/02/19 @ 2:20 p.m. 10 mins. foam rolling w/Matt
5/30/19 @ 12:30 p.m. 10 min. Foam Rolling w/Hannah Corbin
8/17/2017 @ 11:00 a.m. 5 mins. Foam Rolling w/Jess King
5/23/2017 @ 11:00 a.m. 10 min. Foam Rolling w/Hannah Corbin
4/20/2017 @ 11:00 a.m. 10 min. Foam Rolling with/Matt Wilpers
1/19/2017 @ 11:00 a.m. 5 min. Intro to Foam Rolling w/Matt Wlpers

Those are some of the foam rolling stretch workouts I have bookmarked. I'm sure there's more, but that's what I have so far. I haven't done all of them, but some I have! Hope that helps you. Foam rolling (although wonderful!) is not one of my favorites. It hurts.

How did you like the barre class with Hannah? I want to try some of the Barre classes. I'll probably Try Ally Love (I adore her). Although I enjoy Hannah as well (and haven't done one of her classes in ages!) Too many workouts, not enough time.

So maybe I'll post this and then reply to myself with my check in.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 05:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

No clue where I've been

I know I've been reading. But I always seem to run out of time in the a.m. I cut it too close as is. Work sure does get in the way of a lot of stuff.

Pam: Love your consistency. And variety. (reminds me I should have more ...)

Waves to Helen, Lili & Kay. And anyone else who may be lurking.

My month has gone well. I'm on a new kick with less than 100 days left in the year. I am on track to meet my goal of every day in 2020. That feels good and honestly? It's been many years since I've actually done that. So I will be pleased and proud at the end of the year. (I have every intention of finishing the year of every day in barring any major catastrophes.) But this is, after all 2020, so who knows what's lurking around the bend?!?

Rowing has been going great. I have joined a few groups. So I have been doing lots of reading and following. It helps to be connected to a community. Lots of videos, form pointers, etc. There is a challenge that began 9/15. Now don't fall over, but I actually DID NOT join it. I will do one in the future, but I was about 3 days late to the party and didn't want to feel like I was playing "Catch up" the entire time. So I will wait and do another one when the opportunity presents itself.

I feel like I've made great strides with rowing and it finally clicked last weekend. It only took almost two months, which is ok. I still have to get in 4 more rowing sessions to meet my goal of 18 rowing workouts this month, but I have no doubt, I'll will get them all done. (and it leaves me 2 days of rest as well (from rowing). Sooooooooooooooooo

Here's a small world phenomena ... only in the book of Cleda --- I am active with a Pokemon Go group. One of the gals doesn't get to raid often because she doesn't have a raid group. They came out with "remote raid passes" so we can invite people to raid with us. perfect for people who live in remote areas or don't have groups to raid with. I'm active with her in a Pokemon Go Fitbit Group on Facebook. I started inviting her to raids when I'm out. Come to find out .... She's a Concept2 Rowing Instructor! Who knew? So I (obviously) joined her facebook group page.

I am in week 6 of my Power Zone Challenge. (that sure is going by fast.) Can't believe we're headed into October soon. These challenges really do keep me focused. I'm about 5 days ahead of the schedule. and I'm good with that.

Ok, on to the check in as I could babble forever. (you all know that!)

Holy Mackeral !!! 9/18 was the last I checked in ... So sorry .....

9/19/2020:
Rowing (30 mins.) PZ 60 minute with Matt, PZ 30 mins. w/Olivia, Bootcamp Bike 45 mins. with Jess king (I used my elliptical for the bikes parts. Was interesting. Not sure I liked it.) Post Ride Stretches.

9/20/2020: Rowing (30 minutes), Bootcamp with Adrian (30 mins. tread and weights ~ and I LOVED this one. I ended up doing it again a couple days later). PZ ride w/matt - 60 minutes (Nancy and I did this together since we're both in the challenge instead of doing a Sundays with Love. We have finished all those that were done in studio). Did Post ride stretches and walked at the park for 5 miles. and yes! it was cold and autumn like.

9/21/2020: Power Zone challenge ride (45 minutes with CDE) + post ride stretch

9/22/2020: Rowing (switching to tracking by meters - I think) but it was about 30 minutes to a scenic You Tube video. Totally different from what I usually do and I did like it., Bootcamp with Adrian (the one from above !!!)

9/23/2020: rowed 12 minutes (technique video), PZ Max w/Matt 45 minutes (Lots of zone 5, 6 and 7. Very tabata like) , PZ w/Denis for 30 minutes, cool down ride and 2 Post Ride Stretches

9/24/2020: Power Zone Endurance with Matt (45 minutes) and a post ride stretch

Not sure what's on the docket today, but might hit that Adrian bootcamp again. It's tread & weights. Basic, simple and effective. The weight sections have shoulder presses, some Kettlebell swings (well, he uses a weight, I sub the kb) and then he does some burpees, which I actually do using the rim of the rebounder, so I modify. But I do them, I feel great and they work!

Anyway ... 4 more rowing sessions. One I'm sure will be done today. I have a doctor's appointment, will be interesting to see what he says about the weight loss. I'm down 70 lbs. for the year, so I'm pleased. I am right on track to hit my year end goal in so many ways. This makes me happy.

Make it a great day!!!!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote