Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-20, 07:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did day 2 of the Trifecta Pilates challenge in the morning and a 52 minute walk in the afternoon. The pilates was a standing routine and I enjoyed it a bit more than day 1. I am planning a walk today and maybe more weight work.

NORA, ugh on the computer issue.
Nice job keeping up with your exercise and activities. The other workout on Boxfit is kickboxing and Kelly always has a bunch of premixes which I like about her dvds.
I hope you enjoyed your seashore trip.
How is your weather? Cooling off?
We've had some chilly mornings lately.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 11:30 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Monday I got roped into helping my brother with some of his work, early, right as I was starting my search for a YT walk. I did do 25 minutes on the treadmill in the afternoon, but decided to make it a rest day, so didn't do an after dinner walk.

Yesterday, I started out with YT walks, and off & on fit in 3 treadmill walks, then more YT after dinner.

I started today with a YT Leslie, some 2 mile sweaty walk -- the name was something like that. Did a bit more to "Don't Worry, Be Happy" because it does make me happy!

Hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 05:02 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We had a nice time on our camping trip. The camper was great and everything worked! {including the fire alarm! Bad toaster!!! }. We stuck to tje campground taking Cindy {and ourselves} for several walks a day. Since it was such a short trip about the time we got everything together and started to relax it was time to start packing again and head back. But we are looking forward to scheduling the next trip. While we were 'out of service' Hubby got a text from Boss Lady apologizing for jerking him around but could he change to second shift? So we are getting used to 2pm-1am. Its becoming a joke about what will change next week

today I wanted an easy workout so I did Fitness with Cindy's 20m Beg Dance workout and 15m At Home Walking workout. Both were fun and easy, geared to seniors, which was about my speed today. Hubby and I both slept well last night but woke up groggy and dry eyed today.

I tried on a pair of capri pants that I haven't worn since last summer. The come down past my knee so I usually save them for fall, but I had to throw out my favorite pants, they were past redemption. Mr Scale says I haven't lost any weight but the pants were loose in the legs and hips! Yay! so I wore them today! I hate clothes shopping, especially pants, so anytime I can shop in my closet I'm excited!

SB, I have tried Pahla B. I think she's a hoot! a lot like Leslie. She has walks, and strength training workouts among others. I like KCM's interesting takes on traditional moves that add a little pizazz. glad you liked the second Trifecta

Terri, I like how the wu/cd worked out. Good for you for getting out in the yard! We really need to do something about ours!

Nora, sounds like you had a nice time at the shore! Hope the computer is working better. I made dinner in the crockpot because that's what I do on Wed night and now I have to eat it alone. I'm so confused! Actually its just plain chicken so I'll save it for chicken salad tomorrow lunch.

Mr Dryer is calling me. I have to go fold towels. How do two people and one dog make so much laundry!!!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 08:38 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB, it is getting chillier for sure - especially at night. I plan to hang in here At my cottage for another Few weeks though. I keep waiting for more hot weather!

pp it sounds like a good camping trip. I do admire your ability to find and do all that YouTube stuff. I’m terrible at that.

Terri, you sound very upbeat.

Today I did Paul katami perfect 10 and did a one hour walk.
Old 09-17-20, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Tracie Long's Metabolic Strength #3, Well Built, in the morning and a 49 minute walk in the afternoon.
I like this new routine so far. Of course, now I probably jinxed it . I am planning a walk today and maybe pilates.

TERRI, very nice job with your yt and treadmill walks, sweaty and otherwise .

PENGUIN, the camping trip sounds fun.
Great job on the loose capri pants.
Glad you found some workouts to meet your needs. OMG, that Boss Lady would drive me crazy with the schedule changes!
Are you kidding me?

NORA, nice workout/walk. Enjoy your last weeks at the cottage!

Hard to believe, but we're actually getting a little hazy weather from the fires on the West Coast! I can't even imagine what the air and skies must be like there!

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 09-17-20, 02:24 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I can't wait for it to get chilly; I was happy to go outside this morning and find it wasn't hot. Warm, but still, a relief! I'd left the sprinkler running around the grapefruit tree all night, 13 hours when I realized it, so hurried out to turn it off this morning. I guess my water bill will stink next month. But, maybe my grapefruits will be good.

I did an upper body weight workout yesterday afternoon, but I didn't walk after dinner last night. I just wasn't in the mood and let that sway me. I am determined not to let how I feel about it rule me -- I can handle 10 minutes. I'm going to repeat that to myself over and over today

Penguin, I'm glad you enjoyed the camping, and hope you both can get used to that work schedule without much trouble.

SB, I hope you didn't jinx it! Sounds like a great mix of workouts you've been doing lately.

Nora, I do envy the chilly nights, I love to put an extra blanket on the bed and feel all cozy.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 06:31 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, thank you. I feel a lot of it is hit or miss. Lately more miss than hit. Maybe i'm just tired and uninspired

Terri, we went for a walk on Tuesday morning and it wasn't miserable outside! such a relief. The weather is supposed to cool down this coming week and be sunny. Considering all the rain we got 'leftover' from Laura I'm grateful for some sun.

SB, glad you found a routine that works for you. Just thinking about doing a Tracie workout wears me out! Boss Lady is driving us crazy too, in her defense her SO seems to be dying of cancer so she's distracted and this is why she's working from home. I would be too if I had a choice. Hopefully this is the last change for a while. Even the people at work are teasing Hubby about what schedule he'll work next week.

We got the news that the house next to us is going up for auction due to non payment of taxes. We suspect its going to turn into a rental. There are a lot of those in this neighborhood, but right now we have a lot of good neighbors. At one time we had a meth lab on one side of us and drive by shootings on the other so we are grateful that things have quieted down. While the house is in a transition period we are getting a new fence put up all around. Hubby and I decided that this weekend we need to get out there and cut down bushes and clean up in anticipation of the fence. Part of our yard is still 4 ft chain fence but over the years bushes have grown up though the fence to way over our heads, so we are going to have to do something about the bushes and hopefully kill the roots. gah!

Today i did Paul Eugene's Walk March Cardio Dance Abs. I wasn't really enthused about working out and was hoping a fun workout would inspire me. Paul and Leslie have similar taste in music so almost everything he picked I've heard to death in Leslie's walks.

happy thursday

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 08:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday I did a 53 minute walk and that was it so I did kind of jinx my routine.
In my defense, my sister texted to say she was stopping by and I haven't seen her since pre-covid so it was a good reason not to workout. Then my DS and his gf came over for dinner so all more important (and fun) than exercise. My sister has COPD so she has been very cautious during this pandemic but she said she's feeling very isolated so it was good that she is getting out a little more. We sat outside at a safe distance and had a really nice visit.

I am planning a walk today and hopefully more.

TERRI, that's good that you did an upper body weight workout. I know it's hard to talk myself into a workout sometimes. I win some and I lose some. You'll be back at those after dinner walks. Ohhh a grapefruit tree sounds nice.

PENGUIN, nice job working out when you weren't feeling it. Good luck with your fence and the new neighbors!

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 09-19-20, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !

Yesterday was a 51 minute walk and that was it again. Yeah I jinxed my routine for sure. I am planning a walk today and hopefully I'll do some pilates or weight work.

Waves to all. Have a great weekend!
Old 09-20-20, 08:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did KCM's Sculpting Rx workout #2 in the morning and a 47 minute afternoon walk. I think if I do my dvd workout in the morning then it gets done.
That KCM kicked my butt again. Her workouts get my heartrate up there.
I probably should fit her in 2 or 3 times a week. I am planning a walk today and maybe some pilates.

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a good one!