Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-20, 08:48 AM  
patchworkpenguin

sorry, didn't mean to leave you guys in suspense of The Talk. Hubby's shift change gave him 6 days off in a row so we were excited to try and take a camping trip, until a friend mentioned that Monday is a holiday. {growing up with a dad who worked for the government, and then Hubby working for an airline we only celebrated Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. They worked all the other holidays} So we checked, and all the campsites are full. We are going to get the camper ready this loooong weekend and hope for next days off, which are Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. So he was right, nothing bad. I've rearranged the 'home' schedule and my exercise schedule already.

Today we are headed out to my parents so Hubby and Dad can work on the truck that pulls the camper. Hubby replaced some engine sensors yesterday and today they are replacing the rear gear/differential. all this is to make sure that the truck pulls the camper without a problem. We thought we were buying a smaller lighter camper, but it turned out to be bigger and heavier. We knew this before we signed the paper, but these changes can only help.

Nora, we knew when he took this job that he'd eventually be on night shift, this second shift isn't as dire as it could have been. Woody needs his exercise too!

SB, we synchronized our sleep schedules last night. I think his is a bit unrealistic but he's trying to stay on days an much as possible in order not to disrupt our lives. Time will tell how that works.

Terri, We were originall told it would be 2am-2pm or 2pm to 2am. so I'm much happier with this. UTTB= Up To The Beat. I hope you enjoy your different workout. I keep saying I'm going to do weights but its so much easier to do cardio.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 12:10 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I did an actual DVD today for the first time in ages. It was Step Sync. Yesterday, I went for a one hour walk and did my yoga class. I'm planning to walk again this afternoon if the rain holds off.

PP- I'm glad to hear that you and your hub will get a little vaca time in. Hopefully, your life is not tooooo disrupted by his work schedule.

SB - a 35 minute walk isn't too bad. Better than nothing! I am planning to stay up at the cottage until Cdn. Thanksgiving which is early October. That's if the weather stays OK. I'm also planning a little trip (3 days) to the ocean next weekend. It's to a little quebec town called Metis sur Mer.

Terri - I thought about doing weights today too. Didn't happen.
Old 09-04-20, 01:06 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one having trouble doing the strength work I should. I have pulled out "Squeeze" from many years ago, and have it sitting in plain sight, so maybe I'll do it later.

Penguin, it's great that the news was a vacation! The sleep probably won't be that bad, lots of people stay up till midnight...I did 30 or 40 years ago. I'm in bed reading before 10 now.

Yesterday besides the treadmill I did a Walk at Home "Walk & Tone" with Nadiya, which was good, only 13 minutes, and the toning wasn't much, but I enjoyed it. Then did 7 Minutes of Magic PM extended version, which I love.

Today, a short walk with a couple of YT things, and the treadmill. Maybe I'll get that dvd into the palyer later.

Hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 08:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 48 minute walk in the morning and 24 minute walk in the evening with DD, a couple of segments from CF Lean & Toned and a burst (inspired by Terri's squats and push-ups). I am planning a walk today and hopefully more. The weather is very pleasant again, less humidity and sunny.

PENGUIN, I'm glad hubby's news was time off even if you don't go camping. One of the many good things about not working for me is actually being home on the holidays now. I worked them all except Christmas. I worked Thanksgiving, Easter, Mother's Day, you name it. Of course now with covid they'll be small holiday celebrations but that's even better . Less work.

TERRI, nice job with your treadmill and YT walks.

NORA, nice workout and other activities. Your trip to the ocean sounds lovely.
I hope the weather holds out for your last month at the cottage. I'm sure your DD has been enjoying her time there with you.

Waves to all. Have a great weekend!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 02:16 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I didn't use a dvd, but did lift weights yesterday! I found a HAS Fit total body w/o that took under 20 minutes. It only did 2 sets of everything, but I really enjoyed it, and next time would rewind a do a 3rd set. Lots of compound moves, so you did hit about everything. I have mild DOMS in my glutes, hamstrings, triceps and pecs - of course, those have barely been worked in forever, so... I also did 12 minutes of a YT Leslie Heart Healthy walk after I ate dinner.

Today, I went to YT to find that Leslie and do the whole thing, but instead saw 1 Mega Mile first. It had more of a variety of moves than most Leslies: side steps with a kick, walk forward kick, back and kick, more hamstring curls. It was different enough that I found it fun. I've been on the treadmill with a book a few times, too.

SB, I'm trying to do some bursts, too, to keep from sitting too long, and to boost my metabolism.

HI to everybody!

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 09-06-20, 07:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 55 minute walk in the morning and then a 30 minute afternoon walk with DH. It was a gorgeous day! I went down hard during the walk with DH. We were walking on a side street and the sidewalks were really broken up. I was wearing my skechers walking sandals and they must have caught on the broken sidewalk. It happened so fast and I usually catch myself but not this time. I got scraped up pretty badly but fortunately no bruises and nothing broken. I am planning a walk and hopefully more today.

TERRI, nice job with the walking and weight workout!! Sounds like a good one and DOMS is always a good thing in my book.

Waves to all. Enjoy the weekend!
Old 09-06-20, 10:13 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Well, I didn't "take the first step" yesterday, so I only did my PT and no video exercising. I hope to do something today in the nature of Classical Stretch or Yoga ...

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 01:38 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I'm glad you didn't get hurt any worse when you tripped.

DJ, as long as you keep trying, you'll get it done.

I did another short YT walk after dinner last night, and I want to make that a habit. I'd read on Cathe's site a while back that a 10 minute walk after a meal is better for you than a 30 minute walk any other time (in terms of blood sugar, metabolism, etc.)

I started today with 2 miles from Leslies 4 Mile Power Walk (YT), and then did some stretches from a chiropractor I found on YT, but they weren't any different from what I always do.
Later, some treadmill reading, and then I was determined to do a lower body weight workout. I found a set of :08 Minute dvds, and did the bun, leg, and stretch segments. Luckily I did buns first, cause the legs had lots of glute work, too, and I don't think I could've done the buns second.
I wish I'd gone ahead and done the arm and abs, too, but will do them tomorrow -- maybe

Hi to everybody!

Meister Eckhart

Old 09-07-20, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 43 minute walk in a different park with DH. It was very lovely. My walks are always shorter when I go with DH so I told him I would do my regular walk myself this morning and then go with him later for a 2nd walk if he wants. I also did a burst yesterday and need to get back to some regular weight work and/or pilates.

TERRI, nice job with your YT workouts and treadmill walking. Yes I've also read that it's good to take a short walk after dinner.

DJ, welcome!

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 09-07-20, 03:57 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I did do 10 minutes of walking after dinner last night, gonna try and make it 3 in a row tonight.

This morning I did Leslie's 1 Mile Heart Healthy walk, and then more to music. Treadmill a few times, and :08 Minute Arms (and some of the abs.) The arm dvd was actually chest and back, too, so pretty good for only 8 minutes.
They started with push ups, then rolled over for chest flies, followed by chest press, so that area was burning! Only one set of lat rows, but 3 things for shoulders, and 2 for both biceps and triceps. Luckily all my weights were out, so I could switch poundage pretty quickly.
I did CS waist, too, cause I've been doing it on my own lately, and I don't spend very long on with out Miranda's guidance.

Happy Labor Day!

Meister Eckhart