Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-04-20, 09:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and TGIF!!!!!

Yesterday featured:

~ 20 minute lunch walk (HOT and humid)
~ 20 box climbs
~ RaviAna Fat Free energy clearing breath exercise and Start Your Engines

I haven't touched RaviAna in a long time. Since I'm having an awful time with asthma lately I thought the breathing exercises might help.

I have to run - have a fab day!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 01:35 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~SanFran Fitness 24 min Bounce with Weights
~ETV: Gail’s Express Core Workout
~9363 steps....My Fitbit is about to die, I’m in the city & I forgot my charger. Oh well, I’ll charge it up on Monday....

Spending some family time with DS1 & crew before June goes back to school next week. Not sure how that will go, time will tell I guess. Our cases are low here, but that can change so easily....

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 12:31 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies!

The asthma was awful yesterday so I did Lee Holden's Better Breathing, drank lots of tea and hoped for the best. It seems to be calming down.

Pam, best wishes to June for an uneventful return to school. Everything's so different now!!!

Sherry looks like you had fun mixing up your workout. Oh I get it about BJ's baked goods and yes, they put them right near the checkout for a reason I'm sure! It smells devilishly good there. Don't tell me - a pumpkin shortage??? I was planning pumpkin oats.
Old 09-05-20, 02:36 PM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I forgot to check in yesterday, which was my recovery day. I did Yoga Ranger Yin Yoga for sore and tired bodies. It was a perfect choice! I also got in about 8,000 steps without doing any cardio. On Thursday I hit above 13,000 steps. I have almost 10,000 now, so today should be a really good step day.

This morning:

Yoga Upload 20 minute no kneeling practice (brand new just posted) and very nice

Body Project-beginner HIIT 20 minute workout (not crazy about it)
Body Project beginner interval cardio 35 minutes (liked this one better)

Pat, I keep meaning to return to Ravi/Ana but I keep using you tube for yoga. My DVDs have not been touched in awhile! I hope you are able to find canned pumpkin. I read there is a shortage of tin for making cans! I am going to Trader Joe's this coming week, so I will check there also. I like their canned pumpkin best anyway. I was going to ask my son to look at Target, but their site says they do not have any at his store!

Pam, I really hope you are enjoying your time with your family

I am planning on strength tomorrow. I don't know if I will pull out a dvd or make up my own. I've hunted all over you tube, but nothing looks right-too many "innovative" twisting moves that will bother my back for sure.

Enjoy the rest of your day-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 11:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Two walks for total of 12,049 steps....my Fitbit is still holding on at 18%
~WOW: 30 min walk, fun music including Love Shack
~Tone it Up: Rejuvenating Detox Flow Yoga - Their app is free for the month of Sept so thought I’d explore it. There is a good variety of workouts including yoga, kettlebells, & barre.

Pat- Ugh, sorry your asthma has flared up! I hope it continues to settle down.

Sherry - I don’t like twisty moves with weights either, not good for my cranky SI joint. I end up modifying. Sometimes it feels good to do your own thing too, I do that with kettlebells.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday!!! Yesterday was a rest, read, housework and errands day. DH dragged me out for a walk in the evening and I'm glad he did. It is a beautiful day and we plan to walk after the gym.

Enjoy the app this month Pam. Do you have KBs?

Hello Sherry.
Old 09-06-20, 11:33 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, the site Vitacost has organic canned pumpkin on sale and in stock, and I have a code for 20 percent off which is EMSHZNCN87.

I just used it now. I ordered six cans They also have 15 percent off some gluten free items as well, if you are looking for anything. I did not want to wait to see if Trader Joe's gets canned pumpkin in. If they do, I will grab a few cans. I use it often.

I hope your asthma is not bothering you today-hugs!

Pam-great step count! Thanks for mentioning Tone It Up. I will check their site.

This morning I did:

-Rep to the Rhythm-whatever the newest walk is-throwback music. It had Earth Wind and Fire and Michael Jackson, so I'm happy. It was 12 minutes.

-Tamilee Webb Quick Toning-arms segment. I added on chest exercises since she does not do any. It isn't much strength training, but it is a start

-30 minutes of yin yoga...I am blanking on the name of the you tube channel, but it was filmed by the ocean, so I really enjoyed it.

I am having another mellow day at home getting things done around the house. Tomorrow will be the same. I decided not to do the traditional Labor Day cookout food. Our son is working, and he basically likes corn on the cob and will eat a few spoonfuls of potato or macaroni salad and not touch it again. He does not care for turkey burgers (which my DH and I like) and the last time I made beef burgers for him he didn't even eat them (sigh...guess he wants the fattier beef from anywhere else , not the lean beef I made) . We don't need containers of fattening salads sitting here.....I may be a rebel and make homemade pizza instead.

I'll be back later.

Sherry

Old 09-07-20, 09:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I enjoyed some lazy time. Listening to the birds, snoozed a little, chipped away at some Lovecraft. I renewed it at the library and am just a little beyond 1/3.

Yesterday we walked at the beach then went to the gym. I did 15 minutes recumbent bike and my usual rotation of back PT on the cable machine and weights for chest, back, and leg presses. The beach was so beautiful - that special last days of summer feeling in the air. Got my 10,000 steps!

Sherry, nice score with the pumpkin. I'm going to the organic coop today and will search some out there. That Rep to Rhythm workout sounds fun - love EW&F!! We don't have any big labor day plans - I'm grilling bison burgers and mini peppers, and tossing together a chopped kale salad kit.

Good morning Pam!!
Old 09-07-20, 04:07 PM  
sherry7899

Hi,

This morning I did:

10 minutes of yoga on my own
a 30 minute Body Project workout
fabulous fifties you tube 15 minute walk

My knees are slightly cranky now, so I think tomorrow will be just yoga

Pat, I am glad you were able to relax and great job on your steps! I hope you had luck finding canned pumpkin. Enjoy your dinner!

Pam, I cannot do twisting moves with weights. It is asking for trouble! I don't have kettlebells. I am afraid I'd hurt my back.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Sherry

Old 09-07-20, 09:21 PM  
cyana

Catching up:

Tues:
Nordic Track high intensity cardio intervals (dripping with sweat!)
50 stability ball crunches
Essentrics hip cleaners - 10 each side
stretching on my own
Wed:
Legs - on my own (had "good DOMS" afterwards)
50 stability ball crunches
20 minutes health bounce on rebounder
PM - Holden live streaming class
Thurs:
AM - 30 minutes cardio - 1/2 on rebounder - jogging intervals and 1/2 free form dance (yes, she with 47 left feet decided to bust out some spontaneous dance moves. The good news - there were no witnesses! )
Fri:
YT - LWR - Standing Abs/Core posted 9.2.2020
YT - LWR - 7 Minutes HIIT Total Body posted 8.23.2020
warm up and cool down on my own
Sat:
rest day
Sun:
unplanned rest day. Got busy doing some bulk cooking and then I spent 3 hours on the phone with DS.
Mon:
AM - meditation - Tias Little - Bring in the Flow of Now

This morning was gloriously pleasant, so my coffee and I sat out on the front porch and read for around 3 hours. Going to do some yoga or qi gong before bed.

I'm also taking tomorrow off - hooray!

In honor of my favorite month, here are some links to the September anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk (EWF Official video)

and the version by my current musical crush - Leonid and Friends (incredible musicians who do the best tributes I've come across and I hope to get to one of their concerts if they're able to return to the US next year. They've been the best COVID medicine ever!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5XmUnYW5Ks

Pam - Oh.....Love Shack. One of my all-time favorite music videos. I had to go watch that on YT after I read your post. Then I fell down a rabbit hole watching some classics like ELO Evil Woman at Wembley. Wow, I remember when June was hatched - hard to believe she's in school now - time flies!

Sherry - I'm glad you found your pumpkin. I've ordered from VitaCost for years. Hopefully they'll get back to their pre-COVID level of special offers for their email customers, as they had some good specials almost every week. Okay, our resident Baking Goddess, I have to ask a question. I made some egg muffins from the downshiftology.com site yesterday. Lisa said not to use paper liners as they would stick, so I greased each muffin cup carefully and holy crap, even after soaking those things overnight, it took me as long to clean the muffin tins as it did to make and bake the muffins!!! I am deathly serious when I saw those muffin tins almost went into the garbage can!!! What would you bake something like that in? I thought those would make a convenient grab and go breakfast (or even lunch) and you can also freeze them. I made egg muffins years ago and did NOT have this problem.

Pat - I see you were also in chill mode this AM. I had a little hummingbird visit while I was out on the porch. Spending the time outdoors (now that the brutal August heat is in retreat), has to be a mental health priority during my upcoming busy season. Yum.....bison burgers.....haven't had bison in ages.

I found another tribute band on YT today that has a crazy wild variety of songs and apparently multiple artists - The Hindley Street Country Club out of Adelaide, Australia. Another find is Foxes and Fossils (they get extra points for the name!). Their first live performance (at least 10 years ago, according to the date on the YT video), they performed Suite: Judy Blue Eyes. Holy freaking cow - I can't imagine tackling such a classic and the girls were teenagers!

Yes....music has been my COVID medicine for the past 6 months!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote