Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-02-20, 08:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I was worried that the baby turtle was lost too far from the pond. I picked it up and moved it closer but couldn't get right up to the pond. I came back to check on it a few minutes later and it was gone...hopefully I pointed it in the right direction!

Paine, I've also been meaning to mention something to you about yin. You noted a few weeks ago when you tried my "on the run" practice that you don't like dragon (low lunge). In yin, you pick poses based on the area you are trying to stimulate, and there are always alternatives. Below is a document that we used in my training. Note that although "dragon' is its own category at the end, it is also listed under saddle pose--so any of the saddle variations can be used as alternatives to dragon, too.
https://paulgrilley.com/wp-content/u...thout-text.pdf

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 09:00 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Jessica Smith's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from the first Walk Strong set.

Beth: Awww re the baby turtle!

Paine: I plan to use Fluidity Beginner tomorrow, but will probably skip the C-curve abs.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 09:25 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, oh I love that Yin Yoga document! It's excellent. Thanks so much for sharing it! I can do saddle pose and half saddle without problems. I will do that next time in place of dragon pose. Thank you for the suggestion!
That was sweet of you to help the baby turtle!

Sandra, I look forward to hearing how the Fluidity Beginner workout was for you.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 10:36 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, glad the doc was so helpful! There is SUCH an emphasis in yin on doing whatever pose (and whatever variation of that pose) works for your body. I never liked saddle because I couldn't lie all the way back the "right" way--but I have found so many different versions of it that work for me!

I *hope* I helped the baby turtle...

I'm back in the office today. I had my first Zoom client session--very weird, but seemed to go okay.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-03-20, 11:42 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Squeeze (Upper Body work plus Waist, Legs, the "L", Buns and Final Stretch)

Beth, you'll get more comfortable as time goes on with your client sessions via Zoom.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 08:13 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Thursday!

Today's Workout: I started with Fluidity Beginner, but did not do the arms or abs exercises. I used to do lots of barre, but phased it out as my knees got crankier. However, Fluidity Beginner keeps the plie section pretty short, and I have no problem doing the fold over seat work. I finished with Add On Abs from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

I just ordered a new book from the library -- Zoom For Dummies!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 08:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, LOL about the Zoom for Dummies--I was just now playing with my Zoom settings on my laptop.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-04-20, 07:44 AM  
Garrie A.

Sandra, thanks for starting us off on our first experimental monthly check-in! I liked your idea of a monthly theme. For me, I'm experimenting with a weekly theme. I have a Fluidity bar and love it, too; however, I got a Fit Tower last year to use with Cathe's STS and now I use that whenever I do barre work, pull-ups, and even for Classical Stretch. But I equally love both. LOL on the Zoom for Dummies! I need that book. Ellen's Crunch Super Slim Down was my first experience with Ellen. It's been forever and a day since I've done it; I need to revisit it.

Paine, I've had to switch to early morning workouts during weekdays (getting up at 5:15-5:20 AM and start working out at 5:30). I hate doing it (prefer working out in the afternoon), but if I don't get it done by then it won't get done. This weekend will be a big exception, though. Although I've been working out in August, my motivation was out the can for that month. It's coming back though.

Beth, that is so sweet of you to help that baby turtle!

Mary, welcome! Our public library is still closed for the time being. I work two part-time jobs: assistant manager at a community college bookstore, and a group exercise instructor at the local community center. The college is closed to the public, although for rush we are offering curbside pickup. Unfortunately, the students have been too lazy to come by and pick up their order(s). And it's two weeks into classes! This entire pandemic has been (and still is) a learning curve for everybody.

Cyana, I'm a semi rotation failure. A few years ago I bailed on The Firm's 90 Day Rotation. Last year I almost completed ChaLean Extreme, but bailed on the final week. I'd love to do that program again with my own modifications, but probably not for 12 weeks. I'd also love to do a modified P90X rotation, keeping the strength and yoga workouts and subbing for the cardio. The only rotation I've ever completed is Cathe's STS, but right now I don't have the motivation to go for Round 2. I had plans to start it in November, but am not sure if that will happen. We'll see....

Waves all around; I'll be back in a minute to post my week.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 07:52 AM  
Garrie A.

As I mentioned above, I'm doing theme weeks. This week it's Cathe's Gym Styles (for upper body), Lower Body Blast, two cardio workouts (one step, one spin), and a barre workout to end the week.

So far:

Sunday:
30 minute Mow Max
Stretching on my own

Monday:
Gym Style Chest & Triceps

Tuesday:
Cathe's Party Rockin' Step 1 (I missed my step!)

Wednesday:
Cathe's Lower Body Blast (new-to-me; I loved it! To me it was a cross between two of her other lower body workouts: Legs & Glutes meets Butts & Guts. It contained a mix of weighted exercises, bodyweight exercises, gliding disc work, and floorwork (similar to B&G), but also had four cardio bursts sprinkled in (similar to the plyometric exercises in Legs & Glutes). There was also a bonus "leg conditioning drills" barre segment, but I didn't add this on since I needed to keep my workout at an hour. I plan to add this on to a shorter lower body workout.)

Thursday:
Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps

I'll be back later with today's choice.
CLX 6/19-9/19

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Old 09-04-20, 08:15 AM  
Garrie A.

No, Salem,

IT'S FRRIIIDDAAAYY!!!

CLX 6/19-9/19

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Tags
yoga headstand bench