Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-20, 10:01 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith 10 Minute Solution Belly Butt and Thigh Blasters (Better Booty Camp segment; Strong & Slim Thighs) on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyD...m&index=3&t=0s

That Jessica workout is all on YouTube. The 2 segments I did both used a looped band.

Hi Izzy/Mary, welcome to our group!

Beth, I like the look of that Mindful Strength Practice that you shared. Thank you for posting it!
As a transition you could take a walk around the block and perhaps do it as a walking meditation.

Sandra, My hair is about 7 inches below my shoulders so I have to put my hair in a bun or ponytail when I workout otherwise it will drive me nuts. Last week I cut 1 inch off my hair! That's the first time my hair has been cut since February.
I've always wondered about a fluidity barre.

Cyana, I'm a rotation failure also.
I hope your brother is doing better.

Carolyn, in your recent post in your Kundalini check-in, you had asked about how to post a seasonal check-in that would fit seasons of all countries. You could do it by the 4 Quarters of the year: 1st Quarter (Q1) is January 1 through March 31; 2nd Quarter (Q2) is April 1 to June 30, etc.

Anny, I continue to send you and your brother lots of support and healing thoughts.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 10:07 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I like the idea of going outside to transition! I will try that today. The only problem is that I know I will wimp out when the weather changes.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 12:04 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I'm not fond of weather extremes but for a short walk around the block, it's doable. Just put on a warm coat and wear a fleece scarf when it gets cold.
Old 09-01-20, 12:21 PM  
Izzy

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

My library started curbside in early June and opened with safety guidelines the second week of July at reduced hours. So far so good. We removed most of our lounging furniture and we only have limited public computers available at reduced usage times. But we kept out about 8 tables for those who need to study. They "check out" a chair and can use the table up to 2 hours. We have a university close by and a lot of MA and PHD students who need that quiet place to study. We struggle with needing to meet the needs of the community yet keeping staff and patrons safe. We are getting increased request for areas to tutor as school (remote learning) has started. Most patrons are compliant and accept the guidelines. A few older patrons miss their daily opportunities to sit and read the newspaper. It's all a learning curve.
Old 09-01-20, 06:04 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

As I've mentioned, for the month of September I decided to have a theme of barre/fusion workouts. This will make a nice change of pace from Margaret and traditional weight work, and will encourage me (I hope!) to pull some of my seldom-used DVDs off the shelf. With that in mind, for

Today's Workout: I did Crunch Super Slimdown with Ellen Barrett. It has to have been years since I've done this one, but it has survived several DVD purges so I knew I liked it. It was indeed nice to revisit! Loved Ellen and the music, and many of the moves felt so elegant yet still effective.

Mary: Thanks for describing some of what your library is doing. I believe we plan to start with appointments to use the public computers only -- no browsing, etc. I like the idea of "checking out" a chair to use at a table. I'll have to mention to branch management about temporarily removing lounge furniture!

Paine: Fluidity barres have been sold via infomercial for years (with the dubious claim you only needed 2 short sessions a week), and I think cost around $300. When some purchasers discovered they didn't care for them, lots of Fluidity Barres showed up on eBay, where my friend found the one I now have. I like that they are freestanding but sturdy enough to pull on without tipping. I like the DVDs, too (as they don't rep you to death) but the perky tune endlessly looped through the whole workout can be annoying!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 07:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Mary, I think that this entire pandemic is a big learning curve for everyone!

Paine, I did talk a little walk as my transition tonight--it was very nice! Still, I'm a cold wimp and probably will not be able to force myself to do it when it gets cold.

Sandra, sounds like you had a nice revisit with Ellen today. I thought of you when I read that tomorrow is going to be a Corn Moon!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-02-20, 10:58 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my planned rest day.

Sandra, I have several of the Fluidity DVDs and I like them. What I didn't like about my Cathe Fit Tower was I couldn't pull on it without it tipping. When we moved I got rid of my Cathe Fit Tower because I wasn't using it much.

Beth, I understand how you feel about not liking to walk outside when it's cold. I hated walking in the snow or with subzero temperatures.
Old 09-02-20, 04:25 PM  
Anny

Welcome Mary!

Sandra I haven’t done that Ellen workout for quite awhile but I remember it as being one of my favourites.

Beth sometimes I use a cup of tea as a transition activity. I’m with you in not loving to walk outside when it’s cold.

Paine I have never done any Fluidity workout.

A vey long work day yesterday and I don’t get home till after 8pm so my formal exercise session was yoga before bed. I did Yoga for Sleep from the book Thrive with yoga by Nicola Jane Hobbs. It must have helped as I slept better than I have been (I’ve been waking up at 4am recently and not being able to go back to sleep).
Old 09-02-20, 08:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I walked outside again today. I saw a baby turtle, a large fish, and several full-size turtles (we have a little pond in our community).

Anny, I like the idea of transitioning with tea when it gets cold! There have been times that I've come home from work (actual office work) and sat down with a cup of instant coffee to read for a bit before exercising.

I enjoyed this long restorative practice tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7R...L&index=4&t=0s

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-02-20, 08:51 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, that that restorative practice looks relaxing. Thanks for sharing it.
Aww I bet the baby turtle was fun to see. It's nice to see animals in nature.

Anny, I love the cup of tea as a transition activity. Great idea!

Tags
yoga headstand bench