Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-20, 01:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I'm back to posting, sad but still pushing on. We've been tending to the rest of our crew who have been been having some stress issues since it's definitely different around the house for all of us. Plus I've been dealing with a case of shingles, even after having all the vaccines. Not the best or happiest times recently, my Watulan friends. Thanks again for all the and support! It means a lot to me.

I'm still determined to finish my Cathe old to new rotation before the new ones come out. I figure since the presale ends on October 4th, that's when they are estimating shipping/downloads. If I'm diligent I should be able to finish up. I have one more workout from FitSplit to do later today. I plan to do double shred cardio and pull day, since yesterday I did double mixed impact and push day. Then it's on to Lite and Step Boss. I figure I can double up/combine a couple of the Lite workouts. I'm going to have to skip STS and actually intend to do the system again to see what kind of results I get this time. Honestly I didn't get much the first time and I was always hungry, hungry hungry.

Speaking of the new workouts, I'm glad to see the Mobility clip. I really need this one, particularly as I've been pushing pretty hard the last week and will be doing so to finish my "rotation" before the new releases. horusosiris, I'm also very "meh" about the lower body one based on the clips. It looked like the same moves as always. I do withhold judgment as sometimes even if the exercises are the usual, they can be combined in ways to make it more interesting. Linda, you made me smile with your comment about fantasizing about the premix possibilities. Glad you are still popping in here!

kittybug and anyone else who might be interested, KathyG sent me the Lives spreadsheet awhile back, and I've been keeping up with it. I'd be glad to send it to you if it would help. There are definitely a lot of choices!

Chele, glad you are enjoying Kat's workouts! I like them too and plan to circle back once I finish this rotation. I've also been fitting in some Marcus Irwin step. Oldies but goodies---very creative and fun!

Kate, you are definitely one strong and fierce Watulan! I used 15 pounds for shoulder presses for the push section of FitSplit, and I can't picture myself going any heavier than that. 25 pounds is great!!

manley, so sorry about your computer woes. Such a PITA! I have a Mac and a PC so fortunately when my old HP PC bricked after 13 months (boy I was mad--I have a couple of other brand laptops that are more than 10 years old that are slow but function, so I will never ever buy another HP laptop). On to workouts, I did the FitTower Boot Camp workout which I really enjoyed and was looking at buying the Total Body one as well. I do have the original Fit Tower, and surprising I was able to do the pull-ups! That's another reason for trying STS again so I can see if I am stronger than I was the first time around.

Kim, your talk about your hike makes me miss the PA woods for sure. I used to love the woods---so peaceful and serene. We do have trails here but we also have a whole lot of what DH calls the S word (snakes) so we don't go very often. Plus since we live in flatland there are no nice rolling hills or water falls.

bee, I like that you named your kitty Hobbes. I miss Calvin and Hobbes! And yes, pet him a lot since things can change very quickly.

Nathalie, I wouldn't mind the winters, since if it was too cold I would just stay home. Since I'm not working, that's an option. DH, on the other hand, is not convinced. He also has vowed to "never, ever, ever, shovel snow again" so not sure where that leaves us. We do get snow here sometimes and when it hits we are paralyzed as a city. There is no means of removing snow except on the major, major roads so it's bumper cars out there if it snows more than an inch (and I'm not exaggerating). But I also like the reward of a cooler summer, so don't know if Quebec City would be for us! DH is from the midwest and they also get weather extremes although they aren't as cold in the winter!

I know I had more comments, but don't want you guys saying "Moby Dick is back."

Hugs and waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 03:20 PM  
manleym

Hi All!

Looks like I'm up and runnin' again! YAY! Not sure what happened. Some weird glitch but it seems to work for now. Fingers crossed!

KateTT 25 lbs for shoulders is INSANE! I can barely hoist up 15's!! You are fierce, my friend!

Kittybug I would read your blog. I know alot of others would too. Maybe we could be guest posters. Or commenters.
If you get a copy of all the Lives, please share if you don't mind. I don't have Live - yet - but hope to some day. The list will help me narrow down the 300+ choices.

Bee I wouldn't survive 5 minutes where you live. It's gets below 60 and I'm pulling out jackets. You are tough to survive those winters!

Cataddict SHINGLES!!! How absolutely horrible and miserable! I am so sorry! Especially since you had the shots! That just flat out stinks!! A college friend recently got a shot and was posting about how bad the side effects were. I'm still leary (and just plain scared) of getting the vaccines but sure don't want shingles. Please take VERY GOOD care of yourself - physically and emotionally. Big hugs! And we're GLAD you're back!

Kim you're hike sounded lovely! How nice to have access to such beautiful nature. Wish I lived somewhere like that. Maybe some day. For now I will enjoy your adventures and picture the beauty.

Bee I know what you mean about that Michael Wong yoga practice. It was definitely a mover, but I really liked that is was different from what I have recently done. I had not done the grasshopper either, so it challenged me to try moves I haven't done before.

Horusosiris I think I remember "more of the same" being a comment on several of Cathe's latest series. I like that the lower body workout seems slow and controlled. Hopefully there will be some new twists and it will seem fresh.

Yesterday I did one of my new Tracie's - Signature Series 1 followed by Travis Short & Sweet 1. I thought of you Fanofladyvols! I liked SS 1, but not sure I loved it. It seemed like a good recovery workout - not that intense. I did love the good ole fashioned ankle weight floorwork at the end. It brought back memories of me in my parent's living room blasting my boom box, "toning" my legs with ankle weights.

Cathe's Fit Tower Advanced Bootcamp is on tap for today. I really like Total Body, so I'm hoping to like Bootcamp equally as well.

Waves and hugs to all! Sorry if I missed anyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 05:28 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All
I saw the clip of Cathe's mobility workout and loved it!

Manelym-
I am glad your computer woes are over! I am so hoping that there will be some fresh moves and sequencing. Funny, I also did Cathe's Fit Tower Advanced Boot Camp today

Cataadict- I hope that you are not suffering too much from your outbreak of shingles. I am told that shingles can be extremely painful. Hang in there! Never shoveling snow again sounds like plan to me. I still love that I get to enjoy all of the season and winter does not last too long in my part of the woods.

Here comes Hump Day!

Manelym and Cataddict- I too am really hoping for some new moves and/or new sequencing in the Perfect 30 leg workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 06:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Sooooo happy to see you, Cataddict, but terribly sorry about the shingles, UG! Enough already, right?? So you were vaccinated and still got it? That totally BLOWS! I also personally find that terrifying, as I never even had chicken pox as a kid and neither did my brother, despite us being exposed (we have no idea how that happened). Then he got chicken pox as a young adult and it wiped. him. out. and was really horrible, apparently. Some years ago, I was in a volunteer position that required immunity, and when they discovered I had no antibodies, they vaccinated me (phew!) but I don't know about the effectiveness of that or how that relates to shingles or any of it. Take care of you!!

Nathalie, our climate here might be more extreme than yours, or right up there with yours in a different way! We routinely get into the horrible negative temps and up into the triple digits depending on the season. If I had it my way, I'd be a snowbird and live in the desert southwest for winter and in the Pacific northwest for summer! Horusosiris, I agree...no more shoveling!! One year I had to shovel so much I broke our shovel.

Manleym, yay!!! So glad your computer is working again! Now, stop tempting me on the Fit Tower workouts that I don't have, darn it! And if I have you and Fanofladyvols reading some silly blog I wrote, that'd make me happy! I might just start one then.

ChelePA, happy Lawn Max-ing! Do you have fall leaves yet?

Today was Live number 4, Cardio and Weights which was a lot like RWH Circuit Upper Body only longer...it actually seemed way more cardio intensive in general than upper body work but she still got in there. I seem to have chosen a lot of metabolic/circuit workouts for this week. I think next week I'll have to mix it up and choose some heavier or more weight-focused workouts to balance things out! Of course, I am LOVING the Perfect 30 clips and perhaps those will be here soon enough, hee hee!!

Stay fierce, my strong, lovely friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 06:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

Nice to hear from you, cataddict. Yes, it totally blows that you now have shingles!! I have heard it's absolutely horrible. I keep thinking I should get the vaccine but then I remember how backlogged they were with it, and I realize I need my flu shot, and pretty soon it's an episode of "If You Give A Moose a Muffin" (and you probably have no idea what I'm talking about because I think you only have fur kids, correct?).

OMG, I agree with the rest of you..... 25 pounds for shoulder press is incredibly impressive, Kate!!! I can go 15 for some reps, but usually 12 pounds is my heavy.

Yes, the mobility clip looks great too! Funny how I had the opposite reaction on the lower body to some of you. To me it looked like she's mixing things up a bit more than usual. At any rate, I'm excited!!

manleym, good news on your computer!! That must be a relief.

I did not sleep well last night -- my younger son was loud and woke me up before midnight and then I was awake for many hours. So, I wanted something low key this morning. I took Kate's suggestion and realized that Celeste looked like she was going to be too much for me, so I picked an Emily-Clare Hill -- Be the You, You Want to Be I think it was called. I had done one of her's in the glute challenge and I remember liking her. I really enjoyed this practice today. It seemed a bit tougher than what I thought I was up for, but it was good that I was pushed (their rating system seems pretty accurate -- this was a 2). It was filmed out in a woodsy area, so that was nice!

I need to sleep better tonight so I can hit some Cathe again tomorrow. Stay well.
Old 09-22-20, 09:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi again, all,

Today I finished FitSplit with double shred cardio and pull day. On to Lite! I count 11 more workouts to do to complete my rotation. I'm really down to the wire in completing it before the new releases. I also did ShrubMax, since I had to tame a large privet that has grown out of control next to our deck. We are finally getting it sealed this week so I needed to clear the area around it. Fortunately our weather has been fantastic so it wasn't a terrible chore.

My case of shingles has been relatively mild, due to having the vaccines. It just reminded me that vaccines aren't 100% effective. It's more annoying than painful although it's been a little difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position. It's on the right side of my back. I'm grateful that it hasn't been much worse, as I have a friend who suffered miserably from it. That said, it seems like it's gone on forever (several weeks, although it appears to finally be slowly getting better), and yes, it most definitely blows!!

manley, I didn't really have bad side effects from the shots. I had the first shot at the same time as the flu shot, and the Shingrix arm was sore, but no other side effects. I actually worked out after I got the shot and the dr. told me that was probably a good idea since it dispersed the vaccine throughout my body more quickly and diluted any side effects.

kittymax, the way you feel about chickenpox (which I did have) is the way I feel about measles since I have never had either kind. I'm supposedly immune at this point, but still I wonder. And I would read your blog too!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 08:50 AM  
ChelePA

So sorry to hear about the Shingles diagnosis. Glad it’s not severe. Good for you continuing with exercise. You ladies always amaze me. No excuses.

Another Kat step video this morning. Advanced #4. She labeled it choreography overload. I thought I might have difficulty with it. But it actually was much easier than some other workouts. Many of the moves were very familiar from Cathe routines. Hoping to add some weight work this evening. Yesterday. we finished getting our yard prepared for fall. Lawn cut. All the trees, bushes, flowers were overgrown so they needed a big trim Plus new mulch around trees.

I’m really liking the Cathe clips. Plus music seems decent. Looking forward to more videos!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 11:34 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

cataddict: I send you love and the best energy ever for you and your family. Such a crappy tough year!! 25 lbs for shoulder presses was HARD!

manleym: Travis' practices are awesome. Dang, there is SO MUCH great Yoga online! Those 25s definitely took me to failure!

bee: I have been doing Emily-Clare practices all week so far. She's lovely!!

Waves and hugs to everyone! Fierce baby, fierce!

Yesterday I did an older Body Attack 57. No matter old or new, these are fun, fun, FUN cardio workouts! I never get bored and Lisa Osbourne is so great and inspiring.
Yoga was Udaya/Emily-Clare Hill Fearless Heart Flow. Lots of great backbends.

Today was STS Meso 2 Disk 23 – Legs. I need heavier dumbells. I have up to 30s and have my Plate Mates, but I think I need some 35s.

I followed that right away with Udaya/Emily-Clare Hill Pre Class Glutes. Some toning, some stretching. Very nice after leg day.

Take care! Think I'll go check out Cathe's workout clips!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 11:41 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! cataddict, congrats on finishing FitSplit -- you are so close! I have a feeling you'll get those all in before the new ones arrive.

Kate, could you use a barbell for the heavier stuff, or you really need dumbbells? I am curious what your answer will be because my son was hounding me for heavier dumbbells for chest work, and for that I really think he ought to just use a barbell -- in fact, I think for chest work a barbell may be safer -- but I'm definitely curious to hear your answer because with all your experience I'm sure you have some perspective I do not.

This morning I tried a Celest yoga -- well, after doing the cardio portion of Circuit Blast -- that is a great quickie if anyone needs some higher intensity cardio in 23 minutes. For yoga I picked Positive Mind, Healthy Body. It was also rated a 2, but this was definitely easier than I found Emily-Clare's yesterday. I like both of them as instructors -- they seem like they could be in my friend group.

I could not find the Upper Body clip that has theoretically surfaced but I will keep looking. Have a great day!!!
Old 09-23-20, 01:24 PM  
manleym

Cataddict glad to hear your case is mild. I've heard it can be REALLY painful. And glad you didn't have any side effects from the vaccinations. It's not knowing how I'll respond that scares me. But as DH says, better a day or two of not feeling well than a full blown case of shingles.
Yay for finishing Fit Split! On to the next Cathe series to conquer!

Bee sorry you didn't sleep well the other night. That's no fun. I have Emily-Clare Hill's Stretch and Sweat on my agenda today! I really like her too. And the Cathe clips are now up. I like using the resistance band, so I was happy to see it!

KateTT it is so hard to pick a yoga because there's so much good stuff out there! Wish I had more time to play!!

ChelePA agree that the music in Cathe's Perfect seems decent. Nothing glaring or horrible yet. I'm hoping for some decent music and awesome premixes!

Horusosiris we were workout twins the other day! I did Legs, Glutes, and Core and liked it as well. I'm really liking the Fit Tower Advanced workouts! There's really not much to modify, so that good. So if anyone is considering (ahem - kittybug) I would totally recommend them. I don't have a Fit Tower and not sure it's really needed. Only for some pull-ups but there not that many of them so you could sub another move. Not sure what just yet, but there has to be something!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Waves to Nathalie, Kim, and anyone else I accidently missed!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in