Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-20, 09:30 AM  
fanofladyvols

Jules wowee, you're a Beast! I can't imagine hybridizing Body beast and STS. Thanks for the encouragement to blend.

Kim I have opted out of indoor workouts for outdoor ones...even if I did them at lower intensity. Outdoor hikes in the woods is a real thing too....they call it 'forest bathing!' So the 'hill bathing' you did I'm sure had the same effect...soothing your nervous system. Good for you!

Yesterday was SS Cardio sculpt express. Only 2 SS workouts left. And no, I still haven't decided what to do next week..haha

Sweet Sunday wishes to all Fitchicks near and far!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 07:15 PM  
Mickey12

Linda, we definitely did some forest bathing today. We went to Ricketts Glen State Park, a little over an hour from our house and did 7.5 miles through old hemlocks and streams and waterfalls. The summer has been quite dry though, so the water falls were not so spectacular. We were pooped! It was another gorgeous day though, so I’m so glad we enjoyed it outside.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 01:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi chicks!! Busy days!

horusosiris: I do not have any of the Squat Rack Leg workouts so yes, I'll be doing Plyo Legs. I feel like I need the extra cardio blast.

Kim: I just love talking about workouts. You all understand! Like my excitement over my Plate Mates. You get it!

Linda: I HAVE to stretch! Mobility and flexibility are super important to me as I get older.

Jules: A little extra Yoga will help! Might be the break your body needs? We have smoke here too from the CA fires.

Catching up:
Last Thursday was LMOD Body Step 119. Brand new and super fun. I had a "wheaties" kind of day and just went for it.
Later on Gaia Yoga and Cameron Gilley Hatha Foundations. Mellow!

Friday was STS Meso 2 Disk 21 - Back and Biceps. I LOVE LOVE the Double Wave loads. I think that's my favorite way to lift and I can get heavier!
No Yoga that day as I had errands. I did do Cameron's Hatha practice again Sat and Sun because it was just so mellow and nice.

Today was STS Meso 2 Disk 22 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and entering the final week of Meso 2. This was a shorter workout about 42 minutes so I added on STS No Equipment Abs. I went up to 25lbs for shoulder presses and failed! That was heavy!
The Core workout is excellent!! I've only done that once before and at about 17 minutes, perfect add on. Hits all areas of the core very well and was just fun.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 03:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim took a cue from you and went for a walk to enjoy the weather yesterday for part of my workout. Weather was lovely. Your home sounds perfect. You definitely made the best choice!

Jules I finally decided on my rotation and it's a hybrid..but not anything I was considering before..haha! I plan to take a recovery week after this rotation and making it all yoga and Classical stretch. I look forward to it!

Kate love reading about your workouts but you mentioned something I don't understand ( I don't have STS). What's a double wave load?

horusosiris did you pre-order Cathe's Perfect 30 series?

After my walk yesterday I did Cool it off and it was a super relaxing workout. Normally I wouldn't have the patience for such a long workout that is stretchy but I guess I needed it.

Today I began my Brazil Butt Lift and Supreme 90 hybrid rotation. I'm eliminating a few of the S90 workouts and only doing both for a month. I did BBL Bum Bum and SS Keep it up today. I actually wimped out on a few of the reps for floorwork. My booty threw up the white flag..haha. I have never done either of these sets so looking forward to the adventure.

Happy Lifting Monday Fitchicks!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 09-21-20, 04:17 PM  
Jules

Monday already - the weekend went so fast! Too bad the Vikings are not playing so well. It is going to be a loooonnnng season for them if they don't improve. I enjoyed watching the Seahawks and Patriots last night - great game!
I also got to go to the high school homecoming game on Friday night. My daughter is in marching band and they played at halftime. It is the one game they are allowed to perform in this year.

Yoga has been going great. I am looking at it as much-needed physical therapy for some of my tight spots that haven't been taken care of in a long time, like my hips, glutes, neck, shoulders and jaw. I am not loosening up yet, but hopefully will notice a difference soon. I was pleased that I was able to hold lizard pose for the entire 3 minutes in UY Yin yesterday. That pose is a challenge for me. Today I did UY Cardio. Love the 2nd half of that one when the hard work is done!

Gotta go do my bus duty again. I'll be back for personals in a bit.....

Linda: Sounds like a fun rotation with tons of variety! I've got Supreme 90 but have never tried BBL.

Kate: I can't believe you are almost done with Meso 2! I like the double wave loads but it makes those workouts run a little bit longer if I remember correctly. Our smoke cleared up after the rain on Saturday. I hope it cleared for you as well!

Kim: I am jealous of your forest hike!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 07:31 PM  
Mickey12

Jules you're making me want to do UY! I totally agree about the second part of Cardio. It feels incredible to be done with all that hard work! Regarding Yin, I also find Lizard pose challenging, but not for the hip flexors. It starts to bother my shoulders. I am not very flexible so I have to do that pose on my hands instead of my forearms. It's a lot of weight for 3 minutes. Great accomplishment for holding it the entire time!

Tonight I finished the second section of Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 #3. This time I did the weight tracks. It's 37 minutes, high rep, compound moves. There really isn't any dedicated weight work for the legs, just things like lunges and sumo squats while doing upper body weights so it's good for a day when you don't want to work the legs too hard. There is a 3 minute ab section at the end. I really like the set, which she mentioned is her home, because it's so bright and I love all the woodwork and stone fireplace. I think I will probably do the cardio portion of this workout more than the weights, or maybe just do the combined cardio/weights option for less than the full workout.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 11:29 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh crap! I just typed out a long post and it didn't post. Grrr.

Linda: Double Wave loading is like Pyramid but not going up and down. Start with 70% of one rep max for 12 reps. Then add 5% more weight and do 10 reps. Then add 5% more weight again for 8 reps. Then you just repeat, hence the "double" part.

Jules: The Vikings are back to sucking. One week break from STS next week (per Cathe) and then on to Meso 3. Some of the workouts were just over an hour, but these last three are all under 50 minutes.

Kim: Jari sure has some great workouts! I don't think I've ever seen #3. I actually LOVE Lizard pose!

Yesterday I did an older Body Attack 57. No matter old or new, these are fun, fun, FUN cardio workouts!
Yoga was Udaya/Emily-Clare Hill Fearless Heart Flow. Lots of great backbends.

Today was STS Meso 2 Disk 23 – Legs. I need heavier dumbells. I have up to 30s and have my Plate Mates, but I think I need some 35s.

I followed that right away with Udaya/Emily-Clare Hill Pre Class Glutes. Some toning, some stretching. Very nice after leg day.

Stay well everyone!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 09-23-20, 01:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kate thanks for answering my question! I have never heard of that but it sounds like a great way to shake things up!

Jules how's your yoga week going?

Kim you have told me all I need to h we to confirm that I'm confident I'd like that Jari. Thanks!!

Yesterday was Karen Voight Half and Half cardio & Hessel AM Pilates. Today was
CS #1114 spine flexibility. Added KV's Half and Half warm-up to S90 Chest/Back. Loved it! Been missing my weightlifting gloves and dumbbells.

Happy Hump Day, Fitchicks!!

Old 09-23-20, 06:52 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kate thanks for answering my question! I have never heard of that but it sounds like a great way to shake things up!

!
When I lift this way I get way stronger. I love STS...gotta be one of the best strength sets out there!

Old 09-24-20, 11:41 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey girls!
Today I pulled out an old Body Step #50 today. Hard to believe they are up to 113 now on their LMOD site. I was dripping!!

Contemplating what I want to do next week for my week break before Meso 3????
Bob Harper?
Amy Dixon?

So many workouts, so little time.

FYI: Grandson Maddex is ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!!! He's such a charmer! Birthday party is Saturday - can't wait to see everyone..it has been too long with all the covid distancing crap.

Take care!