Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-25-16, 08:35 AM  
deineira

I found that ART workouts helped thin my thighs and hips. Cathe's Low Impact Series had a lot of glider work and that thinned my thighs as well. Those are the only workouts I can single out for specifically giving me those results. I, too, can gain muscle and get bulky quickly, so those workouts were particularly successful for me.

I also just started a CS subscription in hopes that I could use those workouts to slim my thighs a bit more. I need to get more diligent about adding them in. I'm starting with Season 11, which focuses on weight loss, and then selecting ones that focus on lower body. Too early to report on results, but I do love the workouts in general and in just 2 weeks my flexibility had increased noticeably.

What doesn't seem to work for me is lots of heavy weight work for lower body. I tried that a few times hoping to get slimming results but that was a bust for me. It seems to work for others, though.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 08:57 AM  
seww

Walk, Walk and walk!
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 09:05 AM  
PhyllisG

Tracey Anderson and walking. Also FeFit rotation got me back into my skinny nears....comfortably.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 09:27 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I can't believe you haven't found anything on slimming the thighs . That topic pops up here more than...well, pretty much more than anything! People often mention having great results with barre, Tracy Anderson, and ballet type workouts. Oh, and Tonique! People have mentioned great results with Tonique. Of course, you'll also find people who "bulk" up as well, so YMMV. Do a search for barre, ballet, or Tonique and I'll bet you have better luck!

Here's a thread I found when I did a tag search:

Lean the Legs
This is pretty much my response to every "leaner thighs" thread Barre is my mainstay, but TAM and Tonique also contribute. About four years ago my legs got leaner than ever in my life, when I gave up heavy weights for the lower body and moved to high rep/no or very light weight work. I count my calves too, for YEARS I could never wear those lovely knee high riding boots that are so fashionable, and one year I realized I could slip them on with EASE (room to spare)...not wide shaft or anything. Now I have a collection

Inner thighs are tough, and definitely everything is related to genetics. I still have issues there, but certainly barre work helps with overall leaning. I also experienced some leeway in that area doing a concentrated TAM rotation (Omni/Abcentric).
Old 08-25-16, 09:57 AM  
noodles

Interesting how different we are. I got rather flabby and lost tone when I did Tonique for 3 months and respond the best when doing heavy weights along with plyo type workouts. Recently I added Orange Theory gym training twice/week which is highly metabolic/ Hiit interval training to get the after burn effect and I've noticed my legs slimmed down significantly within 6 weeks to reveal the muscle - I've unintentionally lost weight and have had many comments from coworkers who've noticed which is always nice
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 10:06 AM  
Demeris

I seem to remember Red Panda having great success by tacking on the standing portions of V-Core to her regular workouts.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 10:37 AM  
cherimac

Again, Pilates. Barre made my legs strong but thick. Pilates leaned them out. BUT, I follow the Pilates by Lisa schedule and she does a lot of lower body work. Not easy.

Everyone is so different, aren't they?
Old 08-25-16, 10:58 AM  
donnamp

I recommend a combo of walking, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Margaret Richard's lower body work (which is mostly floorwork) and Pilates.

My body type is somewhere between an ectomorph/mesomorph and I'm a bottom heavy hourglass, but not a true pear.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 11:00 AM  
SueT

Donna, which pilates workouts would you suggest?

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 11:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Sue,

I really just use a variety of Pilates DVDs and some streaming - I use 10 Min Solutions, Element's DVDs, some "oldies' like Jennifer Kries' Method DVDs, Ana Caban, etc. I have also found some on line like Robin Long/The Balanced Life and Pilates by Lisa. I haven't subscribed to Pilates By Lisa - but I have done the handful of freebies she has on her site and they are good. If you are looking to work your legs, I would just focus on the practices that have a lot of lower body work - side series, bridge work, etc.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debulking, inner thighs, leaning out, overdeveloped quads, sculpting, season 11, thigh slimming, thighs