Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-11, 01:52 PM  
isebelleg44

Amazon Trade in Question

I just traded in 29 dvds and a few were ones I never even did, but they downgraded the status from as good as new to good. Anyone understand their criteria for a dvd to be considered as good as new. Thanks!
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 02:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Perhaps the cases didn't look new?
I sent in several boxes - one was accepted as like-new, the other downgraded. But honestly, the price difference was very little, usually .05-.20 per DVD.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 02:38 PM  
noraW

I dont understand it either. One of my trade-ins was a sealed copy and it was downgraded to good. How much newer can it get? LOL
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 02:58 PM  
sherry7899

Nora, that is weird! I sent off a box a few days ago. I hope they take everything.

Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 05:08 PM  
isebelleg44

It doesn't make much of a difference $ wise, but I was curious what it takes for something to be considered good as new. I think I'll contact them and find out.
Old 07-15-11, 09:28 PM  
ellaenchanted

Hmm, I never had any downgraded. I just sent them on and got my GC as expected. I just assumed they always considered them to be "good." Is there somewhere you can choose a descriptor when you put them in for trade?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 02:33 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post
I dont understand it either. One of my trade-ins was a sealed copy and it was downgraded to good. How much newer can it get? LOL
exact thing happened to me

maybe it's an anti-Nora plot

knocked all of 10 cents off the price
Old 07-16-11, 09:42 AM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

I was trading in a DVD-R and the Amazon page specifically says it's a DVD-R -- in fact, it's one the instructor published through Amazon's own CreateSpace program. Same UPC code, cover, everything. They sent it back saying it was an "unauthorized copy!" I think I'll contact Amazon about it.

They did upgrade one of mine from Good to Like New. I marked it as good because there was a ding in the case, but either they missed it or didn't care about the ding.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 12:16 PM  
KathAL79

I don't know how much this helps, because this is from the Amazon Marketplace Seller's Guide, but here are there Condition Guidelines for Books and Condition Guidelines for Videos & DVDs. There seems to be some variation in how people interpret these, even though they are pretty clear.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 12:28 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
I don't know how much this helps, because this is from the Amazon Marketplace Seller's Guide, but here are there Condition Guidelines for Books and Condition Guidelines for Videos & DVDs. There seems to be some variation in how people interpret these, even though they are pretty clear.
This does help clear up what is considered to be like new, but we only have the two options when submitting our trade ins and this link has more. I hadn't seen this, so thank you for linking it.

Tags
amazon, amazon trade-in program, amazon.com