Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-29-11, 04:43 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

1. mood regulation
2. feeling healthy and fit
3. vanity (this factors into the types of workouts I like, but so much into the reasons I work out -- right now at age 30 and with my body type, it doesn't take all that much exercise to be slim and have visible muscles, though I know this will change)
Old 07-29-11, 05:10 PM  
desertMermaid

1) I'm not the most calm and collected person. I can be very easily agitated and annoyed. So I exercise so that I can function as a human being in everyday life. I NEED my exercise time, it's my method of stress management.

2) When I get old, I want to be fit and active. I want to be independent and capable. I want to still have my wits about me, and I want to never stop being able to enjoy life. I want to stay young as long as possible.

3) I enjoy being healthy, and having a strong heart.

4) Vanity - I like how it makes me look. I like being toned and fit.

4) It's fun and I enjoy it.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 10:21 PM  
mandie123

I just love to workout and it has helped me thru some bad times,plus have health issues that I know would be alot worse if not for daily workouts!
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 04:30 AM  
minivanmom

Like many others I started because of vanity but over the years my focus has changed to health. This point was driven home to me when I found out just this week that I am still in the best health risk class for my life insurance renewal at 50 and got a very good rate. So glad I have stuck with exercise all these years even if I am a bit "thicker" than I was 10 years ago.
minivanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 06:16 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
1) I'm not the most calm and collected person. I can be very easily agitated and annoyed. So I exercise so that I can function as a human being in everyday life. I NEED my exercise time, it's my method of stress management.
That's another of my reasons, especially lately.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 09:42 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

1-I really LOVE working out.

2-It keeps my pain level to a minimum and makes moving around easier

3-I have a deep appreciation of being able to move. Sometimes we take something as simple as walking for granted, but when something happens and even walking becomes impossible, you appreciate being able to just walk.

4-Since my accidents and surgeries, my birthdays have become milestone markers for me. Each year I try to set mini goals and that is what I work to attain. These mini goals helps to keep me focused on my main goal, not to have to spend a day in bed due to an injury.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 12:43 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

I do regular daily yoga to help manage the spasms and fatigue of a genetic muscle disorder.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 02:21 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

In no particular order -

Vanity - I like for my preferred size of clothes to fit well and look good.

Mental health - sweat gives me mental clarity and boosts my mood. I never feel worse after a workout.

Functional fitness - I like being strong enough to blow throw a heavy revolving door without thinking about it, lift cases of water/beer or pull myself out of a pool without struggling, etc.

Protecting against ageing - seeing how infirm and weak some elderly and not-so-elderly people are is a reminder to me to work on my strength, balance and flexibility now so I can enjoy its benefits later

Fun - I like talking about workouts and nutrition

Physical health - I have hereditary high cholesterol and an elevated risk of ovarian cancer. Everything and anything I can do to gain heart health and protect against cancer, I will do.