Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-11, 08:54 PM  
cowfishpro

Who has Classical Stretch original Back Pain Relief/ Stress Relief and Osteoporosis?

I've had these 2 DVDs on my wish list for some time, but I wonder if they are worth investing in. I already have CS for Men (which I LOVE), all of Season 6, all of Season 4, the Express Workouts, Vol 1/Athletic Stretch, and Arms & Legs/Butt & Thighs.

I've tried reading about these but would like more input to make an informed decision.

The Back Pain Relief/Stress Relief are described as more gentle than typical Miranda workouts, and someone not suffering from pain or not needing back relief may find these too gentle.

As for the Osteoporosis workout, is there anything unique on there that makes it better for Osteoporosis prevention than any of Miranda's other workouts?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 04-25-11, 09:06 PM  
daisysunshine

I have the original back pain one (thanks to Lucky!) when i was having issues. it was really good to have. it's nice to have if you suffer from pain or prevent back issues.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 09:37 PM  
fidget012

I have back pain relief & I love it for lower back pain. I don't pick it up if I'm not having back issues, but you could. I like the other classical stretches better for just working out.
fidget012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 10:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
I have the original back pain one (thanks to Lucky!) when i was having issues. it was really good to have. it's nice to have if you suffer from pain or prevent back issues.
Glad it helped. xoxo
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 10:57 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have the original Back Pain Relief and like it better than the new one. She seems to go deeper into stretches with the original. I like the episodes in her new series for back pain and flexibility, too.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 06:25 AM  
Missiscipi

I love the back pain dvd when I am having issues, it fixes me right up. Also the Stress Relief section is great for neck tightness and for relaxing
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 08:32 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post

The Back Pain Relief/Stress Relief are described as more gentle than typical Miranda workouts, and someone not suffering from pain or not needing back relief may find these too gentle.

As for the Osteoporosis workout, is there anything unique on there that makes it better for Osteoporosis prevention than any of Miranda's other workouts?
It is gentle, & the Stress Relief is really extremely gentle!
I love the Back Pain workout for when my back is hurting, because it has always taken the pain away.

Since you have Season 4, you have 2 good episodes on it for back pain. The Back Pain dvd is a bit more intense, or maybe more focused, than those. They're not quite as good for me at actually relieving a flare up, but are still very good.

I don't remember an osteoporosis segment...maybe a different dvd than mine.

If you don't suffer from back pain, I don't think you'd need this one.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 08:51 PM  
sundari

T - I will go ahead and confuse you a bit I had the original Back Pain DVD and I got rid of it because it caused me more back pain. I have Season 4 and like the two Back Pain episodes as well as the whole series. But Miranda's new Back Pain Relief DVD is the best. Totally worth purchasing. The 14 minute low back pain segment is excellent for being so short. The only segment I haven't tried is the upper back and that is because I don't have upper back issues.
Old 04-29-11, 06:39 PM  
cowfishpro

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I don't really have back problems, as least not to the point where I'm incapacitated by pain. Just the usual stiff back stuff or sciatic issue occasionally.

So no one has the Osteoporosis DVD? I was curious what that was like.
Old 04-29-11, 06:57 PM  
TinaT

I have owned both versions of her back pain relief and feel both are wonderful. I do however favor her newest release a tad bit more. Can't live without it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, cs back pain relief, cs stress relief, miranda esmonde-white