Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-11, 08:15 AM  
Becky

Question Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Question

So I rented TA Meta Omni Disc 2 (the only one available at the time) from Kineticflix just to get an idea of what it's like.

I did the workout Day 31-40 and I really, really liked it! It was very challenging and am nicely sore this morning.

I already have the PD series and her 30-Day Method book and DVD, which I really like. But I love the bright airy set of Meta, and Tracy smiles! So I'm seriously considering buying this now.

But my question is this: Does anything come in the set, like a book or an instructional DVD that explains, fully in detail, the moves she is doing? I know she sort of instructs on the very first move and I don't mind the no instruction after, but if I had a book with pictures and details, or an instructional DVD like in her 30-Method one, I think I would feel more confident about my form.

Thanks!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:52 AM  
Buzzer

No. Just the quick intro she does with the cardio disc, but that doesn't have form pointers or anything. I do two things:
1. I watch TA's hips to see if she's rotating them or moving them in the moves. Too much hip movement and your low back is working, so I watch what she's doing.

2. I rely heavily on my pilates & barre training. I keep my spine in neutral, keep my abs tight and long, extend and reach through my working arm or leg, and keep my belly button pulled back to my spine.

She really isn't one for instruction, and I have no idea how people without any base for exercise get anything out of her Meta series! I have Omni & it really is a good workout! HTH
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta