Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-10, 09:47 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
Thanks! I'll look into these as well...I have Core Fusion Thighs & Glutes ordered & on its way. The only thing that concerns me is my suspicions on the energy/pacing/tempo/music of these barre type workouts...I tend to like a more enthusiastic, energy-inducing workout rather than anything too calming or soothing that might send me back to bed (ha-ha!). Are there any out there that like that?
Here are some more high-energy barre workouts:

Physique 57: Some feel that these are quad-intensive but I get great total-body results from them.

Core Fusion Lean & Toned: Contrary to their earlier dvds, this one is shot in a class format and much more dynamic. Love it!

Cardio Barre: Not a Lotte Berk-type barre workout but a fast-paced fusion of ballet and callistenics. The upper body and lower body bonus workouts (15 min. each) on the Ultimate Advanced dvd would be great for your goals.

Squeeze Stronger: An athletic take on the barre genre - very dynamic.

iSculpt Ballet (from www.itrain.com): Audio barre workouts with good, upbeat music. I think you should already be familiar with barre form to get the most of of these. Awesome for the glutes.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 10:50 AM  
Inchworm

I agree with Barre Workouts. I love the Bar Method and you may want to wear sneakers if being on your toes is problematic. I wear sneaks for that reason and still get an amazing barre workout. If you are familiar with the Squeeze workouts, Tracy wears sneakers during her practice too.

Good luck. I would like to thin my arms out as well, it's a toughy.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 11:01 AM  
neatski

Hahaha, I knew the barre ladies would get involved!

You know, I am a fast-paced, dynamic workout addict, but for some reason I adore barre workouts. They're such a change of pace. I think you should definitely try one and see how you like it. And, based on what you're saying about squats and lunges, they might be an excellent way to tone your lower body- they work your muscles completely differently.

Oh, and I like Tonique too, but that workout is almost entirely squats and lunges- given that you can't do lunges, I wouldn't bother with it.

Out of the Jari Love ones you have, my favorite is Get Ripped to the Core. It's a lot of compound exercises, so you can modify the lunges and squats but still get a great total body workout (plus a cardio component, depending on how hard you work it!)

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 11:39 AM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
Oh, and I like Tonique too, but that workout is almost entirely squats and lunges- given that you can't do lunges, I wouldn't bother with it.
AND she hates squats, so I think Tonique is definitely out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
I agree with Barre Workouts. I love the Bar Method and you may want to wear sneakers if being on your toes is problematic. I wear sneaks for that reason and still get an amazing barre workout. If you are familiar with the Squeeze workouts, Tracy wears sneakers during her practice too.

Good luck. I would like to thin my arms out as well, it's a toughy.

Kelly
To expand on what Kelly said, both the Bar Method and Core Fusion instructors tell you that if you have knee issues to not come up high on your toes. One of the thigh sequences in Bar Method CYB Burr only bring the heels one inch off the ground, so if you wear sneakers and don't raise your heels high you'll still get good results.

ETA: As far as arm thinning, I've read in other threads about Tracy Anderson's unweighted arm exercises being helpful. I personally don't know because I haven't tried them...yet.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 01:51 PM  
Aurora C.

OMG! You guys ROCK! I'm so excited that Exhale Core Fusion Lean & Toned is already on it's way from kineticflix.com, as well as Squeeze Lower Body Challenge - they'll probably get here tomorrow! I love all these brilliant suggestions! I am looking into all of them to see what works! What a brilliant & resourceful community! ...I love video fitness forum, thank you all so much for your input!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 08:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion always hits me in the inner thighs, and Ellen is all about stretching/elongating. And she incorporates barre. The workout clocks at 45 minutes, though.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 09:51 AM  
IvysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
tonique mat workout doesn't have any. and the 3 segments are all 30 minutes or less.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 03:18 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
tonique mat workout doesn't have any. and the 3 segments are all 30 minutes or less.
Ditto. Also, if you have a soccer ball, try squeezing that between your inner thighs. For the shoulder cap, bent arm lateral raises are your answer.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 04:06 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I agree about the barre suggestions, although I feel the best for inner thighs in Fluidity (but it's probably not worth the investment up front).

IBallet and ISculpt Combination have some great segments for the lower body and inner thighs. Also, the mood is upbeat.

I'll just suggest two more things that I think are particularly good for inner thighs: Winsor Pilates Buns & Thighs (this is short ~17min, so very doable), and Karen Voight's Total Core Pilates (the one that uses a Pilates Magic Circle).
Old 07-12-10, 04:25 PM  
azuniga

I see some mentioning of Iballets for the inner thighs, which ones are the best for them.

TIA
azuniga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30-40 minute workouts, inner thighs, shoulder caps, strength training, upper arms