Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-20, 08:36 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers week of Sept 20th

Morning ya’ll. Just starting us off. I have everything set up to do PHA3 shortly and will be back to check in. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 12:42 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - Thanks for starting us off. Enjoy PHA3.

Gibbee - Glad to hear the elbow is doing better.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 04:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Wow guys. Woke up this morning to 65 degrees and even now it’s only about 72 degrees. It feels wonderful. It looks like the whole week will be cooler than normal and I am thankful.

Jbliff I did enjoy PHA3 very much. I definitely felt the cardio effect. I did the PHA stretch and then tacked on most of the lying extended stretch bonus. Is your weather still cool?

Have a nice Sunday everyone. Kareng
Old 09-21-20, 08:54 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. My dad left this morning for home so I'm feeling kind of blue. Not sure if I'll accomplish much but that's okay for today. I was going to (for real) start CLX and running but now I'm considering the CLX/TurboFire hybrid rotation with running. I'm not happy at all with my abs and I was remembering how much kickboxing does for them. I need to decide so I can start today.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 12:18 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body + Sara Ivanhoe core power segment from her Yoga Target Zone DVD. I thought the yoga poses were good but she didn't repeat them enough for me to feel them in my core.

Karjoy
- PHA3 is definitely the most aerobic of all the PHA workouts. Yes, it is quite cool here still. We were in the 40s last night and will be in the mid 60s today. The hottest it'll be all week is 81 on Wednesday.

Vannie
- Kickboxing is definitely great for the abs. I hope you and your dad had a nice visit.

Did everyone see the clip for Cathe's Lower Body Pump? It looks good and tough!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 09-22-20, 06:58 AM  
Cher

Saturday’s workout was Keoni’s 12 Minute Happy Dance Walk and Barlates Lazy Day workout both off YouTube. Sunday was a 40 Minute Walk. Yesterday was LITE Stacked Upper Body Tricep, Chest & Shoulder premix and Travis Eliot’s Inner Dimension TV (IDTV) Yoga For Beginners Day 1 Mountain Pose Series. I also went for about a 30 minute walk after dinner. I finally broke down and did the 50% off deal for IDTV. I really need to do more of this type of stuff so we’ll see if this gets me doing it. Decided to start with the Yoga for Beginners Program. Today’s was okay. A little boring but I think I would’ve like this better if my arms weren’t so tired from the LITE premix right before since there is lots of arms up stuff.

Karen - Thanks for starting us off. Enjoy your cooler weather week.

Vannie - ((Hugs)) about your dad leaving. That has to be hard when your family lives so far. What workouts did you decide on?

JBliff - Lower Body Pump looks good.

Waves Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 12:49 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes.

Cher - Is IDTV a streaming service? I don't think I have heard of it. Check out the new Cathe mobility clip. It looks awesome. It might be my most anticipated workout. I've really gotten into stretching these days.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 09-22-20, 07:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Short post. I ran 4 miles after work. It was about 80 degrees and humid but I’ll take it over 90+ degrees and humid any day. It was a cool 60 degrees this am. Hope it lasts.

Jbliff those mobility workouts look great! I am looking forward to them too. At first I thought it would be all Yoga, but the pictures and clips show that it is not all Yoga.

Cher and Vannie good to hear from you.

Thinking of you Gibbee, kareng
Old 09-23-20, 05:08 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s Miracle Miles 5 Mile dvd. I did Miles 3 & 5. Then I did Day 2 of IDTV Yoga For Beginners Half Sun Salutations.

On Monday there was a hit and run accident on the freeway where a construction worker got hit and killed. We found out last night it was a friend of Joseph’s brother. The guy’s mother was also Joseph’s 3rd grade teacher who we have come to know over the years. He was only 26 years old. What is the other kicker is that he was a 3 time cancer survivor. He was originally diagnosed with leukemia at 6 yrs old and just recently was diagnosed as cancer free. It is so sad and I feel so bad for the family. I hope they can at least get enough clues to catch the guy that hit him. Of course, Joseph didn’t need to hear this with his anxiety either and it sort of set him into a tizzy giving him another panic attack and a bit of a meltdown about people dying. (Our 90 year old next door neighbor died Saturday night at her house and we had all the 911 emergency vehicles in front of our house....Joseph had a hard time with it too).

Darrell and I also got our flu shots yesterday. First time either of us have ever gotten one.

Well, this is Darrell last week of work. He goes 3 days this week and goes in for an hour next Wednesday and he will be officially retired.

JBliff - Yes, IDTV is Travis Eliot’s streaming service. It is mainly yoga and meditation type stuff. They were having a 50% off sale which ends today. (Code - FALL50 - if anyone is interested). My hips have gotten so stiff as I’ve gotten older so I really need to start doing more yoga and stretching; so, for 50% off, I thought I would give it a try and maybe I would use it more because I paid for it. We’ll see. . I really liked the looks of Cathe’s Mobility clip too. Very different from anything she has done before. I think I’m most excited about this one.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 06:55 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in town in the morning and STS Cardio MMA Fusion in the afternoon.

Cher - I'm so sorry to hear about the young man. It is so sad. There have been so much sad news this year it's almost unbearable. I agree about needing to do more stretching/yoga as we get older. My primary doctor is always telling me how important it is to stay flexible.

Karjoy - The mobility DVD has 2 workouts, one of which is more yoga focused. I'm looking forward to seeing a clip of that one. I didn't care for Cathe's Yoga Max and Yoga Relax so I'm hoping I'll like the mobility-focused yoga better.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.