Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-20, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning, I was missing Pahla so I did:

25 Min Weight Loss Power Walk - which was a pretty typical Pahla routine!
CS 1305 -

Is anyone else besides me just feeling NO motivation to do anything? I have a long to-do list and I want to do none of it. You would think w/ activities being limited still that I would be getting more done with the extra time, but I just procrastinate more....

Waves, everyone.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 11:20 AM  
Leonana

No workout yesterday, I helped our friends paint. They are opening an ice cream shop in about a month, and are remodeling and painting. The lower third is red, with the upper two thirds white, divided by a chair rail. We painted half of the shop's lower walls red. It wasn't too hard. But we were painting over orange, and the red paint had primer in it, but it took three coats. They bought Valspar paint from Lowe's, and I don't think that paint is a good one for covering dark colors. Anyway, I enjoyed getting out and doing something productive yesterday. I'll probably help next week too.

Not sure about today. I really should do stretching or yoga this evening. I saw some new stretch videos on some channels I follow that I'd like to try, Dr. Jo and Dr. Ben Kim.

I think Reps to the Rhythm is a no go for me with weight workouts. He does it in beat to the music, and I'd like to move slower in weight workouts. However, I might try one of his walks.

Donna, I certainly don't need more shows to watch. I also watch mostly you tube. However, I'm noticing I'm less stressed if I lose myself in a feel good tv show or diy show. I have one on Netflix I like, and I'd also like to watch some home improvement on HGTV. I also want to spend more time reading, and I'm not always good at that! Yes, my motivation is low. Ironically, my mood is better if I get busy and get things done.

Pam, you are doing a great job being consistent with your workouts.

wishiwasinhawaii, we don't have cable, as our city has a lot of free channels, if you have the antenna. We have a digital tv antenna box that gives us all of the major networks, PBS and the local channels. We also have Netflix. Then friends shared Amazon Prime and Disney Plus, although that is only on our big tv in the living room. That is a lot more than we really need. But I really missed HGTV. Of course, I don't want most of the 60 channels. I wish we could pick which channels we wanted, and pay a small fee for each channel. You'd think someone would come up with that!
Old 09-20-20, 02:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did an oldie from 1995, Leslie's Miracle Mile! This is inspirational as Leslie's six backgrounders all lost between 30 and 100lbs! Interesting enough, MaryKay choreographed this workout (not Leslie) so the moves are a little more varied. Leslie is excellent in this one and doesn't get too talky. She's very focused. There's a firming segment at the end of the mile where Leslie does lunges, sit-ups and pushups, which is a nice finisher.

I've been trying the last few days to get in the cleaning groove, and schedule some type of cleaning activity for the day. If I plan this out, I might actually get my house in order.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 07:51 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday I did yard work, so that was my workout. Today was a Jessica youtube fusion workout. I don't have her fusion DVD, but I was able to find something on youtube that I could substitute.

Donna, Oh, I know what you mean about lack of motivation. I have the same problem. I have been able to force myself to do things around here, but I really could be doing so much more. Since I plan to move next year, I really need to get more serious about decluttering.

Sherry, Your TV setup is similar to what I'd like to do when I move. If I move to 55+, it seems some of them include basic cable in the HOA fee, so I guess I'd have that and I'd also watch Netflix, youtube, Amazon Prime. I guess that would be enough, lol. I like cable because I have what seems like a million channels and I'm always discovering something I didn't know I even had, but it's very expensive and as I get older, I want to cut my expenses. I agree there should be a service where we can pick what channels we want, but I think cable, etc make more money on these other plans because we're forced to pay for channels we don't watch.

Pam, That Leslie workout from 1995 sounds like a good one!

Waves!
Old 09-21-20, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is ready for Monday (I'm NOT). But, I have hope that at some point this week I will get good news on something at work...hopefully.....either way I hope to have a direction to go in!

Anyway - today was:

Essentrics TV - A.M. Workout w/ Meg - this was a short 15 min morning session to loosen up and get started. It is funny, i used to do Essentrics after my "regular" workout to stretch out - but now I'm doing it before to loosen up!

Faithful Workouts - Pazaz in the Barn - this is from the DVD set that Michelle recently released. I believe it is also on her streaming platform. Her Pazaz (cardio dance) workouts are a lot of fun - that format seems to have disappeared from "modern" workouts - w/ so much focus on drills, HIIT, etc. These are Christian based workouts, so may not be for everyone, but I"m feeling the need for those messages lately.

Unshaken Yoga - (You Tube) - Gentle Morning Yoga - this is Michelle's daughter's channel - this was a nice low key practice that was a good follow up to the cardio workout. It was about 10 minutes.

Yesterday I got an outdoor walk in and also squeezed in a Yoga w/ Adriene practice -for hamstrings and lower back. It was enjoyable, I can almost see myself going back to Adriene at some point.

Sherry- that is great that you helped out your friends. I agree, although it is very hard for me to get started, I do feel better once I have done something. I started to make a list and it does feel good to check things off. Some of the things I procrastinate on are so silly - as they are not time consuming to do at all - but I just can't seem to get myself moving.

wishiwasinhawaii - I did one of Jessica's fusion workouts on Saturday. I just love her fusion stuff!!

Pam - good luck - I so need to get in the groove. I am starting by making a list of everything and then I think I will "schedule" time with myself to get it done. I don't know, i have to try something. I feel like I'm stuck in place!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-21-20, 09:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Spent some more time with Leslie today Walk Aerobics Two Mile Walk from the three DVD set which includes Miracle Mile and Four Mile Walk. MaryKay again choreographed this one and it was good, as was Leslie. Funny about doing this and the Miracle Mile yesterday because Leslie is wearing shorts with some kind of nude tights, but you usually never see her legs. She's always wearing pants, but not so in 1995. Her hair is pretty here, too with blonde highlights. Very 90s.

I am following a schedule that CleanMama uses each week and see how that goes. She also has decluttering and organizing tips, monthly calendars to follow, etc. Lists of things you can set timers for to do in 10 or 15 minute increments. Choosing one focus area at a time to declutter or organize (like kitchen drawer, or purge one type of clothing category.)

Mon: Bathrooms
Tues: Dusting
Wed: Vacuum Floors/Stairs
Thurs: Clean/Mop Floors
Fri: Catch Up (anything you didn't finish)
Sat: Launder towels and sheets
Sun: Day of Rest. yeah right :-)

This is just an example but can be done any way you choose. I have certain things I do on certain days that don't take too much time (like watering indoor plants every Monday) or (placing grocery order for delivery on Wednesday) or (cleaning out fridge the night before trash collection.)

Night all!

Current Rotation:
Old 09-22-20, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Faithful Workouts - Lower Body in the Barn - I enjoyed this one - a lot of variety - she used weights, bands, and a ball. The format was "interval" style 35 seconds on, 10 seconds off. The time went by fast. She does some exercises that you don't see often in other videos - like side steps w/ the circular band around the ankles, etc.

I also added on a yoga practice from Michelle's daughter, Denika. It was short, around 15-20 minutes.

Later today I will get in some additional activity - perhaps a walk or CS....

Pam - that looks like a good cleaning schedule. I need to get some sort of plan going....maybe on Tues/Thurs I can schedule 30 minutes to do housework??? When I work from home, I do stuff like laundry, etc. b/c that is easy enough to do - but since I'm trying to get in the habit of taking scheduled breaks from work, I'm thinking a few days a week the breaks could be house work like vacuuming, etc. so this way it doesn't pile up on me. Is the FLY Lady still around - didn't she have plans for keeping things clean/organized?

waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Sherry!

Donna
Old 09-22-20, 11:45 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday was Jessica and her husband's Cross Training for Fitness. I did Jessica's workouts, the balance and strength and the standing abs portion. Then I did a you tube 10 Minute Strength workout. I also did some dumbbell moves while watching a you tube video for about 20 minutes. In the evening I did some stretching. Jessica had some different moves in that dvd, and I was happy to see I could keep up. I remember it being really hard, so maybe I've increased my strength. Well, I don't do pushups as fast as her!

Today I am helping my friend paint. I guess that means stretching tonight!

I think the Dr. Ben Kim channel is a no go for me. I tried the hip stretching Sunday night, and my glute hurt more. But maybe it was the wrong stretch.

Pam, that's a good schedule. I do some cleaning every day, because of the cats, and laundry during the week, also yard work. The bathrooms are usually when I notice it. I reserve Saturday for vacuuming, dusting and mopping, and changing the sheets.

Donna, I'm sure having a schedule for cleaning makes it easier.

wishiwasinhawaii, I was okay with Netflix and local channels for a long time. I think once you get used to it, you won't miss it. The Amazon Prime and Disney Plus was due to my daughter, her friends shared their subscription. I never watch them, tbh. I just wanted HGTV, lol.
Old 09-22-20, 03:40 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was Leslie's Walk Aerobics 4 mile Weight Loss Walk. I did 2.5 miles. It's an odd one, in an odd supposedly living room setting. Didn't care for it much, and quit before they got to the last mile. Hips were hurting before, so easy to stop beforehand.

Sherry, feline family are a constant upkeep with cat boxes, litter scattered on floor, and other messes (vomit and poo) etc. It's a daily activity for me, too!

wishiwasinhawaii, would love to do away with cable someday, as it's a big expense each month.

Donna, that faithful workout sounded like a good one! Do they have YouTube workouts or DVDs? Not that I need more stuff. I've got to put a halt to what's coming into the house, LOL!

Have a good day everyone!

Current Rotation:
Old 09-23-20, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't sleep well last night - so I got up late and had limited time, but I did:

Faithful Workouts - Yoga in the Barn - from the DVD set that just came out. This was a traditional flow but enjoyable.

I plan to walk or do something else later....

Yesterday DD and I took a walk at lunch and then I did CS 1315 after work.

Sherry - pets do force us to keep up w/ our housework. We don't have cats any more, but two dogs - and they are messy - shedding, bringing stuff in from outside. Right now my Golden is a mess - she is rolling in rotting fruit outside (we have Persimmon trees and my dogs not only eat them obsessively - which causes digestive problems - but they roll in them...ugh). My daughter takes care of her lizard and fish, but I'll probably be doing that if she goes away to college next year. I would get cats and another rabbit, but DH is at his limit.

Pam - I wonder if I have that DVD? I have a few "vintage" Leslie workouts - I do remember one where she was wearing shorts over nude tights...so I must have it somewhere!

Faithful workouts does have a You Tube Channel and her daughter, Denika has a yoga channel called Unshaken Yoga.

Faithful Workouts also has a streaming subscription site and they do sell DVDs, too. Sometimes she offers a special - $35 for the entire year of streaming, which is not bad at all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/faithfulworkouts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeL...OMXsKLG-wDo5bQ

https://faithfulworkoutsplan.com/

https://www.unshakenyoga.com/

The positive messages are so needed right now w/ all that is going on between the pandemic, the election and now the supreme court.....

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong