Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-20, 02:12 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I see I've forgotten to post for a few days again. Probably cause there wasn't a lot to post.
On the 18th: YT Leslie in the AM, a few short treadmill walks, and 15 minutes after dinner!
The 19th: my aunt called and we talked for over 2:30, and I walked around inside the whole time. I did get on the treadmill for 20 minutes later, and then did a short walk watching t.v. after dinner.
Today, it's in the 70's!!!!! Rainy, but it still felt so great outside, I've been energetic. Cleaned house, did a couple loads of laundry, and I've done an hour (25, then 35 minutes) on the treadmill.

SB, I pulled out the only KCM I could find 30 Minutes to Fitness Weights a couple days ago when you mentioned her. I haven't done it, but it's a bit more likely. I'm glad that split of weights in the AM and walking later is working for you.

Penguin, I live on a corner, and neighbors across the street to the east moved a few months ago and wanted to rent out their house. At one point the wife told me she was considering making it a short term rental, and that a realtor had told her she could fit a dozen people in it, because they had so many bathrooms. I was horrified. Luckily, it didn't happen, and they just rented it this week. My old neighbor told me it was to a younger couple, "in their 50's,"
so hopefully they'll be quiet.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 07:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did AM Callanetics in the morning and a 49 minute walk in the afternoon. I am planning a similar day today, a dvd in the morning and a walk in the afternoon. It's been pretty brisk here the past few days, 40s at night and barely in the 60s during the day. I think we're going to warm up as the week goes on into more normal temps which are 70s this time of year.

TERRI, good to hear from you. I was worried maybe the hurricane came your way. Glad to see you're keeping up with your walking regime. That's a great idea to walk around the house when you're on the phone so long!

Waves to all! Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a premix from Tracie Long's Defined Lines in the morning and a 49 minute walk in the afternoon. I had started out with KCM's new Super Sculpt dvd but it was a fast moving routine with very light weights. Just not what I was looking for yesterday. Maybe another day.

I am planning a walk today and maybe something stretchy? CS? I'm feeling a little stiff lately. Maybe from doing more weight work?

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 09-22-20, 03:09 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Sb, how did you like the Callanetics? I know I used to some of those, but don't remember a lot about it. Your "brisk" is my idea of cold!

We've actually gotten quite a bit of rain from Beta -- I poured 6 inches from my rain gauge this morning, but it had overflowed, so I don't know what we really got. Still raining off and on, which we really needed. It's warmed back up, but only 80's, so not too bad.

I've done my after dinner the past two nights, and did some YT Leslie and treadmill walking, too.

Today, just the treadmill so far, though I do plan a Leslie after dinner. She's easy to follow without breaking a sweat.

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 09-23-20, 09:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a couple of routines from Pilates by Lisa in the morning and a 54 minute walk in the afternoon. I had done a PBL free trial in the winter and I think I liked it well enough but it wasn't worth keeping because I never stick with one instructor for long. On a whim I signed up yesterday because she was having a 50% sale for a month. We'll see how long I last . I am planning a walk today and more PBL I think.

TERRI, nice job keeping up with your walks so consistently. I'm glad you haven't had any serious damage from the hurricane.
I enjoy Callanetics, I've done it off and on for years. The AM Callanetics is one of my faves. It's only 24 minutes but it covers everything without totally boring me to death. I remember once doing it before work and someone asking me that day if I lost weight. I don't think it was quite that miraculous this time but I do find it effective.

Waves to all. Stay well.
Old 09-23-20, 01:34 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

OOOH I'm going to find my AM Callanetics and see if I look thinner

I did a YT Walk at Home after dinner last night, led by Nick and Rocky. Only 15 minutes, no warm up, but did have a cool down. I like it that way better than the reverse.

This morning I searched for Jessica Smith, and did 1 Mile Wake Up & Walk, starring her and Peanut. I think it had to be one of her first, in front of a glass door, and poor old Peanut had to keep moving so she didn't get stepped on. It was good, more variety than a Leslie, and way more energetic.
I've been on the treadmill twice also.

I'm back to feeling blah about lifting weights, and getting in better shape. My lazy side is telling me I look good enough for my age, and nobody sees me naked but me any more anyway, so...............

Happy Wednesday

Meister Eckhart

Old 09-23-20, 04:02 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I had to start a new page in my paper workout journal! This makes me so happy!

Sunday~ Hubby and I got out in the backyard, I went around first with pruners and loppers, starting to hack away 10 years of overgrown bushes for the new fence. Hubby came back around with the chainsaw, then a pole chainsaw to trim some of the oak and pecan tree's low hanging limbs. They are probably 60-70 ft tall so he didn't get much done there. He also chopped down a 20 ft holly tree and took off the top 20ft of a crepe myrtle. Its almost impossible to kill those even if we try {aske me about the one in the front yard!} so we are sure it will come back.

Monday~ we took the camper to a friends house, then dragged all the branches out to the curb. I'm sure the garbage men are going to be thrilled with us. We had put the dead wood aside and Monday night we had a fire in the pit, it was a nice temp for it as the nights are approaching chilly. The yard looks a lot better and we'll get more sunlight now. I found a holly bush and a japonica {I think?} I planted there about 10 years ago behind the garage, they are about as tall as I am now. I hope we don't have to cut them down.

Tuesday was shopping and dentist appointments.

Today I did UTTB Lady Gaga 1m walk along with Walk At Home 1m with Nick. Sunday didn't help my shoulder so still no knitting or upper body movements. Its getting better though.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 04:14 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Terri, I like the WAH led by Nick, he's pretty much my favorite now. Glad that you had a nice, loooong talk with your aunt! Its nice to catch up. We have a lot of rentals around here where one person rents the house and then all of his friends and family show up. Egads! 12 people!!!! We are in our 50s and we are the one's ensuring that this is a quiet neighborhood! So hopefully the renters are the same. Glad the Hurricane. wasn't bad for you.

SB, I think I like variety too much to stick to one program also. I say that knowing I've only done the same four people in the past few weeks, snicker. You won't know until you try. I'm glad that you had some time with your sister. I find having a plan/schedule seems to help me be more consistent, glad you found one that works for you.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday I did 2 more PBL routines, lower and upper with a band, and a 47 minute walk in the afternoon. I am planning a walk today and possibly more. I have to go back to get my crown put in this afternoon so I'll see how far I get with the exercise.

The schools in the town where I walk on the trail get out at 1 pm with this new hybrid schedule. So now there's a bunch of middle school kids hanging out in the park when I walk. They totally overtook the playground and get kind of rowdy. I felt bad for this mother and little toddler yesterday who couldn't even get on the swings with all the middle schoolers cutting up. They also were throwing things and a plastic cup of soda missed me by a couple of inches. I told them to calm down. This is usually such a quiet peaceful park and trail, this is really annoying. This hybrid schedule is supposed to be half day in school then half day remote so these kids should be home doing the remainder of their work remotely.
I wouldn't care if they weren't acting like a mob in the park. Agh.

TERRI, nice job with the walking variety. Maybe while you're doing some of the YT walks with Leslie you could hold some light handweights and do curls and triceps kickbacks to get a little toning in? I'm sure you look good but I think a little weight work is a good thing for other reasons. It is hard to get motivated sometimes, lord knows. I can definitely sympathize with you on that.

PENGUIN, wow you've been busy! I'm sure those walks felt like a break after all that yardwork. Congrats on the new workout journal page. I hope your shoulder continues to improve.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!

Old 09-24-20, 03:24 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I don't think I'd like being around a bunch of rowdy tweens, either. One on one most kids are great, but get them in a group and they can get loud.

After I posted yesterday I did think about other reasons to lift weights, and they are the reason I was going to start lifting again. I think I just got sidetracked by remembering how I USED to look when I worked out consistently. And was a lot younger

Penguin, I saw that UTTB Gaga walk, but haven't tried it. I don't know any of her music, or really any newer music, and wasn't sure I'd like it. You guys sure got a lot of stuff cut back for the new fence!

I did my after dinner walk last night, to part of a Team Body Project w/o mentioned on GD. The woman did use weights during Stevie Wonder, but I just walked on. It looked like it would be a good one to do though.

Started today with 13 minutes of a Leslie on YT. Been on the treadmill four times since. The weather is still cool for here, right below 80 so I feel more energetic.

Meister Eckhart