Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-11, 01:38 PM  
marissajd

I've taken live classes with Burr Leonard, Jill Dailey (Dailey Method founder), and Shelly from P57.

I'd love to take live classes w/ Fred & Lis from Core Fusion, Christi Taylor, Eoin Finn, and BBL Leandro.
marissajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 02:25 PM  
suegy3

Elizabeth Halfpap from Core Fusion and one of the instructor's from the Lotte Berk dvd's that also taught at Core Fusion. I can't remember her name though. I forgot that I also took a kettlebell certification with Jeff Martone.

I'd like to take a class with Patrick Goudeau. He seems like lots of fun. I'd also like to take a class with Tracy Long because I like functional fitness. And I'd take a class with any of the kettlebell instructors.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 02:25 PM  
videofit

I would love to take a class with Margaret but don't know when I'd ever get to Boston. Someone on here did take her class in Brookline a while back and loved it.
Old 09-04-11, 02:56 PM  
earthydiva

P57 with Tanya, when she was in Chicago last year.

I would love to go to a Miranda/Classical Stretch or Ellen Barrett retreat.
earthydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 04:11 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have done yoga workshops with Beryl Bender Birch, David Swenson and Ana Forrest. I enjoyed them all. I agree that David Swenson has a great attitude and sense of humor. He really is an excellent teacher. This past spring I took a weekend workshop with Rodney Yee and his wife Colleen(?) at Kripalu. The workshop was not my favorite since its not the kind of yoga I really enjoy but Rodney is a good teacher and he also has a good sense of humor.

Recently I took a class with Suzanne Bowen at a local studio. She was doing a Barre Amped certification with the studio owners and part of it was giving a few live classes. It was OK but then again I am not much of a barre fan.

I have taken a few classes with Kelly Coffey Meyer and really enjoyed them.

I would love to take a class with Lauren Brooks and Eoin Finn.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 04:50 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I've taken classes from Elizabeth Halfpap from Core Fusion and from Eion Finn (back when he taught in Vancouver). There were a couple semi-well-known yoga teachers that I've taken a class from, but I don't remember their names off hand. I don't go out of my way to take classes from stars, though, and I don't sign up for pricey yoga retreats, so I doubt I'll be adding much to my list. I don't find that the stars tend to be that much better in class than the non-stars. They may be more knowledgeable overall, but in an hour long class, there's only so much you can do. I'm more interested in the method than the person.

If I had to pick one person I'd like to take a class from, it'd probably be Ana Forrest or Erich Schiffman.
Old 09-04-11, 06:50 PM  
firmaniac

I wish I'd taken a class w/ Kari Anderson when I lived in WA,and I wish I'd taken a class w/ BB and TaeBo,and Richard Simmons (don't laugh)when I lived in CA; I've only taken live classes at the old The Firm Studio,and Bodyfit. So Nancy Tucker,SueMi,Janet Brooks,Lisay Kay,Tara Judge,Allie Del Rio,Jennifer Carman and Suzanne Bates are my live classes. Of that genre I would love to have a class with Tracie Long and Pam Cauthen's yoga...

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:35 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I used to go to a lot of fitness conferences and conventions, so I have taken classes with many video instructors: Gin Miller, Kari Anderson, Cory Everson, Gay Gasper, Rob Glick, Keli Roberts, Petra Kolber, Christi Taylor, Mindy Mylrea, Patrick Goudeau, Ilaria, Michelle LeMay, Kendell Hogan, Seasun, the Urban Rebounder instructors, and various Les Mills instructors from Australia and elsewhere, Margaret Richard, and some of the Lotte Berk instructors from the original studio in NY. I met Shelly at the Physique 57 studio, but didn't take a class with her. I took a Rodney Yee yoga workshop and have been to several Cathe roadtrips.

Instructors that I would like to take classes from are: Gilad, Kathy Smith, Tracy Long, Jane Fonda, Mari Winsor, Tony Horton, and Karen Voight.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:40 PM  
bdandy3
VF Supporter

I've taken classes/workshops from both Steve Ross and Alan Finger. They were both amazing.

I would love to take a class from Eoin Finn and am hopeful it may happen before the end of the year.

You cannot be good or bad at yoga. Just do what you can and you will reap the rewards.
Alan Finger
bdandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:15 PM  
Orlita

Wow, Twyla Tharp! I'm jealous (though I'd be scared to study with her).

I've taken with Eoin, Ravi and Ana, Misty Tripoli (2 classes, yoga and dancing), and Carrie from Pure Barre. I think that's it. Tilak was hosting Eoin, so we got a little taste of his personality but not of his teaching.

All 6 were very friendly and down to earth, and I enjoyed all the classes.

I'd like to take a class with Ellen, Fred and Lis, Leah, Andrea Rogers, Burr, Jenifer Galardi, a number of salsa instructors, and more with any of the teachers I already took a class with.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote