Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-11, 09:44 PM  
KellyMarie65

How long are the workouts? Are there more clips anywhere?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 10:00 PM  
bellee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiomama View Post
There isn't a cool-down on the MB45 essentials set, many KB workouts don't include one (you cool-down on your own). But at least there is a proper warm-up, and 6 workouts (so not bad for the original & especially for the sale price, most KB DVDs have 1-3 workouts on them).
It's just at the end of the beginner 1 workout I -think- he said to remember to follow the cool down which I couldn't find. Maybe I misheard? I'm doing the second one today so will find out.

It is a great deal for 6 workouts! Just wished they didn't drop the price so soon after I bought it. Oh well. For those contemplating the DVDs, I can recommend the Essentials DVD. I'd buy the Advanced DVD, but I just bought two LB's (yes, overpriced) and I think I was lucky to score 4 used AOS DVDs (Providence, Firepower, Newport & Clinic) for $55 - fingers crossed they are "as new" as the seller describes!
bellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 10:08 PM  
bellee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
How long are the workouts? Are there more clips anywhere?
I've only watched the instructional (35mins), warmup (about 5mins) and beginner 1 workout (15mins). There's also a second beginner workout, and 4 other workouts including a body weight workout - don't know how long they are. Haven't seen any clips other than a short introduction on their website.
Old 08-10-11, 10:24 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
In defending MB45, I will state this. Marcus is running a business. Businesses, especially from the internet do not let you know "ahead of time" that they are cutting prices. Yes, I agree the price cut is quick, but don't all dvds eventually get priced down, even Cathe!! Lastly, Marcus is right these kb dvds are off the chain in the overpricing. As much as I like AoS and Lauren, they are not 15.99 or even 19.99. Why should we who like kbs pay huge prices for these workouts? I am going more towards the paper route, setting my gymboss with my own music. You will be surprised how fast the workouts go. You don't need to have a dvd on to get a good, solid workout in. Oh, one thing about RKS is that it has given me more ideas about my own creativity in setting up my workouts, for that I am appreciative.
I agree exactly!!! me to I use lots of paper workout and you can get a great workout I bought 2 Gymbosses!! for my paper workout...I mention in another post that I think Kbell workouts are over priced
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 12:07 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellee View Post
It's just at the end of the beginner 1 workout I -think- he said to remember to follow the cool down which I couldn't find. Maybe I misheard? I'm doing the second one today so will find out.
That's what I remember him saying as well, and I looked for--but couldn't find --the cooldown.

In workout 2, he says to not forget 'to cooldown', which sounds more like there is none included.

It seems like a lot of KB workouts omit the cooldown and final stretch. I find that rather annoying. It's also annoying that the MB45 warm-up is on a disc separate from most of the workouts.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 12:54 AM  
bellee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
That's what I remember him saying as well, and I looked for--but couldn't find --the cooldown.

In workout 2, he says to not forget 'to cooldown', which sounds more like there is none included.

It seems like a lot of KB workouts omit the cooldown and final stretch. I find that rather annoying. It's also annoying that the MB45 warm-up is on a disc separate from most of the workouts.
Just finished workout 2 and yes he says don't forget to cool down. I don't know how to cool down after a kettlebell workout. Why do they omit it?!

I agree with you about the warm up being on the other disk. Very annoying having to swap disk in the middle of a workout.
Old 08-11-11, 08:29 AM  
Ctfitnut
VF Supporter

I have purchased both of the dvds and am grateful for the price decline. I have not gotten into the KB workouts yet. Ashley did contact me for the lower price of USPS shipping of $6.50 for both dvds.
Old 08-11-11, 09:24 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctfitnut View Post
I have purchased both of the dvds and am grateful for the price decline. I have not gotten into the KB workouts yet. Ashley did contact me for the lower price of USPS shipping of $6.50 for both dvds.
Did she take the initiative to call you on her own? I haven't ordered yet because I want the lower shipping........

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:39 PM  
Ctfitnut
VF Supporter

She actually emailed me. I did not realize there were other shipping options such as USPS which may be caused by my browser settings.
Old 09-04-11, 05:47 PM  
KellyMarie65

How do I get the advanced one? I only see the Essentials for sale.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mb45 essentials