Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-12, 10:42 PM  
Sharaz

Question Bummer DVD is freezing

So, I'm here surfing the web because today is my rest day and though about previewing Celebrity Trainers Workout - New York City. I put Jade's Body Blast Flow and froze a little at the beggining. Then, I put Kengra's NYC Dance Workout all good. Then it came Jonathan's Pilates Power Flext and it froze a couple of times at the beginning and then just froze completely. I had to turn off the DVD player and turned on again to be able to eject it. Yesterday, I did Stoked 360 (is was great) with no problems at all.

My question is I have seeing on treads asking about if the DVD's are pressed or not. What that mean? I never had a problem before with my DVD's, so never pay attention to it. I looked and don't see any scratches. I purchased it from TF.

I like Stoked 360 and the dance workout which is Hip Hop inspired. Should I return it or the DVD is just poor quality? How I know if is presed or not? Thanks
Old 03-13-12, 07:11 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

If the back is silver, it should be pressed. If it is a dvd-r, it is usually purple.

I would definitely let them know there is a problem with the discs. Do you have another player you can try them on?
Old 03-13-12, 07:20 AM  
sherry7899

It may be your dvd player and not the discs, if you had to shut off the player and turn it back on to eject the dvd. When our last dvd player was dying, it would do that.

Did you try cleaning the discs? I hope that will work and that you do not need a new player? Also, try the dvds in other players or your computer and see if they play in them without any problems.

Good luck!
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 07:23 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
If the back is silver, it should be pressed. If it is a dvd-r, it is usually purple.

I would definitely let them know there is a problem with the discs. Do you have another player you can try them on?
The back is silver, so that mean is ok? I will play it on my other DVD player at night to verify if it works. That's newer and is located in my workout area at the terrace. The one I used yesterday is on the living room. If doesn't works, I may ask for a replacement at Mary's. Thank you
Old 03-13-12, 08:43 AM  
Ctfitnut
VF Supporter

I had trouble like that and it was the dvd player.
Old 03-13-12, 08:52 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I had a movie dvd that would freeze on me in a certain spot and not play anymore. I tried everything, cleaning it, different players etc. It was the dvd. Because it was a gift, I couldn't return it. Sometimes you just get a bad dvd even though they look normal. I would return it. The faster you do it, the more likely they are to believe you.
Old 03-13-12, 09:20 AM  
Cammie-Cam

I thought the DVD was called "Bummer". I was thinking what kind of workout is that?

I have a Cathe DVD Intensity that freezes during the bootcamp part which is my favorite part of the workout. I've used alcohol which works for a while, but if I don't play the DVD in a few weeks I have to wipe it down again. Since I got it on the yaya board I can't exchange it.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 09:33 AM  
Cammie-Cam

Database Error = double post.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 05:27 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharazPR View Post
The back is silver, so that mean is ok? I will play it on my other DVD player at night to verify if it works.
Sometimes pressed dvds are defective so it's not necessarily okay just because it's pressed. It's just less likely to go bad over time.
Old 03-13-12, 11:36 PM  
Sharaz

Thanks all for the responds. I'll be doing Stoked 360 again at the end of the week on my other DVD player and will play the Pilates section again to check if freezes. Sometimes, I keep my workouts issues for myself..I may annoy people around here