Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-20, 11:23 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Pilates Mat

This one was from her DVD. I also plan to walk after lunch, it's another nice day!

Carol, thanks for letting us know about Linda! I'm glad she's okay. Your workout sounds tough!

Donna, I hope things went well with telling your boss today.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 03:04 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

15 min. walk/read; JS AM: Energizing Flow from Yoga Stretch (30 min.)

I packed the laptop with us to piano lessons and did yoga in her sun room. It was pretty glorious. I'm thinking I might make a habit of that.

And yes, we're doing lessons again. Our teacher is a bit of a rebel and wanted to start. And I know that though she's a rebel, they are also pretty isolated. So it's a low-risk situation...

Donna, how did your boss take the news?

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 03:05 PM  
cherimac

Hi, ladies. Nothing for me yesterday as I woke up with my old TA shoulder injury flared. I think I slept wrong. The good news is that it's been a year since that happened. Today I decided to just do a bit of the Magically Connected workout with Lesley Logan, modifying quite a bit. My shoulder is better but not 100 percent. It usually takes a few days.

Carol~that is just awful about the man being at Walmart. I can't even imagine.

Christine~haha. Blackberry is a mess. She's getting spayed tomorrow, provided she doesn't eat some junk that makes her throw up again.

Donna~glad you told your boss about your job. One less worry.

Brenda~I always liked Tone and Flow.
Old 05-06-20, 07:02 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday turned into a long day - starting before 9 and ending after 5:30. A fair amount of stress because of the subject matter we are dealing with - next year's planning. 30,000 foot conversations as my boss likes to call them. As a "bean counter" those types of conversations are challenging for me to begin with! I'm more of a 5 foot kind of girl. That's a long way of saying I didn't do anything but a :

Dog Walk - 30 minutes

I'll try to get back on Jessica's rotation today. I'll be busy - going in to work to drop things off and having to go to the post office to mail certified letters for work - oh the unemployment claims, even though we haven't let anyone go in the last 2 months - so I'll likely be worn out tonight too. It's mental fatigue as much as anything. Only 45 new cases yesterday - that's good these days.

Cheri - TA shoulder injury? Tracey Anderson? Or is that a body part I'm unaware of? Hope Blackberry recovers quickly from her surgery! It's really amazing how quickly dogs do bounce back from that.

Brenda - Nice yoga practice - I really like most of Jessica's yoga. Some of her newer stuff though is too hard for me, I think.

Christine - Nice job!

Donna - Hope your conversation with your boss went well. I know that can be difficult, depending on the boss.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Get Healthy U - Body Weight Workout - Challenge Day 5 - Barre Strong - Body Weight HIIT. This looked interesting so I gave it a go. It wasn't bad - I followed Chris for modifications - no jumping, modified burpees, etc. It was 30 minutes and good for a change of pace.

Blessful Body - Inner Core workout - I had done this one before, I really like Ky for when I want a gentler Pilates/Yoga inspired workout.

DD and I walked yesterday - hopefully we can today, it is raining, but maybe we can get out in between showers.

My boss was ok with it - I'm working on a transition plan - my new boss wants me to start the day after Memorial Day - with maybe June as a transition month where I'm doing a little bit of both - it will be interesting to "train" since there is very limited staff in the office. I guess most of my "training" is going to be remote. I'm not sure when we will be in the office full time again.

Carol - that sounds like a tough day!

Cheri - I hope you feel better! My dog, Bailey, went into heat the day before she was due to be spayed!

Brenda - that sounds like a great idea - to bring your laptop to piano!

Nice work, Christine!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 02:06 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Walk
Stretching

Today was my active rest day. It felt good to get out for a walk before the rain, and do some stretching on my own.

Donna, I'm glad things are all set up for you to start next month.

Cheri, I'm glad Blackberry made out okay with her spaying!

Carol, I hope you get to relax a bit in the coming days. The mental fatigue is real!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 02:21 PM  
cherimac

Hi! Blackberry did great. My shoulder still hurts, but is better. I did 5 minutes of my own Pilates so I could modify. It’s turning out to be a recovery week for me. Maybe tomorrow.

Donna-dogs have a way of going into heat at the worst times.
Old 05-06-20, 04:53 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

JS Cardio Flow and Cardio Dance Sculpt, both from Total Body Balance

Donna, that sounds like a plan.

Cheri, nice to finally have that surgery behind you!

Carol, good job on the rotation!! I've been doing her Spring Ahead Plan but shifted to her Fusion rotation from February today. I've been loving her fusion stuff lately.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:21 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was:

Jessica Smith - YouTube: Feel Good Fusion - 30 minutes

This is another workout I've never done; I really enjoyed it. I was definitely glistening by the end. Peanut was basically sleeping the entire time. My Sophie girl used to love to watch Peanut while I was exercising, but Bonnie has not discovered Peanut yet.

Same old, same old here. More cases, and sadly we are beginning to see more deaths - 6 in the last two days, a lot for us. One of them was a baby.

Brenda, I'm with you, I really enjoy Jessica's fusion workouts.

Cheri - so glad Blackberry's surgery is behind her. She'll be back to normal before you know it.

Christine - Rain sounds so good! It's been a while for us, things are drying out. Me too on the relaxation. We have posted a position for a school nurse, so once we get one hired, I can turn over all of those things to the nurse. I told the Board that I've been spending 50 to 60% of my time since February on coronavirus, and I don't have that time to spend on it.

Donna - I'm not sure either when things will get back to anything that approaches normal. Good job on your workouts. I'd been wondering what that Barre Strong workout was like. Thanks for the preview.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I tried another from the Get Healthy U TV Body Weight challenge - it was Mat Pilates 2 - it used a towel (I used a yoga strap) as a prop and was an athletic take on Pilates exercises. It was a nice one for a change of pace. This Body Weight Challenge is pretty good! I wonder how long the workout links will work for me? I may go back and try some of the other workouts in the challenge that I missed. The most "dread" full one being the Coming Down the Ladder workout.

Oh - I also did a quick 7 Min workout from Lucy Wyndham Read's You Tube channel to warm up - but as it turned out, I didn't really need to since the first half of Mat Pilates 2 is done standing!

Yesterday DD and I took a walk with the dogs in the evening. The weather looks nice so we will be doing that again today.

Our Governor is talking about relaxing restrictions and moving into Phase 1 of re-opening. I guess the numbers they are looking at are hospitalizations because our case count has been a steady rise since this all started - I see no flattening of the curve! Honestly, I think is premature and I think it is political pressure and not science or regard for human life that is driving these states to re-open. Hopefully, I will not have to go in the office regularly for some time and I do plan to limit all my other activities even when I do have to return to the office.

While I do feel for people who are out of work I just don't see how prematurely opening and causing a spike in cases/hospitalizations/deaths is going to improve the economy.

Oh well - I guess there is not much we can do about it other than to take the precautions that we feel are appropriate for ourselves.

When I eventually do go back to the office, I'm thinking about going back to Jessica Smith's rotations - maybe working through all my DVD sets. Or maybe following the ones she posts on her site. Her rotations are so varied, workouts are usually 30 minutes long (perfect for when busy with commuting and all the other fun that comes with going back to the office) and I end up getting a well rounded workout plan without having to think too hard about it. I may start with the 30 day walk plan and do it over 60 days with Pilates/Ellen inserted every other day. Then I may move on to Walk Strong 1, 2 and 3.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote