Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-20, 02:06 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterdays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Ellen’s streaming: Powerful Presence - I decided to do a month with Ellen to try this month’s new workout, it’s led by Natalie Spadaccino. It’s much more intense than Ellen’s recent workouts....moves quicker, lots of balance work which I love. For the most part I liked it. There was one knee intensive segment where you go down to your knees & back up. I used my oval rat pads under my knees, but they still weren’t overly happy. I think it could be easily modified, which I would probably do next time.
~Headstand, neck & upper back stretches

Pat - I’m glad you had a nice weekend & that your shoulder is better. I hope the stretches help.

Sherry - Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 09:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yesterday was productive. I did:

~ YwK Day 16, Yoga to Stretch & Soothe for Pain Release
~ KCM Muscle Up, workout 2
~ walk around neighborhood
~ inverted and puppy pose with blocks from Pam's recommendations yesterday

Kassandra was again "just okay" but Kelly's Muscle Up workout - lower body, bis and tris - was just as good as workout one. Basic, not rushed moves like Sumo squats, deadlifts, curls, kickbacks and lunges.

Pam, that Powerful Presence routine sounds good. At some point I'm going to try Ellen's service.

Waves to everyone! Hope you are all well out there!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 09:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~5 km walk
~Functional upper body fitness....swept the driveway, it was covered in seed pods from our neighbour’s maple tree.
~Essentrics Barre class on zoom
~Headstand, neck, shoulder, & back stretches & acupressure with my potpourri of props and, as DH calls them, torture devices. I also did a Jill Miller style reclined hip & leg stretch....ahhhhhh

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 05-06-20, 08:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning!! Yesterday featured:

~ Meditation group
~ Walk around the neighborhood
~ Inverted
~ Bye Bye Back Pain (Raviana)

I modified BBBP to do it all in a restorative mode with a bolster, and added the meditation while propped up in supported fish pose. I've been slacking on PT and need to make it a focus again. But I got over 7,000 steps the last two days which is a big improvement!

Ugh Pam those maple pods are tough to sweep up. LOL about your torture devices. I added a My Pillow bolster to my collection - DH calls it My Tampon. It's 6" by 18" and very soft, not firm like a regular bolster. It's nice for under the neck.
Old 05-06-20, 09:30 AM  
sherry7899

Hi. I'm sorry for not posting.

Monday:
morning walk-20 minutes
afternoon walk - 15 minutes

My allergies were bothering me, so I split up the walk.

Tuesday:
NIA one hour class-the last ten minutes of that was floorplay, which is NOT my thing! I did my own yoga instead

Yoga Upload-morning yoga/meditation

I am taking a rest day today since I did cardio three days in a row and I needed to go to the post office and grocery store. That is physically draining these days!

I"ll try to check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 09:24 PM  
cyana

Monday:
AM - 15 minutes rebounding/running intervals on rebounder
50 crunches on stability ball
mid-day - Short walk - woo, it was hot
evening - MFML - Easy Hips 2 - Leila Sadeghee
YT - 10 minute singing bowl Chakra meditation

Tuesday:
45 minutes rebounding
MFML - Easy Hips 3 - Leila Sadeghee

No work-out today. Unfortunately I received a call that a family member had been in an accident. It involved several lengthy phone calls, so I'll just call today a rest day.

Pat - You could probably grow ginger and turmeric, but you'd either have to treat them as annuals or grow them in pots. I grow mine in pots and bring them in for the winter (the foliage dies back and I give them a little water every couple of weeks but know someone who puts them in her garage and does nothing to them all winter, go figure!). This is a good link for ginger instructions: https://www.wikihow.com/Grow-a-Ginger-Plant . And here's one for turmeric: https://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Turmeric . I didn't do the plastic bag and lamp thing.

Sherry - It's weird how draining some things can be these days. I'm finding Saturday afternoon naps to be strangely restorative and I'm really not much of a nap person.

Pam - I haven't had to deal with maple pods, but we're just past what I refer to as the "chenille worms" on the oak trees - they're called catkins, but I like my name better. You've reminded me I should really dig out one of my Jill Miller DVD's - it's been a while.

Must wind it down for the night - it's getting late and I need to get back on track with my work-outs tomorrow.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! I had a treat yesterday - the yoga studio offered a free Zoom class with a new instructor at the studio. She taught a hatha style class and I absolutely loved it. She incorporated mudra which was fun! I'll gladly pay to attend in the future.

Hi Cyana, always happy to see you pop in. Thank you for the ginger and turmeric instructions, it can't hurt to try it! I'll pick up both this weekend. Doing some crunches on the stability ball absent of a full fledged ball workout sounds like a great idea.

Good workouts Sherry. I agree - shopping with all the new precautions and bare shelves is trying. I feel for the employees in the stores.

Greetings to anyone who visits today.
Old 05-07-20, 11:12 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Pat, I am happy you had such a lovely yoga class

Pam, thank you for the description of the Ellen class. I may try her streaming at some point.

Cyana, have you bought Lee Holden's newest releases? I am sorry, but I can't justify spending $27 apiece for streaming workouts, and I don't need all of them. Maybe if they are ever on sale individually or released on dvd I will buy a few. I don't use all the Lee that I have. I enjoy his practices, but I find qi gong sometimes makes my shoulders and neck tense up, which is the opposite of what it should be doing!

Today's workouts:

Soul Sweat with Maria-Dropping into Rhythm, 60 minutes. I love this class-the music includes Adele, Sarah McLachlan, Sinead O'Connor and I think a Christina Aguliera song, plus some lovely instrumentals

Yoga Upload-hip opening-15 minutes

I will try to check back later. Hi to Margo, Kate and Jackie.

Sherry

Eta: Cyana I hope the person who was in the accident is okay!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, sorry to be MIA. I need to back away from social media a bit, some of it was really dragging me down.

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on Zoom
~Neighbourhood walk
~Headstand, reclined hip & leg stretch Jill Miller style

Today’s workouts:
~Virtual flow yoga class from my favourite studio in the city - This was really a nice change, I feel a bit saturated with Essentrics these days.
~Neighbourhood walk

I’ll be back to chat soon.....
Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-08-20, 09:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! A rather productive day:

~ Meditation group
~ Winsor Back Workout
~ YwK Upper Body Strength
~ Walk around neighborhood

I had to hugely modify the YwK, no chaturangas happening around here. She offered some nice stretches before and after, though.

Pam, who can blame you for cutting back on web time. Your yoga flow class sounds like a nice break from it.

Sherry, I didn't bite on Lee Holden's latest either. Good workouts for you.

Hi to anyone who visits.