Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-20, 01:11 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- so sorry to hear about your friends' deaths. Lately, it seems we're surrounded by bad news at every turn.

SB-That vertigo sounds most unpleasant! I hope you can figure out exactly what it is, and find the solution.

Terri - I could never last for 72 minutes on a treadmill. That's endurance!

Our heatwave is in full swing and we hit 95f today. I went for an early morning bike ride (one hour) and I thought I was going to faint by the time I got back! I'd never make it living in a southern clime. Yesterday, I soldiered on with STS.

I biked with a covid survivor this morning. She's fine now (had it in early April), but her DH still has some lung issues. She said that one of her symptoms was really sore quad and shin muscles despite no exercise due to fatigue. Weird.
Old 05-28-20, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 39 minute walk with DH in the afternoon. I took it easy. I had no more spinning but if I bent down to pick something up or turned my head a certain way I could feel myself getting off balance. So weird. I am planning another walk today and maybe some pilates, but I'll move more slowly. I'll keep my eye on this a few more days. No more spinning thankfully but the minute I feel it coming on I stop what I'm doing so it passes.

NORA, great job with your bike ride and STS. Send some of that heat this way please! It did hit 80 a couple of days this week but overall cooler. I'm glad your friend is doing well after the covid and I hope her DH can fully recover too.
It is such a strange virus affecting people so differently with so many different symptoms.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Every time I got ready to walk yesterday it would start raining or drizzling so after several attempts I just gave up. I did Winsor B & T Sculpting without the band and the waist slimmer from 10 MS Rapid Results Pilates. I also did 100 kettlebell swings after dinner. Today is another cloudy showery day but I think I might be able to fit a walk in if I go soon. I think the vertigo situation is almost resolved (knock on wood). I took some benadryl in case it was allergy/inner ear fluid related. Keep your fingers crossed

Old 05-29-20, 10:00 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB - I'm glad to hear the vertigo is better. Yes, allergy season is definitely here and maybe it has something to do with it. Maybe not. What do I Know? That's a lot of kettle bell swings. I've never tried those.

Yesterday: Steve Boedt step/hilo
Today: 50 minute walk
tomorrow: I have a walk scheduled if it doesn't rain. Seems like our hot spell may be coming to an end.
Old 05-30-20, 07:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 57 minute walk, most of it with DH, and most of Bernadette Giorgi's Pilates Power Ball Sculpt. I am planning a walk today and maybe more pilates.

NORA, good workouts. I hope the walk works out for you. All good things come to an end. I really enjoy kettlebell swings, they get your heartrate up quickly and are a total body exercise. Sometimes they tweak my back though so I'm careful about doing them too much or too often.

Old 05-31-20, 08:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did 2 walks, a 62 minute walk in the morning and a very brisk 24 minute walk in the afternoon with DD. Also 60 kettlebell swings after dinner.
It's a delightful day today, sunny, dry, 70 ish degrees. I'm planning a walk and hopefully some pilates.

Waves to all! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-31-20, 12:42 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Friday: one hour walk
Yesterday: 45 min. walk

Today, isn't going great so far on the exercise front. I was supposed to begin my final week of STS, but after 3 months of it I just can't face the last week. Fine. I decided to do wkout #1 from A. Bento Slow and Heavy. Joni O'd it. Then tried Floor Burn. it met the same fate. I'm going for a walk!

How's the vertigo SB? I thought of you during my attempt at S&H. I kept feeling dizzy for some reason. No idea why.
Old 05-31-20, 06:50 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my last workouts of the month. It is pretty today but we had several days of stormy weather last week. I'm discovering my allergies tend to act up during these times. A few years ago I did the allergy testing and found I was very allergic to dust mites and mold. I've read those with mold allergies can have flare ups during rainy seasons. The day it stopped raining I started feeling better.

Thursday (5/21) - Barlates Pilates Mat Series: Arms & Legs
Saturday (5/23) - Fit Prime Core First
Sunday (5/24) - Barlates Pilates Mat Series: Lower & Abs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 618
Monday (5/25) - Franny Benedetto CIA 2202 All-Out Hi/Low & Step: Step
Tuesday (5/26) - Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Front & Back Thighs + Classical Stretch Season 6: 627
Wednesday (5/27) - Cathe To the Max - W/U, Solid Step & 30/20 HIIT + Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Abs
Friday (5/29) - Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Outer Thighs & Glutes + Classical Stretch Season 6: 604
Saturday (5/30) - Cathe MIC - W/U, 1st 15 min Hi/Lo, C/D & Stretch + Barlates Ankle Weight Series: Ankle Weight Inner Thighs
Sunday (5/31) - JJ Gormley Yoga for Every Body - Intermediate (45+ Minutes): General Practice with Backbends

SB, I hope your vertigo is gone. A couple of years ago DH had a bad spell. He had never had vertigo before so I took him to the ER because I was worried he might be having a stroke. I've had a few epsiodes especially as a child. If I lied down for about 15 minutes mine went away. His did not. In fact it lasted throughout the night. The ER doctor said it was vertigo and not a stroke. He said sometimes people started having these spells when they were 60+. I forgot what reasoning he gave us.He gave DH a prescription which I got filled. After bringing it home, I realized it sounded familiar. It was 25 mg Meclizine HCI. That's Bonine or The Dramamine Less Drowsy. I usually have that on hand because I get carsick on long trips. Now I know to give it to DH if that ever happens again. Fortunately he has only had that one spell. Hopefully, your spell is something similar but if it keeps happening it might be good to check it out. Good job maintaining your walks and dvd workouts.

Nora, I'm glad you able to enjoy your cottage on the lake again. Do you fish? We spent some time in our little coastal fishing cottage last weekend. I even went fishing. I don't go that much. DH usually has friends and family lined up asking him to take them out. I'm a fair weather fisherman and I like my space. I need a lot of room in that boat. I usually only go with 2 others. More than that and it is too crowded for me. DH likes to lake fish also. I go on some of those trips. He never fishes in our own lake. DH is a fishing addict but I can't point the finger since I'm a vidiot. However, my addiction is a lot cheaper. Great job with the STS rotation! Maybe you need a small break to help find the motivation to complete it. I've never done a 3 month rotation but I think I would have to take several breaks to get through one.

Penguin, I hope you are enjoying your new computer. I'm sorry to hear about your friends. Hopefully they can have memorial services when things open up. I read that about 1 in 3 people are having anxiety or depression during this time. Losing friends and family now must be so much harder than during non COVID times. It sounds like you will be going on some nice camping trips in the future. I hope you are still enjoying your YouTube workouts.

Terri, good job with your treadmill walking and gardening. Tomorrow is officially the start of hurricane season. Can you believe we have already had some named storms? Hopefully we won't have a bad season.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 59 minute walk, the waistline segment from Element Targeted Toning Pilates for Beginners and 60 kettlebell swings after dinner. Today I am planning a walk and hopefully some weights or pilates.

NORA, nice job with the walks. I think it's quite an accomplishment that you almost completed STS. Way longer than I could ever hope to achieve with a rotation. I've been there too many times where I couldn't find a workout I wanted to do. Thankfully no more bouts of vertigo, keeping fingers crossed.

TAMMIE, great workouts to finish up the month! I see you're keeping barlates in the mix. What ankle weights do you use? I have a pair that must be 30+ years old and they are starting to fray. I am in the market for a new pair if you have any suggestions. I hope my vertigo is a one time episode also. I took benadryl in case it was inner ear fluid due to allergies but who knows? I did read it occurs in older people, something with crystals in the inner ear becoming loose? I will definitely go to the doctor if it happens again. I may go even if it doesn't happen. I'm just waiting for things to open up a little more safely here. Do you know what caused your vertigo in the past?

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!

Edited to Add - I will start the new thread for June now! Almost forgot