Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-20, 08:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Joyce Vedral's Complete Non-Stop, upper and lower, and a 51 minute afternoon walk. Splits don't work for me because I never know if I'll get to the other body parts. So I did Joyce as a total body. I did enjoy it a lot and really felt it. It was sunny and mild in the morning yesterday but when I walked in the afternoon it had gotten cloudy and very windy. I am planning a walk today and maybe some pilates or callanetics. I hope to keep up with Joyce but we'll see how that goes.

NORA, good job with the walk and starting STS meso 3! It looks like cooler weather is back for awhile again.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 09:54 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did a new one by Up To the Beat Fitness, Latin Pop Mix 30m walk. I didn't recognize any of the music but that's not that unusual for me. It was fun!

Hubby has been working on the computer for the past few days. He took it apart today and put it back together so now it works better. we will still need a new one but we are hoping to extend the life of this one.

SB, its a desk top. All we really need is the tower. We don't use it for anything but internet access and the Word program. I copy and paste knitting patterns to Word to get them in a big, easy to read print. VF is one of the only sites I visit frequently that I can't use my phone on. Hubby pays some bills online but still prefers paper bills. I think he might need a laptop for his teaching job but we don't know the specifications so don't want to buy anything without more information.

Nora, I'm glad to hear your weather is getting better. I really like Cathe's personality but matching her workouts is tough. I was just thinking "Hey, I could pull out a Cathe..." but I don't want to work THAT hard.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 07:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 52 minute walk/jog. I hadn't done one of those in awhile.
I only added a few jog intervals, I didn't want to overdue it because of my degenerative disc issues. It was fine. Today we are back to the cloudy damp weather again so as long as it doesn't rain, I plan on a walk and hopefully more Joyce.

PENGUIN, glad you had a fun workout. Wow hubby is talented, he can take apart and put together computers too! I hope it lasts long enough until you figure out what you need.

Old 05-06-20, 04:11 PM  
patchworkpenguin

today's Workout was Pahla B's Cardio, Toning and Strength. Just like it sounds we started out with cardio circuits, then moved to light toning while still doing cardio, then 'stand in place' strength. At least I was standing in place while she was doing balance work with her strength. Pass. It was fun and the different sections kept it from being boring.

I'm still churning out masks. I'm trying to rotate days of masks and crochet so I don't get burned out. I hit the kiddie fabric scraps so that might be a shock to someone, I tried to put those on the outside of the bag, but maybe someone will like pirate fabric?

My entire spine felt stiff and sore last night. I'm not sure why. It could have been the dance workout or my trying her stretch instead of my old standby, but a nice hot shower and a little Aspercreame did wonders. I was worried I wouldn't be able to sew today but so far sew good!

SB, so far so good on the computer. Good job on the jogging intervals. I'e been trying to get back into doing weight workouts, similar to your jogging approach but trying a few workouts here and there with light weights.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Old 05-06-20, 08:55 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone.

PP - I'd love to have a pirate mask! I've seen all the pics of people in their cute masks, but all our stores are closed so I don't know where to get them. I ordered from Amazon about a month ago and my package (from China duh) is not making much progress in getting to me! Anyhow, I'm improvising.

Good workouts for you. Thank goodness you have a handy hubby.

SB - You inspired me to pull out a Joyce. I did her speedy non-stop lower body today. It was all over in 13 minutes. Fine. Then I did a one hour walk.
Old 05-07-20, 09:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did Joyce's Definition, total body. I had never done this one before and she kicked my butt again. While I was recovering from Joyce and trying to decide if I should walk in the cold gray weather, it started raining so that took care of that . Today is a nice day so I plan a walk and maybe some pilates or callanetics. We have some cold weather coming back in after today.
They even mentioned the S word for tomorrow

PENGUIN, nice workout. Glad you're finding some fun ones. Glad you got your spine feeling better again. Great job on the masks, pirate fabric included.
DH is at Home Depot and I told him to look for some masks. I heard Home Depot has some. He said they had toilet paper too the other day!

NORA, good job with Joyce and the walk. I'm going to look into a couple of her shorter workouts to mix in with the longer ones. There's a thread on GD where people are linking sites that are selling masks and shipping fairly quickly.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well everyone!!
Old 05-07-20, 02:07 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi everybody!

I am going to have to work on remembering to check in! I used to get on VF every day, sometimes more than once a day, and need to get back in the habit.

I actually have been on the treadmill every day, and doing my gardening.

Yesterday I did part of a kettlebell workout DeMarcus Ware had on Facebook. His form wasn't great, but his body is I was a big fan when he played for the Cowboys, and also when he was on DWTS a few years ago.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 08:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 53 minute walk. Lovely day. I am planning on Joyce today and possibly a walk if the rain holds off. It's threatening right now.

TERRI, nice job getting on the treadmill every day and gardening. It sounds like you had fun with the kettlebell workout . I'm on VF at least once a day usually more especially now on lockdown. lol

Old 05-08-20, 08:46 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday: 1.5 hrs. walking, in two parts
Today: one hour walk.

We actually had a bit of a snowfall today. OMG! I was walking with my friend, and she was all..."it's so beautiful with the sun and the snow and the mist from the field". True, but not on May 8!

I meant to do my STS workout, but it didn't happen. there's still tomorrow.
Old 05-09-20, 12:32 AM  
patchworkpenguin

Yesterday we went out to my parents, we took the Mustang for a test drive and Hubby found a copperhead about 20 feet from the backdoor and was able to shoot it. Lucky he found it and not my Mom! She's terrified of snakes.

The privet bushes are blooming in the area, our neighbors have some and they are popular in the area so they are all around. but it seems we don't like their pollen, or it doesn't like us. I had intended to make masks and exercise but I ended up taking a long nap this afternoon. I feel better anyway.

Hubby seems to have fixed the computer issues so we can hold out until the stores open again. Maybe I shouldn't have typed that out on the computer and tempted fate!

Nora, snow, Yuck! It is supposed to get almost down to the 30s' tonight, so we had to turn the heat back on! we had a thunderstorm last night which kept waking me up which might explain the long nap.

Terri, I always appreciate a good looking instructor! Good to see you here again!

SB, masks and toilet paper! what a find. We finally got some more TP we were doing pretty good. Since I can't drive, I tend to stock up on things or purchase the 'new' when the old is half gone, so I think that helped us. I keep telling Hubby I can bake bread if I need too but it hasn't come to that yet.

Stay well, my friends.