Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-20, 07:23 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers; cat & dog mother's count too.

Pam, just reading about your yoga & stretches makes me feel relaxed.

Cleda, I'm glad you got outside to catch your pokie things.

Helen, talking about your girls being home makes me sort of jealous. I have heard from all my kids & granddaughter so I'm not forgotten.

Lili, I'm glad you & kids had fun playing games. We've played Code Names with ours using computers & text messages.

Saturday we attempted to go hiking on Big Creek trail in GSMNP, but the park road was still closed. Headed for home & decided to do some hiking on the AT. We haven't done that in a long time; not since we were training for the Camino. It was nice to see through hikers on the trail.

We had frost last night, but the garden was safe. We got up early this morning to watch last Sunday's service on utube. Later dh did an audio zoom with his Sunday school class. Nice relaxing morning drinking our coffee.
Today has been multiple dog walks. I actually had to wear a light jacket.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 06:10 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Crazy weather continues

And by Sat. we're supposed to have temps around 80 degrees?!? (Farenheit) Good grief. Yesterday? It was 60 and I still needed to have a jacket on to walk. I told dh: I like it just right. Not too hot, not too cold. And honestly? There are only a hand full of days like that per year. But anyway .....

Checking in and off to get chores done:

5/10/2020: Ally Love's "Sundays With Love". (45 mins.) I did in fact, Meet Nancy on the bike. It was a good ride. The Virtue was: PRIDE. Great ride! Great company. followed up with what I thought would be a LIVE ride with Ally from home. But there was technical difficulties and I ended up doing an encore ride of her 30 minute Pop Ride. I enjoyed it. I don't know why her live from home sessions have such a tough time. (That's why I'd rather not do live rides. Hate to be psyched up for something and then have to postpone it by 30 minutes....) I did walk to get some mileage in Wizards Unite (Harry Potter).

That's about it. On to the last week!!!!
Waves to all.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-20, 06:28 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Started the day with a very chilly dog walk. It turned into a beautiful, sunny day with a chilly wind. I'll hit my step goal with our multiple dog walks.

Rowed 20 minutes, dead bugs, supermans, dead lifts & usual stretches. I'm feeling the rows already.
Old 05-12-20, 12:44 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

May 11
~Taught Essentrics on Zoom
~Neighbourhood walk
~Neck stretches & yin poses

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 05:48 AM  
Helen

KAY
It has been lovely having the girls home, but Cait left today.
To the farm first, overnight - to break up the drive to Melbourne.
Playing Code Names sounds fun.
Still some chill around for you, but being in serious snow country I gather that's expected.

PAM
Couldn't resist looking up headstand benches - pricey! You scored a bargain!

CLEDA
DH has similar feelings about the step as you - it's just something to trip over.
Buddy Kathryn however, is really liking it, and looking for a reason to buy herself a bigger (real?) one. She's also enjoying more complex choreography - so we're well suited for that aspect.
Glad gamification works so well for you - Pokemon is that kind of thing too - you know what you like & it works for you.

LILI
Teaching online I'm sticking with zoom - less of a learning curve & the students like predictability. Haven't heard of HouseParty - will have to look. Staff use MS Teams. Haven't tried Google Classroom Meet yet, though we use that to submit work. SOOOoooo many options!
Online gaming with the family sounds fun.

Monday, 11th May
Cathe - CTX - 10 10 10 - Cardio Only Mix
Tuesday, 12th May
Cathe - CTX - Upper Body Split
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 08:31 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Today was just walking. Started with the early morning Walmart crawl, followed by multiple dog walks. Silly FedEx person left the Chewy box at the driveway gate. We fetched it when we got the mail & paper. I hope when he brings the dog food he delivers to the house. Our regular UPS man always brings everything to the house.
All that to say I met my step goal +. I'm finding I'm doing uphills better!

Waves to all!
Old 05-13-20, 06:52 AM  
Helen

Drive by - been working ALL DAY, from home, only stopped to take Alice out and to jump with buddy - had it not been for her, probably wouldn't have.
just finished a big job (9:51) & now I'm heading to the couch to mentally wind down.

Wed 13-May
30min, Cathe - Basic Step & Body Fusion - Basic Step, 10"
10min, Cathe - Basic Step & Body Fusion - Stability Ball Abs
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 04:14 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I was halfway through a post yesterday when our power went out. By the time it came back on my thoughts were gone, too. I'll do shout outs later.

5/11 - back to Jessica's rotation, but I did the wrong one! It was supposed to be Core Control & I did Balance & Agility from the same DVD. I added 1 mile with Leslie
5/12 - dog walk and 45 min. 80's ride with Ally Love. I can see why Cleda loves her! She's got a smile that lights up the room and is very encouraging without being over the top. I will definitely do more of hers. I also did some gardening.
5/13 - 3 mile run in the park without falling and without walking. Of course I'm pretty slow on trails, but I enjoy them so much more than the road. I did 2 gardening sessions today, getting some veggies in the ground.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 11:26 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Lili, I'm glad you didn't fall. Trails are tricky.

Started the day with coffee & a text chain with all the kids. Oldest son started it by sending a link about the importance of Vit.D. The texts disintegrated into nudist colonies & more weird things. Great way to start the day!

I've spent my morning outside watering the plants, sweeping the porch & trimming the overgrown azalea bush now that it's stopped blooming. Fetched the wheelbarrow to put the trimmings in. Dh had the small compressor in it. So nice to be able to one hand that sucker out, then back in. Wheeled the trimmings down to the burn pile.

It's almost hot today with a chance of thunderstorms later. I'll go for another walk after lunch & if I need more steps, if it rains, I'll hit the treadmill with my new CD/mp3 player.
Old 05-16-20, 07:03 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Kay - I love text chains with my kids! It keeps us all together and can be very entertaining!

5/14 - TURD! I was going to do a short meditation just so I could put something down, but that didn't happen.
5/15 - Jessica's Cardio Interval Sculpt and 2 miles with Leslie and a dog walk. I had to make up for the previous day.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote